The previous recent reviews sum up nicely what to expect. You should not expect the kind of five star resort that you might find in a large city or somewhere like Dubai. The offering is simple, intimate, and well presented.
I found the accommodation to be good, but not amazing. The service was pretty good, and all of the staff were polite and attentive. I liked the informal approach, and being called by my first name. I travelled alone and it was great to have everyone greet me by name - wherever I happened to be on the island.
The food was very good.
The resort is very expensive and so when considering its value for money, things become quite difficult. If you were paying such high prices for the level of service , accommodation and food in a bog standard location you would quickly decide that there are much better opportunities elsewhere.
However - the location is far from bog standard. Its the location and setting that make the resort unique. Its a five star rating plus rating. The scenery is beautiful and the resort offers some pretty cool services. Where else can you easily get to an idyllic private beach (literally the only person on it) and enjoy a sumptuous packed lunch and selection of cold drinks, whilst sitting on pristine white sand, and then slip into the warm azure waters for some amazing snorkelling. These kind of things make Lizard Island quite special.
Is it worth the money? Would I pay a return visit?
I think it probably is, and I would be delighted to return again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lizard Island is truly secluded from the rest of the world. With 24 powdery-white beaches and 40 luxurious suites, it is the most northern resort in tropical Queensland and is located directly on the Great Barrier Reef. A National Park covering 1,013 hectares with 24 sandy beaches and a lagoon, Lizard Island is accessible only by private charter from Cairns Airport in northern Queensland, Australia. Cairns Airport is accessible from all major Australian airports and directly from some cities in Asia. The island is reserved for the fortunate few who will experience an unforgettable holiday like no other. Enjoy secluded picnics and sunset beach degustation on private beaches, five star cuisine in the beautiful Salt Water restaurant and indulgent spa treatments in the Essentia Day Spa. Relax in style in premium accommodation and take in the wonders of Australia's Great Barrier Reef - right on your doorstep. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Expedia, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Lizard Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lizard Island Hotel Lizard Island
- Lizard Island Resort All Inclusive