“Love it !”

Price range: US$6 - US$31
Cuisines: Australian
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Sails Steak and Seafood Grill overlooks Catseye Beach - meaning breakfast, lunch and dinner are served with very pleasant views. What you'll love about Sails Steak and Seafood Grill: - Sample some of Australia's best seafood and prime beef, cooked to perfection, in a spectacular poolside setting. - Both the lunch and dinner menus include a selection of delicious seafood. - The generous buffet breakfast - which is offered daily. - With a relaxed, tranquil vibe, Sails Steak and Seafood Grill is perfect for families or groups of friends. - If you're staying at the Reef View Hotel, Palm Bungalows, or any holiday home booked through Hamilton Island Holiday Homes, you can also take advantage of our Kids Stay & Eat Free offer - where children up to 12 years can eat free when dining with their parents, and when they choose an item from the kids' menu.
Reviewed 9 May 2014

We have been to Hamilton Island twice in the last year and Sails is by far our fav place to eat and hang out. So much so we had a casual celebration lunch here for our wedding.

The range of food and quality is impressive and the service has only ever been a positive experience with the staff always attentive and friendly.

The location is great being on Catseye beach and part of the Resort Centre so therefore close to several swimming pools, shops, kids activities and booking desk.

I think this will always be our place to eat when visiting again.

PS thanks for a fabulous wedding reception, we couldn't have asked for anything better :)

1  Thank MaseandLinke M
Write a ReviewReviews (1,083)

Reviewed 7 May 2014

We had our first lunch at Sails when we arrived Hamilton Island as we were starving and was looking for a lunch desperately, so chose this restaurant for convenience purpose. It has a great view and close to many things, but the food is average and you have to buy the food at the counter, so I can only give it 3 stars from a couple perspective.

Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

The first day we stayed at Hamilton we decided to try sails for lunch - the restaurant is very laid back and suited more for kids and families, appears they do the buffet breakfast here as well. You do need to order up at the counter for your food as well as a second counter behind for your drinks - it appears they use this particular restaurant to train new staff as the second time we came we ate dinner and the counter staff and bar staff were being trained. No big deal to us but heads up to anyone prone to being impatient easily.
As I suffer from a range of intolerances eating out is difficult for me. Both times we ate in all staff were helpful and willing to accommodate to my allergies. For lunch I had the steak sandwich minus all the things I can't eat - steak was a bit chewy but still good. My partner had the same but the lot as he can eat what I can't - his bread was tough and ended up soaked near the end from all the juices. The salads lacked a few things but still alright.
For dinner we opted for the steaks again - very pricey! We both asked for medium rare - mine came out rare which was disappointing. Chips and sauce were ok but nothing to rave about. I wasn't a great fan. The service is great, atmosphere is great, views are amazing. However food is average and I don't think we will go back.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

over cooked mussels that were like eating rubber. Moreton bay bugs cooked for what felt like 2 hours and destroyed. corked wine - which the waitress didn't believe us and had to ask the manager to come over. Considering there were 8 of us for food and we were really spending the food and service were pretty poor. Good cocktails though. Maybe eat elsewhere and come here for sundowners.

Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

I understand that it's hard to keep a buffet breakfast warm but it's so expensive and to have a cold breakfast isn't right. Next time I'm at Hamilton will try the breakfast at the reef hotel.