“Great fun and experience”
Review of Hamilton Island Target Sports - CLOSED

Reviewed 27 February 2014

This has been upgraded into a professional shooting range since I last saw it. But this was my first time having a go and I have to say - I loved it!

There are a few different packages to pick from (see my photo's) and I would definitely recommend that you go there as soon as they open as that way you will get in first and wont have to wait the 1hr / 1.5hrs while someone else has a go first.

The instructor we had (Reimo) was professional and definitely knew his stuff. I have never shot hand guns before (where as my husband and his friend had) and he really made it comfortable for me to understand the basics of loading the bullets and getting the gun ready to fire. For those with some experience, he still went through the safety measures aswell - which is reassuring as I guess no two guns are the same?

It is extremely secure and never once did I feel unsafe (even for a female!). I was also never rushed which was nice as I was focusing on hitting those targets.

We did the Pro Package which gave us 40 rounds on 4 different guns.

It is located past the airport so I would allow about 10 minutes to drive there in your golf buggy from pretty much anywhere on the island.

There are newer reviews for Hamilton Island Target Sports

Reviewed 27 January 2014

my husband and children have enjoyed this for the last few years it has evolved from a hot shed into a great facility. Expect to pay top dollar, however for the range and using something that is not readily available in australia, it is worth it.

2  Thank Bernadette G
Reviewed 19 January 2014

We had read a little about the target shooting on the island and thought we'd give it a go. It is situated in Palm Valley just before the airport and there are a range of weapons to choose from as well as prices for the various shooting packages. The guys running the show know their stuff and it is quite safe for both young and old. It is not cheap but nothing on the island is. I recommend a visit as you'll be surprised at how much skill is involved and the satisfaction you'll feel afterward.

Reviewed 8 January 2014

This was my partners third time shooting and he loved it. There are several packages you can choose from that vary in price and the amount of guns/bullets you shoot. He did the ultimate package ($180) and really enjoyed it. You get a new target for each gun and of course you get to take all your targets home with you. The instructors were really helpful and spent lots of time with him and his brother. If your going and not participating definitely take a magazine or something to occupy yourself for an hour or two. The smaller packages obviously don't take as long. Would definitely recommend if your a keen shooter or an absolute beginner. There were families there with children having a go.

Reviewed 28 December 2013

If you are not to sure about this have a go at the noon special where you get 30 shots to see how you go