My wife and I (we are both in our early 60's) have travelled to a number of countries and to Australia from New Zealand 10 times for holidays. Reading the reviews of the Beach Club prior to our departure I wondered if we had made a good choice because there were a number of negative reviews.
We arrived on Hamilton Island for a seven night stay at the Beach Club with no great expectations - how wrong we were. There were Beach Club staff at the entrance to the airport to greet us and we were extremely well looked after until we departed from the airport to travel home. In summary:
1. We never saw our bags until the arrived in our room and when we left the bags were collected from our room and taken directly to the airport.
2. We were greeted by one of the Beach Club staff (they are mostly in their 20's) and driven by beach buggy to their lounge. We were given a cocktail and pamplets about Hamilton Island as well as a brief introduction before being shown to our room.
3. Our room was on the ground floor (which I think is preferable) and although the furniture wasn't new it was comfortable. There was a masssive king sized bed which we decided was the most comfortable bed that we have ever slept in.
4. The television has information about Hamilton Island, where to go and what to do and it was a bonus taking our own CD's to play on their equipment.
5. The bathroom was larger than expected with an excellent shower and a bath which was used twice during our stay.
6. We found it very quiet staying there - except for those Australian birds that make a noise first thing every morning!
7. One of the attractions to us at the Beach Club was the fact that there were no children allowed. We are not against childern (we have both been school teachers during our working life) but it was wonderful to be able to use the swimming pool which was warm by our standards without someone doing a 'honey-pot' beside us!
8. Without exception we found the staff to be excellent - well trained, polite and obviously enjoying their job. The Manager was very friendly and welcoming and invited all the guests to complimentary drinks and nibbles from 5 - 6p.m. on the Tuesday night which is a tradition there.
9. We used the free pick up and drop off service on a regular basis. After a night at a restaurant the waiter would phone the Club and the golf golf buggy would arrive within minutes.
10. Breakfasts were included in the cost and the trap is there is so much food that I am sure that we put on weight having these for seven mornings. As well choices including bacon, sausages, mushrooms, tomatoes, baked beans and eggs I ate plenty of cereals, fruit, toast etc. etc. We have never seen so much food for breakfast anywhere!
11. We went to most of the restaurants during our stay and found the food and service at Bommies the best. The food and service on the Denison Star was also excellent and well worth going on. We also enjoyed lunch at the Pebble Beach restaurant at qualia, a lunch at the golf club which included a conducted tour and a trip to Whitehaven Beach.
12. Although the restaurants had mainly Wild Oats and Tic Tock wines (produced by the island's owner's Robert Oatley vineyards mainly from Mudgee ) there were other choices available.
13. I read that meals at qualia were for guests and by invitation only. I sent an e-mail to the Food & Beverage Manager and he arranged a booking for us. It was great to see what the top of the line accommodation and services at the island looked like. It was a most enjoyable lunch with excellent service and a wonderful view.
14. Although the price of the accommodation at the Beach Club is higher than we usually pay we found that the location right next to the beach, the service and facilities were just ideal for us. They were special times watching the sun set on the deck of the yacht club and at the hill top as well as the soft sand at Whitehaven Beach and the sparkling water to swim in.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With its absolute beachfront location, the Beach Club offers the ultimate romantic island holiday experience. Set in landscaped gardens, all 57 rooms face directly onto Catseye Beach, each with its own private courtyard or balcony. Exclusive room inclusions / a la carte breakfast daily at the Beach Club restaurant / VIP return Hamilton Island airport / marina to Beach Club transfers / VIP chauffeur service / use of catamarans, paddle skis, windsurfers and snorkeling equipment / use of the gym, spa and sauna / tennis and squash court hire / use of the beach, The Club lounge, pool and restaurant. Note: Beach Club does not cater for persons under the age of 18 years. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelbag, Odigeo, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beach Club Hotel Hamilton Island
- Beach Resort Hamilton Island
- Beach Hotel Hamilton Island
- Beach Hamilton Island