“Honeymoon Perfection”

Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Hamilton Island
Sydney, Australia
“Honeymoon Perfection”
Reviewed 3 October 2011

Our belated Honeymoon was well worth the wait! The weather was the only downer, but we still managed to have a great time.Yes it is pricey, but worth it for the attention and solitude. It was our honeymoon - hang the price!
Even though we went during the busy Audi Race Week we didn't feel left out or ignored. The staff were all very friendly and attentive. Checking in and out was painless and the VIP service from/to the airport and around the island was a very nice treat. The room was comfortable, clean and spacious, although next time I would request to be on the ground floor so we could walk straight onto the beach. Beside the pool we has some lovely cocktails before dinner and the breakfast menu had enough variety that you could stay a week and have something different everyday. Room service was fast and tasty.
Overall a great experience for our first time to Hamilton. We'll be back.
DO NOT forget to close your doors properly, the birds do like to sneak in and eat the sugar!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jessica P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (337)
  • Korean first
New York City, New York
Reviewed 29 September 2011

I stayed here for a week as part of my honeymoon and would highly recommend it to anyone. It's right off the beach, the service is incredible and friendly, and the rooms were clean--nothing over the top fancy, a little more simple rustic. The included breakfast was to die for! The hotel is definitely pricey, but it is worth the cost if you're willing to splurge. We slept with the large patio doors slightly open so we could hear the waves the rolling in at night...so peaceful.

You can walk to most places on the island since it's so small, but a nice little perk is that the staff will drive you anywhere you want in the golf carts at any time.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Savannah J
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 27 September 2011

Let me start this review by saying that we often have an annual break on Hayman Island & have stayed there quite a number of times. We couldn't get into Hayman this time due to it being at capacity - and quite frankly, last year the service was very mixed & it just didn't feel worth the money anymore.
I must say that the whole experience with Hamilton Island & the Beach Club genuinely surpassed my expectations. Starting with the booking - I called Hamilton Island Reservations in Sydney and spoke with a lrealy nice lady called Belinda. She was the model of helpfulness, knew the island intimately & could confidently answer all of my questions. She asked about our flight numbers & I told her that I hadn't booked them but was about to. She offered to do it for me and her pricing was identical to the Virgin Aust website I had open. Furthermore, she upgraded us to Premium Economy both ways at no extra charge! It made the trip a lot more pleasant with this start and finish.
The hotel itself isn't latest and greatest - but it is very comfortable. The rooms are a decent size & our rooms opened out directly onto the lawn - and straight onto the beach. Although I must say that they need to replace the bed I slept in - it was not good at all being really soft and well worn with two huge divets either side of the mattress. And the wi-fi was pretty hopeless too.
The hotel itself has quite a boutique feel - the only issue here is that you turn around when on the beach and see all of the big towers behind the Beach Club! It is a massive island! But you do get to use all of the facilities - including a pretty decent gym.
The staff here were all very good - super friendly, helpful & nothing was a problem. This is in stark contract to Hayman last year where it felt like they had rounded up some backpackers! Here the staff were also young - but they all tried hard and the senior ones were actively training the more junior ones. They all cared about what they did and it showed.
Dining on the island is pretty good. We ate in quite a lot of the restaurants across the island including Qualia, Bommies (at the Yacht Club) & predominantly at the Beach Club restaurant. We also had dinner one night at Romano's (Italian) on the pier - slightly cheaper than the others but the food was still excellent and once again, really good service.
I did head to Hamilton Island thinking it was some tired 80's relic - and I am very happy to say that it was far from it. The Beach Club is not an overt luxury experience - and doesn't have any false pretentiousness about it as a result. But it is a really comfortable and relaxing place to stay where you will be very well looked after. Defintiely worth trying - and the weather in late September was perfect.

Room Tip: I had an older family member with me - so rooms close to the pool & restaurant made it easy for...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank WalterBW
Hamilton_Island_Aus, General Manager at Beach Club, responded to this review, 28 September 2011
Dear WalterBW,
Thank you very much for offering your feedback, we do pride ourselves on offering a great service if possible even before you arrive on island! We aim to ensure your break with us is as relaxing and care free as possible.
We are very happy to hear you enjoyed use of the numerous facilities on island and where able to dine at several of the fine restaurants on island including our own restaurant at Beach Club.
Our complimentary Wi-Fi is currently being looked at for an upgrade as we have experienced some technical difficulties. I do apologise for any inconvenience caused by this throughout your stay.
I will be investigating the condition of the mattress in your room as we appreciate how important a great night’s sleep is on holiday.
We hope to welcome you back for your next annual trip and thanks again for your feedback.
Kind regards,
Marcus Taylor
General Manager – Beach Club, Hamilton Island
Castlemaine, Australia
Reviewed 22 September 2011

Before leaving for our trip we had read the reviews and had some concerns about the bad reviews that are on this site. However that said our stay was wonderful, although NOT cheap the staff and service provided make up for the cost. So the furniture is not brand new big deal , It is clean and not broken or dirty or anything as some reviewers have said, people that complain about furniture not being new need to get over themselves no place ever has new furniture after its opening day ..The rooms are clean and well maintained the bar , restaurant and pool areas are all kept spotless. The greeting by staff at the airport and free drop off and pick up to any location on the island is a bonus and saves you the need of hiring your own transport.... I have no hesitation in saying that we will return to the Beach Club when we have another big holiday in the area .. THANK YOU to all the staff for making our honeymoon a wonderful and very memorable stay.

Room Tip: when booking ask for a room away from the restaurant and if you want the best views on the second fl...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank aus1970
Dear aus-ra1971,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are delighted that you chose to stay with us on your honeymoon and so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to welcome you back to our beautiful island again soon.
Kind regards,
Marcus Taylor
General Manager – Beach Club, Hamilton Island
Brisbane
Reviewed 19 September 2011

My husband and I recently stayed at the Hamilton Island Beach Club; we had a conference and wanted to spend some quality time together before returning home. We had been to Hamilton a few times over the years, sleeping on our charted catamaran, and in the large hotel tower, but this time we thought we would treat ourselves. From the moment we were collected at the airport and transported in fine golf buggy style to our new home, to our departure, I don’t think we stopped smiling.

Our room was right at the end of the building, on the beach level, and we delighted in stepping through a secret garden to our private piece of paradise. Sleeping with the sound of the ocean, closing our white sliding shutter doors to an early sun, we slept, ate, daydreamed and swam in the infinity pool for a glorious 4 days.

My husband kept reminding me there were no under 18 year olds staying there, to be honest I didn't find this a problem, until I remembered the pool. I once spent an entire day of my life listening to kids play Marco Polo once, never again. Bliss!

The very best thing was the freedom to call up our 24/7 private taxi service. Brilliant! Like having your own teenagers (although they were of course young, professional adults) on call. We partied and they picked us up, anywhere, at any time - nothing was a trouble or a bother to them.

The breakfast staff were brilliant, a cheery good morning from each, a smile, a beautifully cooked breakfast. Thanks chef!

The large bathroom was so clean I spent hours trying to decide if it was new. Generous large shower, separate huge bath, double bathroom sinks, plenty of white towels for the shower, blue towels for the pool. The usual shampoo & conditioners but also body lotion which I found to be very useful for early sunburn. I even found bath crystals for the bath. I haven’t seen bath crystals since Adam was a lad, and loved them. Also, a 7+ magnification mirror. Women of my vintage love that, well, I do anyway.

The pool is to die for. An infinity pool, there are plenty of very comfortable padded lounges to sit around, and the waiter brings around glasses of iced lemon water. So refreshing!

The other thing I really appreciated was unlimited wi-fi, so I was able to catch up on emails and the usual. I am so grateful. A huge, long sofa my husband could actually fully recline on with room to spare. Lots of telly stations and radio, music etc to choose from, take your own DVDs or CDs if you wish, (and the telly swivels around to view from the bed!) or simply laze in your own private patio listening to the tide come in. Coffee plunger and the coolest kettle ever.

Seriously, I could rave for a long time about this place, wonderful food, comfortable public lounges to read the newspapers, all the little touches add up to a very happy, comfortable, and spoilt holiday for us both.

Thanks you so much, of course we’ll be back

Room Tip: The upper level roms probably have a great view but we wanted the lower rooms so we could walk strai...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Patty B
Sydney
Reviewed 30 August 2011

Recently spent a week at Beach Club on Hamilton Island - never having been to Hamilton Island before we were keen to experience the Island and the Whitsundays. A quite nice hotel although the rooms are showing their age and noisy hearing guests move around in the adjacent rooms. Staff at the Beach Club indeed at most of the Island's facilities are fantastic - friendly, helpful, well trained and a delight to have around. Two things to be aware of however - don't book the package which includes some prepaid meals, and be prepared for poor weather. Our package included 4 evening meals at various Island restaurants - two worked out OK, one would not accept the voucher and we had to have it adjusted off our room bill at check-out, and the other cafe was rather rude and treated us like 2nd class citizens when we presented our covering letter. Best to pay as you go! We also found out some of the restaurants limit the meals available which we were not told when we booked - our meals were OK but not a pleasant experience. Regarding poor weather - there is little to do on the island if you are not a boatie - no DVD in the hotel room, the hotel's movie channel had old movies and really nothing worth watching, We went to Airlie Beach one day to fill in time - a costly trip on the ferry - and were disappointed to visit Airlie - great for back-packers and 2 dollar shop fans. At least we have been there.
Overall a pleasant relax but an expensive holiday - we were going to Fiji but thought given the floods and problems this year in Queensland we'd spend our money there. Should have gone to Fiji!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank PhilthetravellerXI
Reviewed 5 August 2011

Yes. This place isn't cheap, but when you get 5* service & 5* views it's worth every single cent. It was ideal for our romantic getaway as there is a no children under 18 rule.
We wanted quiet & peaceful, and that's what we got. Hope to go back for our honeymoon

• Stayed November 2010
#1 of 1 in Shute Harbour
Qualia Resort
Qualia Resort
#2 of 5 in Hamilton Island

Been to Beach Club? Share your experiences!