“Honeymoon heaven”
Review of Beach Club

Beach Club
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Hamilton Island
Reviewed 20 April 2012

The most amazing place I have ever been. We decided to get married here as part of our 1st trip to Australia and cannot fault anything about the hotel or the Island itself. The room was lovely fairly simple in decor which made it light and just what you want from a beach front resort. We were collected at the airport by a chauffer and taken to to the resort, we didn't have to get our bags they were collected seperately and brought to our room. On arrival at the hotel we were greated with a tropical drink and canape which were a lovely touch after our flight. We were booked in and as we had an appointment with our wedding coordinator the driver took us up to their office. On return our bags were in our room ready for us. The room was spacious and the bed was huge, the bathroom was really nice with a bath and a seperate walk in shower and twin basins. Lots of lovely fluffy towels and complementry bathrobs which is a nice touch. The view was amazing from the room we were on the ground floor with the french windows opening out onto the gardens with a wonderful view of the beach. Breakfast was served round the pool and we sat outside nearly every day, I still miss the relaxation and the wonderful view as we used to sit and eat wish I was there now. The food itself was fab there was buffet breakfast of cereal loads of selection, fresh fruit, yoghurt, pastrys, toast fruit and plain with jams and spread. Then you could also order off the menu of cooked breakfast with a special added every day. Tea and coffe and juice aswell. The staff were the most helpfull freindly people I have ever meet at a hotel and nothing was too much trouble, you could be driven any where you wanted just ask and you could also get picked up from anywhere aswell. Felt incredebly spoiled for the 6 nights we stayed and had the best wedding ever. Cant wait to return for another trip.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Melamina

Reviewed 20 April 2012

Beach Club. Service is exceptional !! As others have mentioned we taken back to the hotel to check in from the airport while a staff member collected our bags and delivered them to our room. Check in was done in the lounge with a mock-tail and a snack. While we don't expect special treatment this was a very nice touch. They were pretty nice for a beach style resort. Breakfast was great. Tuesday night was meet the manager night. Drinks and superb food for an hour. The staff at Beach Club that we came in contact with were fantastic very friendly and helpful.From beginning till the end, we were treated like royalty and made to feel welcome by the wonderful staff. We were always greeted with a smile and made to feel like they are always there to help - no request was ever too much trouble. I was so impressed with the staff here - I've never encountered such helpful, cheerful and friendly staff at a hotel or resort before. They really should be proud of each and every staff member, from reception to the bar to the restaurant and service staff. The staff are able to organise all of the bookings for restaurants, activities, spa etc. Thank you to everyone at Beach Club and everyone else we encountered on Hamilton Island. We had one of our best holiday's ever and can't wait to come back soon. Congratulations on such a wonderful staff and such a high level of service. Highly Recommended!

Reviewed 17 April 2012

My husband and I stayed for 4 nights / 5 days at Beach Club at the end of March, this was our first trip to Hamilton Island, we were celebrating an anniversary.
As others have mentioned we were met at the airport and taken back to the hotel to check in while a staff member collected our bags and delivered them to our room. Check in was done in the restaurant with a mock-tail and a snack. While we don't expect special treatment this was a very nice touch.
The main areas of the hotel are great, the lounge / bar and restaurant areas are well presented modern and well run. The slight disappointment came when we were shown our room. We had an upstairs room and as others have mentioned it was tired and in need of refurbishment. The lounge cover was marked and stained and the furniture well in need of replacement. Having said this, once we settled in we enjoyed our stay, I just think that the amount that is being charged to stay here is not reflected in the rooms. I am sure they are in the planning process for refurbishment but at present are below par.
Breakfast was included in our stay which was fantastic, the hot food is cooked fresh with specials every morning, we also dined at the restaurant poolside for dinner one night which was also wonderful, kudos to the kitchen staff / chefs, I would definitely recommend eating here, also to Bridget who looked after us on a couple of occasions in the restaurant.
The staff at Beach Club that we came in contact with were fantastic, most are young, quite a few were from overseas on working holidays but all were very well trained and generally seemed happy to be working there which shows that management is doing something right.
Beach Club is in the best location on Catseye Beach but having said that we were a little disappointed in the beach itself, not the best I have seen. When the tide is out it exposes what seems to be concrete rubble, hopefully not dumped there when they built the imposing Reef View Towers that are located directly behind Beach Club across the road. The area of beach in front of Beach Club is supposed to be for adult guests only but nobody seems to abide by this so we did have an afternoon shattered with a screaming child.
The pool at Beach Club is located directly in front of the restaurant, this seems to be common on the island as other restaurants overlook pools as well. I think you have to be very comfortable in your body to swim and lounge in the sun while your fellow guests are eating a meal with you as the view.
We did enjoy our short break, I just wanted to give an honest review. The staff at Beach Club were what made it an enjoyable stay.
Would we return, probably not but this has more to do with Hamilton Island itself, the reef View towers reminded me of the Gold Coast which I am not a fan and I had the overall impression that I had landed on the old TV series " Fantasy Island ".
We have friends that love the Gold Coast and loved Hamilton Island when they stayed many years ago so it really is just a matter of personal opinion at the end of the day.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LadyofHaig
Hamilton_Island_Aus, General Manager at Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2012

Dear LadyofHaig,

Thank you for your thoughts on Beach Club. I’m particularly happy to hear that you thought staff were fantastic – they work hard and I’m very proud of the service that they provide to Beach Club guests.
As you mentioned, Beach Club is an adults only property and is the ideal place to stay to if you want to be sheltered from the noise of kids. Staff are vigilant about keeping Beach Club areas kids-free but sometimes one or two get past us. I do take this seriously and I will be reinforcing the need to keep our areas kids-free in the staff meeting this week.
Thanks again for your review and constructive feedback.

Reviewed 16 April 2012

We have just returned from 5 glorious nights at Beach Club on Hamilton Island.

From beginning to end, we were treated like royalty and made to feel welcome by the wonderful staff. We were always greeted with a smile and made to feel like they are always there to help - no request was ever too much trouble. I was so impressed with the staff here - I've never encountered such helpful, cheerful and friendly staff at a hotel or resort before. They really should be proud of each and every staff member, from reception to the bar to the restaurant and service staff. Incredible. I see that some people have commented on inconsistent service during their stay but I honestly have to say that every staff member was spot on in regards to customer service and presentation during our stay.

The rooms are lovely and in a great location. The pool and lawn areas are beautifully kept. Sun lounges on the beach exclusively for Beach Club use - very handy.

The food was amazing. We ate at Romano's, Mariners, Beach Club Restaurant and Bommie. They were all lovely but Beach Club Restaurant was the most delicious. We had the lamb and the seafood panache along with the study of chocolate and cheesecake - yum. Expensive? Yes but it's what you'd pay in a nice restaurant in any capital city. Go to the tavern or cafe for less expensive options. Daily breakfast in Beach Club Restaurant was great, nice coffee and hot breakfast menu with a good selection on the breakfast bar.

The spa was also a memorable experience. Great staff and good location within a very short walk from Beach Club. We also played golf at the Hamilton Island Beach Club - once again, terrific staff and facilities. The staff are able to organise all of the bookings for restaurants, activities, spa etc.

If you're looking for a budget holiday, this probably isn't the place for you. But, if you are looking for a private, kid-free place to really relax and be spoilt then you should definitely consider Beach Club. In terms of cost, if you are willing to look at paying this much for a hotel then I think it is a good option. Keep in mind that you are on an island, therefore prices for food and drink is always going to be higher than in mainland holiday areas. I think I prefer Beach Club to Hayman Island (I love Hayman too!!).

Thank you to everyone at Beach Club and everyone else we encountered on Hamilton Island. We had one of our best holiday's ever and can't wait to come back next April. Congratulations on such a wonderful staff and such a high level of service.

Highly Recommended!

Room Tip: We stayed in a ground floor room (101) at the end of the hotel wing. I liked ground floor, immediate...

Hi Sarah D,

I just wanted to post a quick “Thank You” note for your outstanding review! I’m glad that you enjoyed your stay so much that you’ll be coming back next April. My staff and I are looking forward to welcoming you back and making sure that your holiday is as special as the one you’ve just come back from.

Reviewed 15 April 2012

If you want a beach front and an infinity pool right besides each other, you get that at The Beach Club. Service is exceptional, right from your personal greeting at the airport. They got your lugage, you just need to get inside the van and let them show you around. Nice touch with a welcome cocktail and snack while you look outside the glass doors to the pool and water. I'm being told that in 2013 the rooms will be all upgraded, but they were pretty nice for a beach style resort. Breakfast was included and the chef does a great job on serving a nice, hot meal if you wish.
While sunbathing, they always make sure you have fresh water or you can order a drink. Pricing is about what you would expect at a resort property and again, the service is well appointed.
Tuesday night was meet the manager night. Drinks and superb food for an hour. Got to meet the GM, Marcus Taylor. Pleasant guy and apparfently a hard working GM, not just a guy behind a desk.
Each night they set up limited tables on the beach for a romantic 5 cource dinner. Nice touch with a view of the moonlit water. Best part, no kids. FYI, Reef Hotel across the street, plenty of kids.
Would go back again.

Room Tip: Best view is the second floor overlooking the pool and beach, but every room has a beach view.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank MikeDelaware

Dear MikeDelaware,

Your review of Beach Club was great to read. I’m very happy to hear that you had a great experience at Beach Club and you’d come back again. The degustation dinner on the beach is always a big hit with guests and one of the most romantic settings for dinner that I’ve ever personally seen. You’re probably not surprised to hear that this has been the setting for more than a few marriage proposals!
I look forward to seeing you stay with us again next time.

Reviewed 14 April 2012

The arrival was great - personal attention from the airport, so you don't even have to collect your own checked baggage. On arrival at the Beach Club you enter the "reception" and take a seat on the lounge to be welcomed with a refreshing "mocktail" and explanation of Beach Club.

On beiing taken to our room, lovely view across Catseye Beach, room is probably a little average based on the cost. But certainly relaxing and lovely to hear the waves in the morning.

My reasons for only ranking this a three are;
- Catseye Beach is certainly not one of the better beaches Australia has to offer, the tide goes way, way out by mid afternoon so be ready for a hike. Also in order to get into the water you'll have to brave the hard rocks - I'd recommend shoes, the rocks were enough to put me off going in.
- If you are staying at Beach Club thinking great "adults only" don't be fooled!!! Everyone else from the neighbouring cheaper hotels will do their best to crash your party - by kids jumping into the adults only pool, to taking one of the 9 pairs of beach lounges available to Beach Club guests.
- Beach Club restaurant - certainly great for brekkie (included in the cost) however dinner was overpriced. We could hardly hide our dismay at the entree of ravioli, value $28, to find only one piece of ravioli on the plate, with very little hint of the beek cheek that was supposed to be enclosed.
- Gold Buggy, make sure you book prior if going during a busy period - we were unable to get one.
- Room servicing - don't expect all toiletries / coffee etc to be replaced everyday. We stayed 4 nights only to have the plunger coffee replaced only twice, and the nice bath crystals were never replaced, along with some other toiletries.

Admittedly these things might not put some people off, but for us having stayed at a hawaian hotel in Maui last year for half the price but twice the wow, it wasn't all I was hoping for!

On the positive side staff were all very friendly!

Note also, it's a great idea to make restaurant reservations many were booked out for the friday and Saturday nights - thankfully we'd booked prior to arrival.

If attending the Manta Ray Cafe - be ready for a lengthy wait for your food!!

Room Tip: I'd think a ground floor room better in some respects - opens directly onto a gress area that le...
3  Thank Karen C
Hamilton_Island_Aus, General Manager at Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2012

Dear Karen C,

Thank you for your feedback.

Easter and other school holidays are usually pretty busy on the island. We book all our guests tours and dinner reservations on arrival which is usually enough time to ensure our guests don’t miss out on any experiences. This is a service offered year round.
Beach Club is well signed but unfortunately the occasional guests will still wander through. Due to the pool and beach being constantly serviced throughout the day, ‘intruders’ will be quickly and politely removed. This is usually not a major problem but might have been more pronounced over the Easter break.
Catseye Beach changes dramatically from high to low tide. High tide we have the normal sized beautiful beach, low tide exposes our fringing reef which as you pointed out is rocky and reef shoes are recommended in areas. Low tide is a great time to explore the rock pools and see what small creatures have been left behind, or for a quite romantic sunset walk.
Glad to hear you enjoyed our breakfast, these are definitely something we work hard on and always looking at ways to improve.
To refresh my memory I just finished the Beef Cheek Ravioli, tough job but someone has to do it! I can understand your comments as most people would expect the traditional ravioli but we do an open version which is single piece much larger than the traditional version. I am sorry yours didn’t meet your expectations.
Your room servicing was not up to our usual standards, I am sorry you experienced this. I will monitor this closely to ensure this isn’t repeated.

Thanks again for your feedback and I hope to see you back on island in the future.

Regards,

Beach Club

Reviewed 11 April 2012

The choices on Hamilton Island are limited for honeymooners -- it's either the VERY expensive Qualia or the kid-friendly tower across the street, so Beach Club sounded like the perfect choice. Starting with the pros, the breakfast was excellent and the island transportation (aka the buggies) was convenient. Unfortunately, the cons were the lack of food options (just one expensive restaurant), the mediocre service (they're nice at first but then I think they try to avoid you later on), and the rooms. The first room we stayed in had bugs all over the bathroom. We asked to be transferred and they put us in a room with a leaky bathroom. It had been raining so it wasn't a huge deal, but it just wasn't what I expected for the price. I would not stay here again, it was just a bad value.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
#1 of 1 in Shute Harbour
at Marina Shores
at Marina Shores
#6 of 10 in Airlie Beach

Been to Beach Club? Share your experiences!