Have to admit that my expectations were high. Before booking at the BC, I looked at 10-15 places because I wanted this 4 nights 5 days holiday to be perfect since we were celebrating our 10th wedding anniversary. Have to admit that what made me hesitate were the pictures of the rooms. For a starting price of 570$/night, I found that the rooms looked dull. I decided to book our holiday there anyway because of the quality of service the resort seemed to offer.
Better than I had anticipated. Nowhere near "run down" (from a review I read on TA) even if there are scoff marks on some of the furniture. Honestly though, the view makes it perfect. In all my travels, I don't think I ever got a better view :)
There was no double locks or peep hole, but there was a second door (in case you wanted to let air come in). However, wasn't too keen on the fact that the room key was an actual key with the room number and hotel name written on it. I understand that they did that so that people can charge anything on the island to their room (which is a neat idea), but let's say that I became almost paranoid about not losing the key
The water pressure was "so so" depending on the time of day you went in the shower (around 5:30 was not a good time).
There were also great features in the room like a fridge, excellent wi fi and safe.
The location was also great. Beach front location and a 10 min walk to the marina where most restaurants are
What I HATED with a passion though was the fact that our room was connecting to the neighbor's. I HATE connecting room because you can hear almost everything happening next door. I actually was awaken by the neighbor blowdrying her hair at 6:15 am...fun! Honestly, I cannot understand how a high end "adult only resort" can even offer connecting rooms....
The service is indeed good and sometimes great. Whatever you ask, you're likely to get and with a smile!
Have to say though that I expected a bit more from "Water's edge experience" (6 course meal with possible wine pairing on the beach). Don't get me wrong, the food and wine pairing were great, BUT as soon as Juan left for the evening (around 8) the level of service went down. Getting our water glasses refilled almost became a challenge! And at 200$/person, I would have liked to have someone come by after the latter courses to make sure everything was fine. I don't eat rare meat, but that's how the lamb was cooked. Nobody came to check if everything was ok; I didn't eat it and gave it to hubby....Other thing I was disappointed with was the fact that what was supposed to be a romantic experience didn't turn out to be that. The dinner should have been on the beach (with the possibility of 3 other couples) but because it was too windy, they gave us the option to do it in the restaurant. We took them up on it. The evening started out well; most of the other tables were away from us. By the end of the evening, we were surrounded by people, including a table of 4....when the other half of the restaurant was empty :(. Let's say that the last 30-45 min of the experience were not really enjoyable!
This is indeed an adult only resort. You won't see any kids in or around the resort. However, the beach is public. The resort restrict the access of the first 50 feet of the beach or so, but the other 50 feet were public. Hence, if you're the kind of people who really don't want to hear/see kids, you might be better off going at Qualia. Personally, it didn't bother me
Would I come back? Yes, in a heartbeat, but I'd manage my expectations and would ask for a first floor - non connecting room
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With its absolute beachfront location, the Beach Club offers the ultimate romantic island holiday experience. Set in landscaped gardens, all 57 rooms face directly onto Catseye Beach, each with its own private courtyard or balcony. Exclusive room inclusions / a la carte breakfast daily at the Beach Club restaurant / VIP return Hamilton Island airport / marina to Beach Club transfers / VIP chauffeur service / use of catamarans, paddle skis, windsurfers and snorkeling equipment / use of the gym, spa and sauna / tennis and squash court hire / use of the beach, The Club lounge, pool and restaurant. Note: Beach Club does not cater for persons under the age of 18 years. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beach Club Hotel Hamilton Island
- Beach Resort Hamilton Island
- Beach Hotel Hamilton Island
- Beach Hamilton Island