Hamilton Island is definately worth a visit.....it exists within its own little bubble and therefore transports you away from the world for a short time.
We stayed at the Reef View Hotel and from the moment we arrived the level of customer service was superb, the conceige desk were very helpful in booking restaurants. A shuttle bus is operated to collect you from the ferry and bring you to the hotel.
The views from the rooms were spectacular, perfect panaromic views of the reef, couldnt ask for more, we were located on the 12th floor.
The rooms themselves were very spacious, large bed, fresh beach towels were offered on a daily basis. However the room was a little bit dusty at times (shelving behind the bed), and the bathrooms could do with a bit up-dating.
Breakfast in the hotel - everything was catered for, very good selection, that can be enjoyed outside on the pool terrace. Also if you fancy trying somewhere else for breakfast you have the choice of Sails or breakfast with the Kolas, incuded in the B&B rate.
As more or less everything on the Island is operated by Hamilton Island Enterprises it means that you can room charge wherever you go which is very handy as it means you don't have to carry large amounts of cash with you.
We hired a buggy for the day which was very useful, bit pricey, but to be expected. There is free shuttle buses that operate around the island to get you from A-B, these are very frequent, and pick you up from the entrance of the hotel.
Must do......watch the sunset from the look-out, the island has a portable bar which they set-up which is a great idea, and added that little bit extra to an already perfect setting.
All of our dining experiences were exceptional - again the level of customer service was the best I have experienced in a long time. I would recommend all the restaurants that we sampled....Romanos, Manta Ray Cafe, Chi-Chi & Bommie.
Lots of free activites available on the beach, but we were just too relaxed lapping up the atmosphere to avail of any!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Reef View Hotel features 359 extremely spacious, well-appointed rooms all with private balconies overlooking either landscaped gardens or the breathtaking vista of the Coral Sea. The upper-most floors boast 18 luxuriously appointed suites. All rooms face the sea complete with outdoor furniture to experience the spectacular sunrises and sunsets. Additional Reef View Hotel facilities include the Pool Terrace restaurant, Reef Lounge bar and Tour Desk. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Reef View Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Reef View
- Reef View Hamilton Island
- Reef View Hotel Hamilton Island