Reef View Hotel
Palm Bungalows(Hamilton Island)(Great Value!)
US$362
US$319
Palm Bungalows
Beach Club(Hamilton Island)
US$595
US$558
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Colonial Palms Motor Inn(Airlie Beach)(Great Value!)
US$117
US$111
Travelocity
US$523
US$324
Agoda.com
Qualia Resort(Hamilton Island)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Beachfront
Daydream Island Resort(Daydream Island)
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Coral Point Lodge(Shute Harbour)
TripAdvisor
Airlie Beach Hotel(Airlie Beach)
2,570 results
All reviewsbuffet breakfasttwo double bedscatseye beachpool terracetour deskrooms are largeseparate toilethigh floorkids eat freeswim up barsails restaurantgolf buggyfish and chipsfloor roomone tree hillhigh risebeautiful island
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 November 2013 via mobile

We recently stayed here for a week with family celebrating a family members Birthday. I cannot speak highly enough of this Hotel. This was our 2nd stay here and once again we were very impressed.

We had a coral sea view room on the 16th floor (after calling ahead of time to request a higher level room to maximise views, which was granted for us and my families rooms x2 without any hassles!). "Wow"! is all I can say about the view, it is simply magnificent.

After I contacted the General Manager, Matt and explained when we were coming etc. He and his staff went out of their way to make our stay enjoyable. They very kindly put all of us (3 rooms total) all on level 16 next to one another and left a complimentary bottle of champagne in our room. Further the lady in charge of room allocations noticed that my Husband and I were travelling with our 14 month old and offered a microwave and highchair complimentary, which was most helpful. So thank you ever so much for going the extra mile for us. It was certainly very appreciated.

Regarding the hotel in general, it is fine. It's by no means the flashest hotel I have stayed in, however it is clean and well appointed and things ran very smoothly. Hamilton Island is a beautiful place to visit and we are working out when we will next come back!!! Highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Jenna R
Hamilton_Island_Aus, General Manager at Reef View Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2013

Dear Jenna R

Thank you for not only your review but for also staying & celebrating with us.

Such a pleasure having you & your family stay with us again.

The champagne was the least I could do to help you celebrate, As for the my team – I am extremely proud to read that they were able to go the extra mile for you & make such a difference to your holiday.

I will happily pass on your comments.

We certainly hope you can visit again soon – If there is anything I can do for you please don’t hesitate to contact me personally via mboileau@HamiltonIsland.com.au

Reviewed 19 November 2013

The moment I got to the Island all I could say was WOW! Hotel Staff was very helpful, friendly and very polite. I loved the lifts as it had A/C installed on them very refreshing.

The rooms are very clean and tidy and smells good,very clean and large bathrooms too. Comfortable beds and great terrace view! breathtaking! morning or night! and you always have friend visitors in your terrace. The cockatoos will always stop by so always have those cameras ready and always have your doors closed unless you want them flying in. matter of fact we forgot the close ours in our last day and let's say it got pretty messy.

Fast WiFi access and nearly available everywhere in the Island! and if buggy power points are full in the hotel try across the road and park there or in front of the hotel. :)

The reef bar needs a renovation and the bar staff was very slow. Though the buffet breakfast was very good! loved the crispy bacon.

Room Tip: Can't say much about the rooms they all offer amazing view! can't complain. Unless you're in the lower floors. Anything above level 5 is good.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Hamilton_Island_Aus, General Manager at Reef View Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2013

Hi Anthony S

Thank you for your review.

What a pleasure it was having you stay with us. I’m always happy to read your stay included the WOW factor you were looking for & that our staff was there to help you every step of the way.

Those external lifts have a stunning view – But being in the Tropical sun you can imagine how warm they would be inside. The A/C system in each one is the least we can do for you & I still love the feeling when stepping into one.

Glad to hear you enjoyed our rooms & yes those Cockatoos can be a delight – But always remember to close your doors when you are out enjoying the rest of our island.

I appreciate you bringing the Reef Bar issues to my attention & I will be sure to speak with my team.

Reviewed 19 November 2013

This place is a reminder of how beautiful Australia is and I can't wait to come back.
Waking up to the view everyday was wonderful. I loved everything about Hamilton Island. The resort was great and the staff were very helpful. Zero drama's during our stay and we were very happy with our room. It was nice to be able to use all the pools on the island and there were a variety of restaurants to choose from. Having said that we did spend an awful lot of $$$ on food. I don't think there is a cheap option here! We loved zooming around in our golf buggy too. One Tree Hill is also a must see at sunset and for 'happy hour' - speaking of 'happy hour', we enjoyed many of these by the pool.
Can't wait to come back!

Room Tip: Anything above the fourth floor has ocean views!
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 November 2013 via mobile

Great location and great view. We were on the 11th floor. But the rest of the hotel is tired and in need of a makeover big time. Eg lift that leaks when it rains. Room staff were the providers of best service. Reef bar staff were very poor. Front desk variable. Concierge energetic and efficient.

And what's with the lobby kiosk? Staff who couldn't manage eftpos machinery properly. And the need to telephone across the lobby to book a purchase to our room. Really? Technology answers that need immediately. I expect they are a concession separate to the hotel. Irrespective for all intents and purposes Matt, they represent you, but poorly.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank RogTrish
Hamilton_Island_Aus, General Manager at Reef View Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2013

Hi RogTrish

Thank you for your review.

Certainly glad you were able to enjoy our hotel & the view that it has become famous for.

I’m concerned to hear that you had some issues during your stay & I appreciate you bringing them to my attention.

I shall action these personally and I do apologise for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay.

Reviewed 16 November 2013

When we arrived at our room and saw the view I half expected to see the pirates of the Caribbean emerge from under the palm trees! Wrong part of the world I know, but wow! What a lovely, lovely place to finish our stay in Australia. Extremely spacious room, clean and so comfortable - and to wake up to that view every day - I really didn't want to leave!
The staff were helpful, polite, nothing was too much trouble. We can't wait to return, perhaps for a little longer.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Alianne2013

Thank you for your review.

I’m glad to read you didn’t run into any Pirates under our Palm Trees & to also hear that staying with us here at The Reef View Hotel on Hamilton Island was the perfect end to your stay in Australia & that our team where able to make such an impression.

Hope you can visit again soon.