Reef View Hotel
  • Breakfast included
Palm Bungalows(Hamilton Island)
Qualia Resort(Hamilton Island)
  • Beachfront
Daydream Island Resort(Daydream Island)
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
Coral Point Lodge(Shute Harbour)
View Hotel
Airlie Beach Hotel(Airlie Beach)
2,568 results
All reviewsbuffet breakfasttwo double bedscatseye beachpool terracetour deskrooms are largeseparate toilethigh floorkids eat freeswim up barsails restaurantgolf buggyfish and chipsfloor roomone tree hillhigh risebeautiful island
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 June 2014

We walked into our room at the Reef View hotel and was greeted with a beautiful airy room with an expansive view of a sunny blue sky, sapphire ocean and mountains. I really loved the room and our bathroom. And this was me walking in from our flight and stay @ the Four Seasons in Sydney! Granted it was not high season (June) so maybe that's why we got a HIGH floor but we enjoyed our stay there. Loved the greedy Sulphur crested Cockatoos who visited us in droves day 1 and then ignored us after that because they realised we were not going to feed them.

The hotel is old and needs a facelift in terms of interior decoration (I am thinking plantation style/ colonial style decor!) and needs to look a lot cosier but that didn't affect our room's cleanliness or anything.

The only bad bit was a jammed shower head and after letting housekeeping know about it they got it changed almost immediately. But oh how I loved the water pressure. Usually my pet peeve everywhere else.

We even got complimentary poolside drinks, offered just like that, by the manager of that restaurant ! (this was before our complaint or anything) how nice !!

Yummy bloody Mary at the bar.

I had two issues
1. who do we complain to if there is noise disturbance like late night ? At around 1 AM there was a drunken party going on and I was wondering who do we call at this time of the night ? But it wasn't near our room and I drifted back to sleep (and it died down after a while anyway)

2. My biggest gripe would be the fact that the peaches at breakfast buffet seemed like they were out of a can ? Sugar syrup-y. We are in Australia we must have fresh fruit (poached or whatever) not canned and not in syrup. Can anyone confirm that ?

Definitely going back .

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Hamilton_Island_Aus, General Manager at Reef View Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Dear Noor2503

Thank you so much for your detailed review.

I'm touched to learn that you had such a great holiday & were able to enjoy The Reef View Hotel.

As always I'm concerned with the issues you experienced but happy to read they were resolved so quickly by our team.

To answer your 2 questions:

1) If you ever have issues with a noise disturbance (In any hotel) simply dial the front desk. We have staff on 24hr’s a day who will look into the problem immediately for you.

2) I shall speak with my team at the restaurant and find out for you.

It was a pleasure having you here with us and I hope to welcome you back soon and if there is anything I can do for you please don’t hesitate to contact me personally via mboileau@HamiltonIsland.com.au

Warm regards

Matt Boileau
Reef View Hotel & Palm Bungalows
#HAMILTONISLAND

Reviewed 26 June 2014

We had a memorable three night stay at the Reef View. The staff are very helpful and pleasant. Rooms are great with a huge bathroom giving bath and shower - separate toilet. Views are fantastic. With all the facilities provided at this resort it would be very difficult to find anything to complain about. The shuttle bus service makes it easy to get anywhere but we eventually hired a golf buggy which was even more convenient to zip around. The ability to rack up purchases anywhere on the island to your room is a brilliant way to feel the carefree vibe that comes with the whole island resort experience. Food in the restaurant was always of high standard as was room service. There is a great selection of eateries around the island which cater for all tastes and budgets. All in all it is an excellent stay in a fantastic part of the world. The view from the lookout at the top of the Passage Peak walking track is stunning if you can make it up some steep bits.
Other reviewers have mentioned the maintenance issues but in reality that is an ongoing concern for any operation and can't be considered a fault since it is addressed continually as needed.

Room Tip: Rooms below about sixth or fifth floor are garden( palms ) view. Everything else has fantastic views across the bay to other islands.
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I recently went on a family holiday and stayed at the Reef View Hotel on Hamilton Island. The place was great and service was exceptional. We met a Restaurant Manager Jefferson Del La Rosa who was fantastic and went over and above to ensure we were looked after. Great job Jeff...

Room Tip: Rooms on higher levels have some amazing views.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 June 2014

We stayed here for four nights in June. The rooms were lovely and breakfasts probably the best hotel breakfast I've ever had but they are doing renovations to the roof of the foyer and our room was right next to it. This meant we experienced high levels of noise. We asked to move rooms which we were able to the following day.

Lovely hotel overall but def ask for a room away from the noise!

1  Thank MitchManchester
Reviewed 19 June 2014

I stayed at the Reef View as part of a business conference. There is a lot of accommodation available on the island but I liked the Reef View for a few reasons.
1. Great views over the bay
2. An easy walk down to the waters edge and other resort-type facilities
3. Complimentary shuttle runs from the hotel to the small village overlooking the marina.
4. A shuttle runs around the island so you can hop on/off at various vantage points knowing there is a reliable service to get you back again
5. The hotel is currently undergoing some renovations but this isn't disturbing guests.
6. The room I had was a huge double king bed with separate bathroom including bath, shower, separate toilet etc and a balcony
7. You can walk safely anywhere because there are almost no cars but more golf carts than I've ever seen anywhere - I'm sure they breed!
8. Staff were excellent, helpful, friendly. Lot's more can be said. Just go and enjoy it

Room Tip: Pay extra if required and get a room on at least the 4 th floor or above so the palms don't obstruct your view of the water
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank SydneyBruno
Hamilton_Island_Aus, General Manager at Reef View Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Dear SydneyBruno

My thanks for your succinct review.

We are indeed in the middle of a multi stage refurbishment and excited to have it all completed, hopefully giving you your 8th reason to return and see the changes we have made.

Glad you enjoyed your holiday with us and I hope to welcome you back again soon.

Warm regards