What a great experience we had. From the moment we got off the plane someone there to greet us and assist with luggage onto a bus that then whisked us off to the hotel with the driver pointing out places of interest and things to do along the way. Then a quick check in with one of the very friendly helpful staff members and off to the room. We arrived at the room the exact time our luggage did so it's all very quick and hassle free.
I had read a few things about the hotel being tired and dated so was not sure what to expect but the view took my breath away. We had a Coral Sea View room. It's a view worth paying extra for that's for sure. The room was huge and the bathroom as big as most hotel rooms!! Two separate sinks, shower, separate bath and separate toilet and the water pressure in the shower was amazing. It wasn't the most modern looking room but the furniture was very comfortable and the size of the room made up for dated curtains - which remained opened our whole stay anyway so barely noticed them. My only negative was the bathroom lighting was a little dim for me.
Breakfast was included and you could have it at a choice of 3 different restaurants so no chance of being bored. We ate breakfast at the Pool Terrace and Sails and both of them had a fantastic selection and as I am coeliac I was very happy they both catered for it with lots of gluten free options (particularly Sails who had their GF food labelled which made it easy).
As well as breakfast all non motorised water sports were included so you could go sea kayaking, snorkelling, paddle boarding and catamaraning any time you wanted for as long as you wanted.
The staff everywhere on the island were exceptional. Nothing was ever too much trouble for anyone and Tony's cocktails at Sails were out of this world!!
Hotel is centrally located and the island easy to get around. There are shuttle buses and of course you have to hire a buggy for at least an hour just to experience it.
There is so much to do that I needed a couple more days to just laze by the pool or on the beach.
We stayed 4 nights and next time we'll stay longer.
I can't wait to go back and would stay at the Reef View Hotel again no questions asked.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Reef View Hotel features 364 extremely spacious, well-appointed rooms all with private balconies overlooking either landscaped gardens or the breathtaking vista of the Coral Sea. The upper-most floors boast 18 luxuriously appointed suites. All rooms face the sea complete with outdoor furniture to experience the spectacular sunrises and sunsets. Additional Reef View Hotel facilities include the Pool Terrace restaurant, Reef Lounge bar and Tour Desk. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Reef View Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Reef View
- Reef View Hamilton Island
- Reef View Hotel Hamilton Island