Make no mistake, everything is expensive on hamilton island.
Hire of anything, restraunts
We stayed at the reef hotel. Cost was nearly $360 a night. While the hotel had a nice view and the beds were not too bad. It definitely wasn't worth the money.
Cleanliness, on arrival. Not good.....
Rubbish on balcony, had half fillled wine glass on table and an open half used milk in the fridge. Worst of all, airconditioning wasn't working in room. Advised reception at approx 3pm finally had someone come and attend to it at 10:30pm after multiple phone calls. No offer for another room.
Hotel is very family focused. Definitely wouldn't use it for a "couples" weekend etc as kids and hence noise were running around everywhere.
The duty manager did reimburse us one nights Accomodation when checked out after the first night dramas, so fair play to that however at over $300 a night you spect a lot better.
Overall our stay was "average". Would we stay there again. No, there is much nicer out there for the prices.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Reef View Hotel features 364 extremely spacious, well-appointed rooms all with private balconies overlooking either landscaped gardens or the breathtaking vista of the Coral Sea. The upper-most floors boast 18 luxuriously appointed suites. All rooms face the sea complete with outdoor furniture to experience the spectacular sunrises and sunsets. Additional Reef View Hotel facilities include the Pool Terrace restaurant, Reef Lounge bar and Tour Desk. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelbag, Odigeo, Priceline, Ebookers, TravelUp, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Reef View Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Reef View
- Reef View Hamilton Island
- Reef View Hotel Hamilton Island