We booked a 7 night package which included an upgrade to a Coral Sea view and daily buffet breakfast. Our room was on the 13th floor and the view was absolutely stunning. The breakfast was excellent with a wide selection. The hotel was a little dated, but never the less it felt comfortable and welcoming. The Lobby was being refurbished, so hopefully they may go through the rest of the main areas, certainly the bar and pool restaurant could do with an upgrade.
But the paintwork in our bedroom was fresh and the room very clean. We were pleasantly surprised at how BIG the rooms were. The Bathroom was superb, two vanity areas and basins, separate shower, bath and toilet. An excellent shower and wardrobe space, and a generous supply of bath and beach towels. The bedroom was just great. Two queen size (very comfortable mattresses and pillows) beds, two armchairs, a round table and chairs, plenty of space for all the paraphernalia tourists bring with them, and then the floor to ceiling window, large balcony looking out at the picture perfect view of Catseye Beach and beyond. We could not have wished for better.
All the staff we encountered were helpful and friendly. Nothing was ever to much trouble.The porters do a fantastic job checking your luggage in and out. Bringing it to your room minutes after you arrive and then again, when you check out, they collect it and have it ready to go to the airport. We had read that guests sometimes had to queue for breakfast but this only happened to us on one morning and then the staff offered to take us by buggy down to Sails restaurant, where they were not as busy. (Nice touch). So we did.
We decided to have room service one evening and that came within 20 mins of being ordered and we meal was very good. Special marks for the cheeseboard being served at the room temperature and for the tasty selection of Australian cheeses.
The heated pool was a bonus as the ocean was too cold and the wind kept most outdoor activities to a minimum.
We made good use of the free shuttle bus which takes you to/from the Marina. There's also another bus which will take you on a 40 minute tour of the Island, but just be aware because it is very popular, it is often full, so it may take a few attempts to get on. We also hired one of the 1200 golf buggies on the Island, but that was more for fun, as we had seen the Island by then and there are not a lot of places to go. All in all we really enjoyed our stay at the Reef View and would happily return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Reef View Hotel features 364 extremely spacious, well-appointed rooms all with private balconies overlooking either landscaped gardens or the breathtaking vista of the Coral Sea. The upper-most floors boast 18 luxuriously appointed suites. All rooms face the sea complete with outdoor furniture to experience the spectacular sunrises and sunsets. Additional Reef View Hotel facilities include the Pool Terrace restaurant, Reef Lounge bar and Tour Desk. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Priceline, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Reef View Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Reef View
- Reef View Hamilton Island
- Reef View Hotel Hamilton Island