The good: Views, size of rooms, bed comfort, cleanliness, Buffet Breakfast choices
The Bad: hearing Katrina Rowntree every time we turned on the TV as it reverts to the hotel promo channel,
Limited free WiFi,
Failure to collect room service breakfast menu from door so (waited for breakfast for hours before finding it still hanging on the knob, in spite of the fact that it was put there at 8pm the evening before) ... subsequent try at Room Service breakfast and never again..delivered cold and very average.. stick to the Buffet folks !
HOUSEKEEPING CALLS .. (no.. I am on holidays, here to sleep and relax... and really don't wish to be woken up at 8:30 to have the towels changed.. are there no checkout rooms you can clean as a priority and give me until at least 9am to get up and about?)
$18 cocktails at the pool - straight from a blender, no garnish..just a plain frappe in a plastic cup, is a cherry or small slice of pineapple too much to ask? (so much for perpetuating that tropical holiday experience)
Most ridiculous: Having to pay for the hire of a beach locker at the kayak hire stand. I can jump on your watercraft for free, use your free towel but need to pay $5 for a half hour locker hire? Who carries money when they go to the beach anyway?....
Above all it was enjoyable but I'd not really return to this particular facility again when staying on the island as I think I'd rather pay a little more and get a lot more or hire a private home and self-provision
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Reef View Hotel features 364 extremely spacious, well-appointed rooms all with private balconies overlooking either landscaped gardens or the breathtaking vista of the Coral Sea. The upper-most floors boast 18 luxuriously appointed suites. All rooms face the sea complete with outdoor furniture to experience the spectacular sunrises and sunsets. Additional Reef View Hotel facilities include the Pool Terrace restaurant, Reef Lounge bar and Tour Desk. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TravelUp and Travelbag so you can book your Reef View Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Reef View
- Reef View Hamilton Island
- Reef View Hotel Hamilton Island