The Palm Bungalows are clean and comfortable as they are newly refurbished. The kitchenette is good as I could buy in dinner and have a meal with proper cutlery. Outside, you can hear the birds chirping and singing and we saw cockatoos, a kookaburra, and a host of other birds. It is like a bird park!
We took breakfast at the Sails as it had a good variety of food and we enjoyed our meals there.
The location of the bungalows are great as it is a short walk (uphill then downhill) to the marina where you can buy your meals at the Bakery, Fish and Chips store or General Store, to name a few.
To get around the island, you can hire a golf buggy, take the bus shuttle or simply walk as the distances are not too great (a great form of exercise).
We did the walking trail up to the Resort Lookout Point which has lovely views. A bit of an uphill climb though and it took 35 minutes to walk up from the back of the Conference Center. Be careful of loose gravel and stones on the downhill walk. A walking stick will come in handy or pick up a broken branch along the way.
A good day trip will be out to the Whitehaven Beach which is not too far away. I did the Reef Ryder Tour which is in a separate review.
Catseye Beach is great too and there are free kayaks, paddle boards and other water sports equipment to use if you stay with the hotel. But there are certain timings to adhere to with the tides so if you do want to go out for water sports, check the schedule printed in the daily activity sheet given to you at check in.
Overall a wonderful trip to Hamilton Island!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Palm Bungalows comprise 49 freestanding island bungalows situated in a tropical garden setting,each with its own balcony and outdoor furniture. Rooms are spacious and specifically designed for couples or small families. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Sabre Hospitality Solutions so you can book your Palm Bungalows reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palm Bungalows Hotel Hamilton Island
- Palm Hotel Hamilton Island