Whitsunday Apartments Hamilton Island
Palm Bungalows(Hamilton Island)(Great Value!)
US$356
US$301
Palm Bungalows
  • Pool
Reef View Hotel(Hamilton Island)(Great Value!)
US$308
US$278
Reef View Hotel
Beach Club(Hamilton Island)
US$599
US$534
Beach Club
  • Breakfast included
Colonial Palms Motor Inn(Airlie Beach)(Great Value!)
US$118
US$109
at Waterfront Whitsunday Retreat(Airlie Beach)(Great Value!)
US$479
US$208
Airlie Beach Hotel(Airlie Beach)(Great Value!)
US$158
US$131
Agoda.com
The Islands Inn Motel(Airlie Beach)
US$74
US$67
Qualia Resort(Hamilton Island)
  • Beachfront
Daydream Island Resort(Daydream Island)
1,211 results
All reviewscatseye beachfull kitchenone bedroom apartmentwest wingcoffee cartown mealswell equipped kitchencoral sea viewself cateringapartment was cleangeneral storeamazing viewslobby arealarge balconytop floorgarden viewgolf buggy
Reviewed 31 May 2014

We chose a deluxe coral sea view room and it is definitely worth the extra money. I can't recall ever staying in accommodation with such a stunning view! It really was "beautiful one day, perfect the next". The apartment was a little tired but very well equipped, clean, very spacious and very comfortable. A good sized balcony with sunbeds and outdoor table and chairs completed the picture. It was excellent value for money when compared to the island's other options. We found the staff to be very friendly and helpful. There are excellent shuttle bus services from the Apartments which depart regularly and stop at a large number of popular locations around the island. The golf buggy hire shop is also a short walk down the road. The airport transfer service (which is included) was extremely efficient with very friendly, helpful drivers.

Room Tip: A deluxe coral sea view room is an absolute must
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PerthJayne
Reviewed 30 May 2014

It is true that the building look a bit old, the swimming people is not very pretty and the personnel can be a bit rude.
But what a great place to have one of the most relaxing holiday.
The apartment themselves are very well furnished and we never lacked of anything. The dinners on the balcony with this amazing view makes it magical.
We slept well, felt at home and enjoyed peacefully this amazing experience that is Hamilton Island.

1  Thank qlemarie
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We were very excited to arrive at Hamilton island as part of our trip in Australia! Sadly this wore off very quickly after arriving at Whitsunday apartments! I would not class myself as snobby but I like things to be clean even if basic. On reading previous reviews I thought this place would be dated but perfectly nice - how wrong could I be! Sadly since making my booing and arriving two more reviews had been posted which were far more accurate than the ones before. Initially given a dark and dingy room on the first floor which smelt very strongly of something unpleasant and on first glimpse I was not impressed and baffled as to how they justified the aud 250 price tag per night. I went back and spoke to the manager who initially stated there were no other rooms available. When I asked about an upgrade he said that would be an additional aud 150 at this point I was so desperate not to stay in the first room I asked to look at it. On first impressions it appeared better, primarily as it didn't smell so went down to pay. The manager then said in didn't have to pay it and the upgrade would be complimentary. I felt pleased with this as it still did not warrant the price tag paid in my opinion. Later on when I came to unpack was when I really noticed the horrors of this place. Disgusting does not even begin to describe this place. There is even a can of cockroach spray provided in each room! That should be enough said but if not the mouldy bathroom, stained furnishings and spider infestations on the balcony should do it! I have never felt so compelled to write a review! Please think carefully before even considering this place. I found Thomas and Chloe on reception were particularly unhelpful and even closed reception early the one night I had to stay there. The initially friendly manager from day before was somewhat less so when I returned the following morning with my suitcase to ask for a refund as I could not stay the 3nights I had pre paid. He did not appear shocked when I stated how dirty the rooms were and said they were all the same standard. He agreed to refund the further two nights but not so much as an apology. There is no excuse when charging such prices why the apartments are not clean. It's also worth noting that this place has no safe, although that will be the least of your worries!

9  Thank KL1983
Reviewed 20 May 2014

speechless as soon as we entered the room (deluxe coral sea view), the view as mind numbing. the room is extra spacious, cozy, comfortable, kitchen facilities were gud too.
downside is you need to clean utensils etc before leaving or they charge extra also the check in was pretty late 3:00 pm in our case which was disappointing. public spa was always full.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nitesh_Bansal
Reviewed 16 May 2014

We stayed for 6 nights in a deluxe coral sea view apartment and what a treat that was - based on one of the higher floors overlooking the coral sea, the views were amazing.
Downside was a booking of what seemed to be over a 100 school boys in the apartments below for a few nights but other than that, the hotel was good.
Not sure we would visit Hamilton Island again, much as the scenery was beautiful, there wasn't much to do unless you're into watersports. We have visited other islands on the barrier reef and found them much nicer and more "natural" rather than touristy.
Couldn't fault the accommodation however.

Room Tip: Definitely worth the upgrade to coral sea view room if you are going to spend some time on the balcony admiring the superb view
2  Thank Katharine W