Overall I would stay here again as the location can't be beaten. The views by far sell this property and its location, right opposite the beach. We stayed on the 12th floor and although I had read that the coral view apartments had been renovated and paid extra for a higher floor apartment, I'm not sure we got a renovated one. I saw inside a 1st floor apartment and they seemed overall the same although maybe they had started to renovate those too. The layout is great for a young family with 1 bedroom and enough additional bedding between the built-in bed in the bedroom and the couch in the lounge. The renovation isn't going to knock your socks off, its basic but functional with plenty of storage space and a good layout. Every day we got new towels/teatowel, rubbish removed and every 4th day they changed the linen on our bed, however the kids linen wasn't changed for the whole 10 nights we were there. The Reef View Hotel next door has suites which were exactly double the price. As far as I'm concerned I don't need a full service every day, we still enjoyed the exact same view but without the hefty price-tag. Plus the pool at the Whitsundays Apartments is much nicer than the Reef View Hotel. I did note that they don't appear to use vacuum cleaners, I never saw a single one on any of the cleaning carts or in utilities rooms and when we arrived the floor was far from clean. There was sand everywhere, I took to always wearing my jandals while in the apartment to avoid it going throughout the bed when I hopped in at night. There was a broom so I swept up 3 times while we stayed but the grouting between the tiles isn't flush so its full of sand. This is what makes me think they only sweep between guests because it was not clean when we arrived. Only a vacuum would get the sand out properly. The staff all seemed friendly and helpful, I was a little disappointed that when we asked about a late-checkout (2hrs only) 2 days before leaving, we were told they would charge us $15 an hour - after stayed 10 nights at over AU$3500, I would have thought they wouldn't charge especially since we never had our 'mini' service done until well into the afternoon every day. We were only asking to stay until midday. When we went back the following day to approve the late check-out, we were told they were fully booked and couldn't do it..... they also put a hold on your credit card for pool towels and charge $60 if the dishes aren't washed and put away before check-out so there's definitely no extras here. I would thoroughly recommend ordering on the Coles website a week before arrival - it worked perfectly, all our groceries were in the room when we arrived which not only saves money (as the general store on the island is very expensive) but its also nice to get off a flight and immediately have the basics at hand. For those traveling with younger children, it pays to order groceries for some meals to be cooked in the apartment. The island does lack places to go with children. In the hotel brochure of the 5 mentioned, only one was for families. Some take children over 12, one only takes them 18yrs and over. The Reef View Hotel was running a nightly buffet dinner for the school holidays which was delicious. There's the Marina Tavern and the Fish & Chips place on front street but apart from that its either very pricey or not for children. We tried the restaurant in the Resort Centre the first night - do not bother, expensive and not nice. We went back to the Reed View Hotel restaurant on the last night, by this time it was back to a la carte which was also very good and children under 12 eat free with a paying adult so the price was very good too. Overall we thoroughly enjoyed Hamilton Island and staying at this property. Unlike Fiji where each resort/hotel is quite separate (you're not supposed to use other hotel pools etc) Hamilton Island considers everyone staying on the island as guests and you can use all the various pools and many eateries allow charge back no matter where you are staying.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whitsunday Apartments Hamilton Island is apartment-style living in a truly tropical holiday destination in the heart of the Great Barrier Reef. Adjacent to Catseye Beach on the resort side of Hamilton Island, the Whitsunday Apartments are the perfect setting for a relaxed, romantic or adventure holiday.Whitsunday Apartments is the ideal destination for holidaymakers who prefer the independence of apartment accommodation. Each apartment offers a well-appointed kitchen, dual-access bathroom, large open-plan living area and a spacious balcony offering ocean or lush tropical garden views. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, LateRooms, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Whitsunday Apartments Hamilton Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Whitsunday Apartments Hamilton Island Hotel Hamilton Island
- Whitsunday Holiday Apartments Hamilton Island
- Whitsunday Holiday Apartments Hotel