“This IS your dreams!”

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Hamilton Island
Winter Park, Florida
“This IS your dreams!”
Reviewed 12 March 2013

Hands down the best experience so far in our lives! My husband and I fell in love with this resort! It is so peaceful... so zen. Melissa greeted us when we checked into the resort- ask for her she has such positive energy. As she was explaining the resort, we were poured multiple glasses of champagne-- so perfect . We were assigned a buggy ( golf cart) and she showed us to our villa. The villa was everything we imagined for a fantasy suite- private pool, huge soaking tub, outside shower, beautiful view, cockatoos flying around, chic "house music" streamed in, outside daybed, comfortable living room and a relaxing, intimate master bedroom. The grounds were beautiful- landscaping was pristine, beautiful beach and pool area and fun places throughout to discover. One morning while jogging, I saw a wallaby-very exciting experience. We loved the restaurant- delicious food with unique presentations. We thoroughly enjoy every second of our stay...hopefully we'll be back again and again.....

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank comeflywithme2
Hamilton_Island_Aus, General Manager at Qualia Resort, responded to this review, 21 March 2013
Dear comeflywithme2,

We are very honoured that you have nominated qualia to be the best experience in your lives so far and my staff and I really appreciate the compliment!

I’m so happy that you had such a satisfying visit and I hope that you will be able to come back soon. We’re always making improvements to surprise and delight our guests, so the next time you stay should be even better.

qualia

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (403)
Reviewed 11 March 2013

I am never too enthusiastic about flying, so when the plane landed on Hamilton Island, I was extremely pleased, but of course, I was more excited about seeing qualia, currently the world's best resort as rated by Conde Nast. The flight to Hamilton Island was quite rough as we had to fly through a tropical summer storm, but that was all behind me as soon as I saw three guys nicely dressed in qualia's uniform waiting for us right outside of the airport lobby with two bottles of chilled water, labeled 'qualia'.

The drive to the resort was more than pleasant despite the weather being slightly grey. As the car pulled up at the Long Pavilion, we were greeted by the GM with two glasses of Veuve Clicquot. The check-in process felt personal and efficient. Our concierge asked about our plans during the stay and ensured that we had our first night's dinner sorted and throughout our stay it felt that the resort staff integrated genuine Queensland friendship with sophisticated yet unobtrusive service.

We followed the concierge in a qualia golf buggy and arrived at Windward Pavilion no.19, a beautiful ocean facing villa equipped with a private infinity-edged pool, a spacious balcony and an outdoor shower surrounded by baby bamboo trees.

To be bluntly honest, I wasn't too impressed with the pavilion at the beginning. I thought that the rooms looked a little too simple, the foliage around pool a little overgrown and being the best in the world was suddenly a big call (even if you get a complimentary bottle of chilled Veuve in your pavilion).

We spent the afternoon at Spa qualia and I think it had really helped me unwind and get into a holiday mood. Soon after, we discovered the library, the amazing infinity pool located next to the Pebble Beach restaurant and so much more that qualia has to offer, I think that's when I fell in love with this resort.

The resort has so many nice touches everywhere; you can enjoy an open minibar for non-alcoholic beverages in your pavilion, or if you like, cold movenpick ice cream would be brought to you while you laze around the infinity pool getting some much needed sunshine. In my case, I absolutely enjoyed washing my hair with the Aesop products in the outdoor shower, listening to the bamboo tree leaves brushing against each other or soaking in the oh so deep tub that sits crowning the centre of the pavilion’s open plan bathroom.

Qualia 's natural simplicity created perfection in itself.

For photos of the resort, check out my travel blog:

4 Thank DolceBunnie
Dear 8DolceBaby8,

I really enjoyed reading this post about your stay at qualia, both on Tripadvisor and your blog.

I really got a sense of how you were feeling at the start, middle and end of your trip and I think yours is a common story for our guests.

Many guests are slightly unsettled when they arrive at qualia because they are still worrying about work or the children they’ve just left behind. But as they start to get their bearings and adjust to the tempo of life at qualia (as you did after your treatment at Spa qualia), they start to relax and almost become different people. The change is so drastic sometimes that I feel the need to reintroduce myself!
By the end of their stay, it’s usually easy to tell the difference compared to how they were when they arrived. Sometimes we can even tell how long guests have been with us for by their demeanour and body language.

My team and I appreciate you taking the time to share your experiences and we hope that you are able to come back to qualia sometime soon. If you would like any help with organising your next booking, please feel free to email me at mshah@qualia.com.au and I will assist where I can.

new jersey
Reviewed 7 March 2013

My wife and I just stayed at Qualia. As numerous other reviews state, the island is fantastic and the resort, the best. But, on top of all of that, what really shined was their staff and customer service. As my wife and I are limited in our choice of meals, the staff of Qualia made sure we were accommodated. When they heard we were off to a picnic on Whitehaven beach, and knew of our dietary restrictions, they coordinated with the helicopter tour company that was taking us and providing lunch, to replace their lunch with one of our liking...and we weren't even charged! Additionally, one afternoon when we were casually discussing where to go for dinner, the staff had us tell them what we wanted to eat, and how we liked it prepared, and we had dinner at Qualia with exactly the meal we desired. It doesn't get any better! Go and enjoy!

4 Thank travellerNewJersey
Hamilton_Island_Aus, General Manager at Qualia Resort, responded to this review, 14 March 2013
Dear travellerNewJersey,

My team and I appreciate you writing this review of qualia. We try hard to be accommodating and flexible and If we can do something for our guests to make their stay with us better, we will do it. I love hearing stories like this about how my team are surprising and delighting our guests, so thank you for sharing.
I hope that you are able to come back for another stay soon.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 7 March 2013

this is the best place of our entire trip, was the most luxurious hotel, we were there on valentine's day and had the most special treatment, the GM took personal care of us, it was a dream lived by staying in this hotel. it does cost, but I would say that all good things come at a price, we stayed at the winward pavilion and it was a palace by itself. faces the ocean and trees, feels like living in the forest with the ultimate luxurious room.
the place provides a buggy for travel on the island, which gave us a lot of comfort. We were provided with unmatched service and every small aspect and requests were taken care of by the hotel staff.
this is the best hotel i have stayed till now in my life, with every small detail being addressed to, there is little left for improvement with this hotel

4 Thank atwin90frames
Dear harshsekhsaria,

I just wanted to drop you a brief note to thank you for staying at qualia and for writing a review of our stay on Tripadvisor.
It was wonderful to meet you both and it was great to read about how happy you were with qualia.

My staff and I hope that you will come back for another visit very soon.

Reviewed 7 March 2013

We recently stayed at Qualia to celebrate my husbands 40th and it was truly special. From the moment you step off the plane the luxury starts. You're bags are taken care of and just appear in your pavilion. When you arrive at Qualia (only about 10 minutes after stepping off the plane) you are met with an amazing view, flowing champagne and outstanding service.
We stayed in a windward pavilion and it was amazing, the views were breathtaking, it was private, luxurious and absolutely beautiful.
The restaurant was incredible, we had the tasting menu with matching wines.....WOW! Undoubtably the best food we have ever eaten. The night was made extra special as they had set us up a private table on the pool deck under the stars and our waitress, Michelle, was outstanding.
All of the staff were amazing, so friendly, knowledgable and helpful. They really make you feel so special.
My advice for Qualia is just forget about the price, it is worth it and more. The beach drop off and sunset cruise are well worth doing. We also had a helicopter drop off to whitehaven beach which was incredible. We had always said we would go back to the place we had our honeymoon for our 10 year anniversary but I think we've been won over by Qualia so hopefully, we will be back there in 3 years time to celebrate.

5 Thank Jade144
Dear Jade 144,

It was a pleasure to read your glowing review of our property.

I passed on your review to Alastair, our Executive Chef. He had a huge smile on his face when he read your comment that the tasting menu was “Undoubtedly the best food we have ever eaten”. Michelle was also really happy to get a mention in your review and I’ve thanked her personally for her outstanding work.

We would love to have you stay with us for your 10 year anniversary!

Bradford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 March 2013

A wonderful location with super accommodation in so called Pavilions with magical views over the Coral Sea. From the minute you arrive at Hamilton Island airport where your luggage is collected for you to the transfer to the Long Pavilion (look at the website) you are looked after by attentive staff and greeted by a glass of champagne. The food is good and the whole package is not cheap but our visit was an unforgettable experience. All the staff go the extra mile to make your stay happy.

Room Tip: Pay the extra and have a Seaward Pavilion.
2 Thank Richard F
Hamilton_Island_Aus, General Manager at Qualia Resort, responded to this review, 6 March 2013
Dear Richard F,

Thank you for your 5 star review of qualia. All of us here really do appreciate it when our guests share their experience and recommend a stay with us on social media and review sites like Tripadvisor. It makes me proud of my team and the hard work we’ve all put in at qualia when I think about how many of our guests use terms like “unforgettable experience” and “once in a lifetime stay” when they describe their visit to qualia.

I’m very glad that you enjoyed your stay and I hope that you come back soon.

Reviewed 5 March 2013

Staying at qualia is simply incredible, a truly amazing experience. I describe it as 3-4 times the price of a very good or high quality hotel/resort, but 100 times the value!

Service is exceptional from the moment you're collected at the airport until you're dropped off on departure. The grounds and views are just spectacular, the facilities all first rate and nothing is ever a problem for a team of enthusiastic and dedicated staff. We stayed in a Windward pavilion for three nights and then a Leeward for an additional two nights due to flight cancellations. Incidentally, qualia actually comp'ed us the two additional nights, which I understand is something they will at times do for guests if they have availability and your stuck on the island. I thought this was exceptional and it just reinforces the high quality of service they aim to deliver to their guests.

I really can’t speak highly enough of the pavilions, in particular the Windward’s. The incredible views, room size, quality of the fittings and furnishings are first rate, and the luxury and privacy that comes with having your own pool and sun deck in such a phenomenal location is really something special and unique. The Leeward rooms are excellent as well, but I would call the Windward’s first class and the Leeward’s business! I recommend spending the extra money on the Windward if you can.

The restaurant is first rate (as you would expect), we enjoyed every meal and the quality of room service. The main pool is really impressive and we booked the sunset cruise and beach drop off package, which I would highly recommend to anyone, especially if it’s your first time in the Whitsundays.

We will definitely be heading back when budget allows!

Room Tip: We had pavilion 9, so any along that stretch will be very private.
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Adam V
Dear Adam V,

Thank you so much for your wonderful review. I’ve shared you review with some of my team and they really appreciated your mention of the excellent service that they provided.

I consider people that stay at qualia our guests even before they’ve checked in and after they’ve checked out. This is part of the reason that I take the time to respond to many of these reviews on Tripadvisor. I try hard to address concerns, find solutions and generally help our guests enjoy their stay during their time at qualia and I see responding to reviews as an extension of my regular on-island duties. Through my responses, readers can get a sense of the attentive and personal style of service that they will receive at qualia even before they arrive.

I also believe that it’s important to express gratitude to our previous guests that have taken the time to give us feedback that allows us to identify what we’re doing right and areas where we can improve. The opinion of guests that stay at qualia is much more important to us than awards and magazine articles. The moment that we start to believe our own hype and lose touch with our guests is the moment that we will stop improving the guest experience and as we’re committed to constant improvement, this is the last thing that we’d want.

Your review was a pleasure to read and I got a real sense of how much you loved your time with us.

When you’ve found room in your budget for another stay at qualia, please email me at mshah@qualia.com.au and I will assist you with recommendations and answers to any questions that you might have.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hamilton Island
#1 of 1 in Shute Harbour
at Marina Shores
at Marina Shores
#6 of 10 in Airlie Beach

Been to Qualia Resort? Share your experiences!