“Qualia is amazing!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Hamilton Island
Newcastle, Australia
“Qualia is amazing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014

My husband and I recently stayed at Qualia for our 10 year anniversary and a quick getaway prior to our second child arriving. The resort itself is spectacular, we stayed in one of the Windward pavilions and it was totally worth the extra money to have your own plunge pool, the resorts pool is beautiful too but having your own is super convenient.
The staff are super attentive and friendly, nothing is too much trouble.
Can not fault the food in either of the restaurants, although we preferred the food in Pebble Beach as the menu choices were more to our tastes.
Qualia was everything we hoped for and we can not wait to return

Room Tip: The Windward pavilions are fantastic
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (397)
Boca Raton, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2014

The resort itself is beautiful. The entry into the main house is one of the most beautiful I have seen. Our room was very nice, but certainly not over the top. The service in the main lodge was excellent, but not truly professional. It was staffed by managers and waiters who typically came for a few months to make "some money", their words not mine, and then they leave. Food was good to excellent, but not plentiful for the cost of the meal. The beach and pool were nice, but the service was woefully inadequate. If one wanted to move a chaise lounge on the beach or by the pool there was no one to help. Not what I would expect from a "Six Star" Resort. The General Manager was very attentive and always aound to great the guests. A very pleasant stay, but would not recommend or return.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank vettesfl
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2014

From the moment we arrived we were welcomed with open arms by the general manager which was a lovely touch, and of course a glass of champagne which was promptly topped up. We stayed in windward pavilion 23 and it is the most beautiful accommodation we have stayed in. My partner proposed to me that evening beside our plunge pool as the sun was setting, just perfect. The resort had also kindly arranged private dining on the beach front for our evening meal. In sum, if you are considering this resort then my advice would be not to delay and just book. I can assure you that there is no resort in the world (bold claim I know!) which could possibly beat this. Just pure heaven, I can't wait to return.

Room Tip: Windward pavilion is a must
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2014

The Whitsundays & Hamilton Island have been at the top of my bucket list for many years. Finally I got to go.First impressions - Fantastic ! We were welcomed by the Qualia team, 1 min after leaving the plane with cold towels & water, then directed to our car while they collected our luggage. After a short ride we arrived at big wooden gates. It felt like we were entering Jurasic park ! On arrival we were greeted by the GM & the champagne was flowing while we waited for our room. I thought this a nice touch. There are no cars on Hamilton so we were given a complimentary golf buggy for the duration of our stay which was great fun ! We stayed in a Windward pavilion and our villa was stunning. If I have 1 complaint about our whole experience at Qualia it is that on this beautiful Island we didnt really have a view from our great balcony, the tree's and foilage blocked it.We stayed in villa 45.
The service & staff were impecable and the 2 restaurants were excellent ! It has a fantastic pool and a small pebble beach which offers all types of water sports.
We particulary enjoyed the Champagne & Oyster class followed by a sunset cruise, a very memorable day & more importantly a memorable stay ......

Room Tip: If you want a room with a sea view - request as I thought it was standard
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Billericay, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2014 via mobile

We stayed at Qualia as part of our honeymoon trip to Australia in October 2013. The hotel is amazing and deserves its 5 star status however we did find the service lacking across the resort. On a number of occasions we had to ask for various items that had run out in the room such as toilet paper and tissues. This was frustrating as we thought that housekeeping would be checking that there was a plentiful supply when serving our room. There was also very little pool service and the staff generally were not very attentive. These may seem like minor criticisms but when paying top notch prices you expect the service to match. Having said all that we had an amazing time and would definitely visit again.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Rob7488
Hamilton_Island_Aus, General Manager at Qualia Resort, responded to this review, 27 February 2014
Dear Rob7488,

To read that a guest's stay did not altogether meet their expectations and indeed that of my own standard is always cause for disquiet.

I do appreciate you taking the time to provide your review and pass on your feedback as it allows me to focus my attention clearly on aspects where our service may be lacking.

Please do rest assured that since your stay in October and each day in fact; we continually review and effect improvements across our services; and strive to educate and train our people to strive for maximum consistency in our service.

I am assured in that you might wish to return in future. Please do let me know when this might be and we can happily welcome you once again soon.

Kind regards,

Matthew T
General Manager - qualia

Hamilton Island
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2014

My husband and I stayed here for our honeymoon back in February 2013. It has taken me so long to write a review because every time I try to sit down to do it, I can't think of the words to describe such an amazing place. So here goes, from the start getting off the plane they already had our bags waiting in the car to take us back to the resort. When we arrived we were greeted with glasses of champagne until our room was ready. The food, the staff, and the rooms all exceeded my expectations and I can honestly say it is beyond 5 stars. I would recommend this place to anyone! It's such an amazing experience and you truly feel very special when you are here! I cant wait to come back! Cost wise, its not somewhere we would go every year but as it was our honeymoon in our view it was worth every penny!!

Room Tip: The rooms are amazing and soo big!
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
DivaRose
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2014

Definitely a must for any travellers looking for indulgence. My husband and I stayed during Dec 2013-Jan 2014 for five nights in a Windward Pavilion. The photos you see on Qualia's website is exactly what you see in person. Absolutely gorgeous, tranquil and private. I believe the resort was at it's full capacity with guests however amazingly enough it didn't feel that way. We celebrated NYE at the resort and it was a wonderful experience. They had fireworks and champagne for guests, a cheese and dessert bar and a band. The staff were lovely and professional especially the assistant managers. The assistant managers really go out of their way to make sure your needs are met. I think if you plan on going to Qualia, you really must indulge in a few activities available and enjoy the food they have to offer at the Qualia restaurants. Book the activities in advance before you go. It is worth it!

Activities: Unfortunately due to limited time we were only able to experience the Best of Both Worlds. You take a helicopter (just for 2 guests) over the ocean to Reefworld where you can snorkel or scuba dive. The best part of this trip was you share the place with only a few people so it's very private and exclusive. I think it may have been a total of less than 8 guests. Then after the snorkelling, you get on the helicopter and do the scenic tour before they drop you off on Whitehaven beach for a picnic. Highly recommend this activity, we loved it so much we wanted to do it again.

Food: I think this aspect of Qualia really impressed me the most. My husband and I both felt the food was on par with the fine dining establishments in Sydney. Yes I know that's a huge statement but that is how great the food was and we've been to a lot of chef hatted restaurants from Quay to Sepia etc.

Room: Loved our room and our private plunge pool. The room is perfectly decorated and arranged. During your booking I would highly recommend you ask for a room with minimal obstruction of the ocean view. I have heard and read not all the rooms are same in terms of the views. We had room 10 and it was fantastic.

Overall I highly recommend Qualia if you want privacy, great food and peace. I would definitely return. I would also like to add for travellers who may suffer from mosquito bites and allergies. I got bitten only twice the whole trip and didn't need to use repellent. Usually I'm covered in mosquito bites.

Room Tip: Windward Room 10 ~ totally worth the splurge. Make sure to ask for a room during booking that has mi...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
#4 of 10 in Airlie Beach
Coral Point Lodge
Coral Point Lodge
#1 of 1 in Shute Harbour

Been to Qualia Resort? Share your experiences!