“Really really awesome”
Review of Qualia Resort

Qualia Resort
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Hamilton Island
Reviewed 27 May 2014

From the meet & greet at the airport to the day we said goodbye, just perfect. It's not a place to count your pennies but just sit back, relax & enjoy the wonder that is Qualia.

Matthew & all the team were always so pleasant but not overbearing. Really top level of service throughout the resort. My tip is to try the yoga, first time I ever did it & it was very enjoyable!!!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Hamilton_Island_Aus, General Manager at Qualia Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Dear Reviewer4321,

It was a pleasure to meet you on your recent visit here at qualia and I thank you sincerely for the kind words of encouragement for the whole qualia team.

I hope it shines through that we are all passionate about how we aim to create extraordinary experiences every day for every guest. I’m also delighted you entrusted us the Spa qualia instructors with your very first yoga class and that you got much out of the experience! Until next time...

Warm regards,

There are newer reviews for Qualia Resort

Reviewed 27 May 2014

This is certainly a nice property but hardly worth the price! You would think paying $1000/night would at least qualify for someone greeting you by name like the high quality hoteliers Ritz Carlton or Four Seasons. The obvious lack of a formalized guest relations program is driven by the absence of competition. The only food options on the property were outrageously priced "high cuisine" that was not worthy of consideration in the U.S.. The restaurant personnel were very nice but admittedly untrained. Several mentioned they had only been employed for several weeks. Most of our prearranged excursions were ultimately cancelled or rescheduled without our knowledge.

We expected better but were disappointed! Find another hotel option if you're trying to see the Great Barrier Reef.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Tom D
Hamilton_Island_Aus, General Manager at Qualia Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear Tom D,

Thank you for offering your review of your stay here with us at qualia.

Suffice to say, it made for unhappy reading and I am very much disappointed for you that we appear to have missed the mark in a number of areas during your stay.

I am naturally concerned by the quality or lack of professionalism exhibited by not informing you of any changes that were effected to itinerary and excursion plans due to weather. I will be carefully reviewing our processes with my team in this respect.

We place high standards on ourselves and even with our newly engaged employees - strive to ensure we acknowledge and recognise every guest. I would be most grateful to discuss your experiences further and would welcome contact on gm@qualia.com.au so I might apologise in person as I was not made aware of any issues during your stay.

Once more, I offer my sincere apologies that you felt your stay at qualia was anything less than perfect.

Kind regards,

General Manager – qualia

Reviewed 27 May 2014

My wife and I just returned from a 5 night stay at Qualia. We stayed in a Leeward room, which was fantastic. Plenty of space, and great views from the balcony. The Pebble Beach pool area is a stand-out. The Long Pavilon has amazing views. Both restaurants served great meals. The overall grounds are kept in perfect condition. Simply driving around Qualia is a pleasure. The service was very friendly and accomodating. At every facility, the staff were happy to talk and provide advice. They genuinely appeared to enjoy where they worked, and who wouldn't. We will definitely find a time to return to Qualia. We also loved seeing the helicopters take off from Qualia during the day.

Room Tip: All rooms would be spectacular.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank David H

Dear DavidH,

It was a pleasure to see your above TripAdvisor review following your 5 nights with us here at qualia. Many tanks for taking your time to do so.

I am so pleased that qualia created such a positive impression on you both. I think I can comment for the whole qualia team when I say that we do appreciate working and living in this very special part of Australia and witness each day – the remarkable effect qualia and our landscapes have on so many of our guests.

We look forward to your return in future and please do let me know if I might asst in this respect. gm@qualia.com.au.

Kind regards

Reviewed 25 May 2014

My husband and I spent 3 nights at Qualia recently for my 60th birthday. It was absolutely wonderful. We stayed in a Windward Pavilion, which was huge- 3 rooms, each bigger than most hotel rooms, with your own plunge pool and views over the Whitsundays.
Breakfast was delicious, and while Hamilton Island has many good restaurants, we chose to eat at Qualia each day. We loved the Scampi Ceviche in the Long Pavilion, and the Seafood Platter at Pebble Beach.
While the food, rooms and location were top notch, Qualia's best feature has to be its staff. They were friendly, attentive, professional but not stuffy. Nothing was too much trouble for them. I still dine out on the wonderful story told to us by another guest, who had organised with Qualia to make his proposal to his girlfriend the most amazing surprise. The lengths that the staff went to, to keep his girlfriend thinking that they were staying at the Reef Hotel, went above and beyond mere customer service!
The only downside to Qualia is that they don't have a sandy beach, but the staff will drop you off at a nearby beach with a picnic. Hey, if the place was perfect, no other resort in the world would have a chance.
The only bad thing about Qualia- we had to leave.

Room Tip: Splurge and get a Windward Pavilion
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Maussie54

Dear Maussie54,

I am delighted to read that you had such a wonderful stay in celebrating your 60th Birthday. I thank you for your review.

It is humbling to learn that my team were able to bring to you the most perfect of qualia moments.

Indeed, each is encouraged to go above and beyond in creating unforgettable experiences for all our guests; whether it be an elaborate marriage proposal or creating the ceviche of scampi in the Long Pavilion - a dish one recent well travelled hotel blogger referred to as 'life changing!'

I am very proud of our team and the services they love to provide and shall take great pleasure in passing on your comments.

Thank you again for your flattering review. I hope to see you returning soon.

Sincere regards,

General Manager – qualia

Reviewed 23 May 2014

An amazing and beautiful place. Everything is done to perfection. Great views all the facilities the rooms and service is all fantastic. Dining at long pavilion was fantastic and an amazing view with great service. Will definetly be back and stay longer next time.

Room Tip: Room with your own plunge pool. It's beautiful.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Hamilton_Island_Aus, General Manager at Qualia Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Dear Selbo1912,

Thank you for your generous review here on TripAdvisor. I was so pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and as always – I am very proud of my team and the level of service they so enthusiastically seek to provide each day.

I hope we might be able to welcome you back to qualia again in future. DO let me know if I can assist with any enquiry. gm@qualia.com.au.

Hamilton Island

Reviewed 23 May 2014

My stay at qualia was nothing short of amazing. The resort is spectacular, the views are stunning, the staff are beyond wonderful and the food was great. Nothing is ever too much trouble for them, and the personalised, movie-star treatment makes anybody feel special. Thank you qualia. I will definitely return!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear Taffy Y,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review and I must say what a pleasure it was having you stay with us.

I am touched to learn how you enjoyed your stay and that the team were able to make your holiday such an incredible experience.

I will proudly pass on your comments.

We certainly do hope you can visit us again. If there is anything I might be able to do to assist in this respect, please do make contact with me directly on gm@qualia.com.au.

Kind regards,

Hamilton Island

Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

Wow! Our expectations were certainly exceeded! Every single moment of our stay was perfect & certainly well worth the cost. Not a single suggestion or complaint. Everything has already been though of. No other holiday will ever be able to compare! Qualia has the best of everything! We will be back :-)

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tara F

Dear Tara F,

Please accept my thanks for writing such a kind and favourable review of your recent stay.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and that your qualia experience exceeded your expectations. Incomparable is what we aspire to...

I hope to welcome you again back in the not too distant future, and please do not hesitate to contact me personally should you wish to organise anything in advance - gm@qualia.com.au.

Warm regards,

Coral Point Lodge
Coral Point Lodge
#1 of 1 in Shute Harbour
Heart Hotel and Gallery Whitsundays

Been to Qualia Resort? Share your experiences!