Review Highlights

Reviewed 14 September 2016
MohPo
Port Macquarie, Australia
via mobile

See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Kids had fun with the quad bikes even though they ride motorbikes. Although they would’ve liked a little bit more time and a longer track for those more confidence/experience. Suitable for mainly inexperienced kids from age 7-11.

Reviewed 18 March 2018 via mobile

Our two daughters (7 and 10) did the kids quad bikes this afternoon. They were having technical difficulties with a couple of the bikes so took two kids on and then the other two. We were happy to wait (it was only 15/20 minutes) and the guy was so thankful for our patience. They also brought us bottles of ice cold water which were much appreciated due to the heat and humidity. The girls had a great time, the instructor was extremely friendly and enthusiastic. Great fun for all

Reviewed 21 July 2017

My 6yo son had so much fun here he wanted to go back daily. We compromised on a second time instead. Great instructor took the time to help the kids individually when they needed it (which mine did the first time). By the second time on the track a few days later, it was like he was a pro.

Reviewed 29 June 2017

The kids had fun for 15 minutes. It's a pretty dusty track so don't expect the kids to remain clean. A thing to do but probably only once.

Reviewed 13 April 2017 via mobile

I have booked this adventure for my 5.5 years old son. In advertisement it was pointed that this one is suitable for children aged 6-14, and I gave a call to operator to check if we can book it as my son is quite tall for his age (117 cm and 24.5 kg) and was advised that the rules are from 6 years old but we can check it with a tour desk and if they allow us we can make a reservation. I came with this information to a reservation desk and Elise, a lady from the desk, asked my son to seat on a quad which is in the hall. He was tall enough and we bought this activity for the next day. But 1 hour later another lady from reservation desk , Lucy, found out that we bought it and required to return a ticket with a cold declaration if insurance policy. I refused. Later that day I received another call from operator that we are not allowed to go because of manufacturer guideline. I suppose those who have children of that age can imagine the reaction of a child who was allowed originally and then refused. It was just awful. I don't mean anything against the manufacturer guideline and understand that it is for children's safety but I am upset with incompetency of the staff in making decisions. If it is strict it must be strict without any further discussion, but here it depended on any single person opinion. It was not pointed that age was a strict requirement in an advertisement and it wasn't listed on the quad warning list.

David_hiactivities, General Manager at Quad Bikes For Kids, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2017

Dear guest,

Thank you for your feedback and I apologise that a mistake was made at the time of booking. In light of your feedback I have investigated the matter and confirm when the age mistake was identified, the tour desk manager called you to advise and offer an apology. The activity manager also called to offer an apology and offer a tandem go kart ride suitable for your child as an alternative option.
In this instance human error occurred at the tour desk which was an unfortunate mistake and I sincerely apologise for the inconvenience and understand your frustration. I will clarify , the minimum and maximum age is listed on the brochure in the ‘can I do it’ panel, and the quad bike has the minimum age condition visible, issued by the manufacturer. It is disappointing therefore that our booking agent provided incorrect information to you, and we were then required to rectify the issue due to safety and compliance.

I have asked the tour desk manager to again highlight all minimum age restrictions across all products with her staff to ensure this mistake does not reoccur.

Thanks again for bringing this to our attention and my sincere apologies for your experience with quad bikes for kids during the booking process.

Kind Regards
David Boyd | General Manager Retail, Activities , Marina & Concessionaires

Reviewed 2 January 2017 via mobile

This was the first time my daughter had ridden on a Quad bike and she had a great time. There are age restrictions however, my 15year old daughter was too old, but sent her on the go cart track next door whilst the youngest went on this.

Reviewed 23 December 2016 via mobile

Well worth the money even though it's not a long session. My kids really enjoyed this and it was a fun thing for them to do away from the beach and pools.

Reviewed 14 September 2016 via mobile

Wind stopped us from getting out on the water for a couple of days so the quads for kids was a life saver. Our 9 and 10yo boys had a ball. The instructor was very patient and explained things well. At $60 for the two kids it is also one of the more affordable activities on HI.

1  Thank MohPo
Reviewed 13 July 2016 via mobile

My 8y old daughter loves it. 30min of fun and sometimes crashing. Girl who was in charge was fantastic. Explained step by step, helped with equipment. Also you can use own go pro or similar but you need to set up. 30min of pure kid fun.

1  Thank celestynao
Reviewed 12 April 2016 via mobile

We have three kids 12,10,8
15 minutes of riding time is hardly worth heading out over there. My kids enjoyed it, but we wouldn't do it again.