“Great food and service. Worth finding (it is a bit out of the main city)”

The Greek On Halifax
Ranked #68 of 1,705 Restaurants in Adelaide
Cuisines: Greek, Mediterranean
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 16 April 2012

As a reasonably regular visitor, I have always found the service good, and food delicious. It is a little out of the way, and parking can be a problem. Take a taxi!

Reviewed 30 March 2012

A great selection of starters to share try the wedges and the meatballs. The specials board is always interesting and the servings generous. Love it here.

Reviewed 3 March 2012

My partner and I had our "first date" at this place, so it was a little special, and we developed a tradition of going on our anniversary, as well as every now and then with friends. We never made a big deal of it, but having a quiet dinner at the Greek was a nice thing for us to do on our anniversary.

I was always impressed with the food, the flavours are brilliant and the atmosphere is fantastic. The building that it is situated in has some interesting history and is a little different. Makes for a great dining experience.

A few months ago now, after dining with a group of friends (6 in total), we asked for the bill. One of my friends (who hadn't dined there before) asked if the waiter would accept the Entertainment Card. The waiter (clearly a new-ish employee) advised she didn't know and went to ask a staff member behind the bar.

The second staff member clearly wasn't aware that the table making the enquiry was so close by, as he was clearly heard to say "who do these people think they are with their ****-ing dining cards?" The fact that he clearly had some seniority within the restaurant and still had this attitude makes me wonder about the attitude of the staff and owners in general.

Needless to say, not a great experience and one that has tainted my view of the restaurant. The place is great, however there are plenty of top end places that accept these cards and a simply "no, we don't" would really have been sufficient.

The food is great, however the arrogance displayed has really stuck with me... I just WILL NOT come back.

Reviewed 29 February 2012

Food was ok but when you team it with poor service and not 1 but 3 hairs found in different dishes, you can't really say you enjoyed it!
When an embarrassed gues. Was dining with brought it to the restaurants attention the manager came out to have a look. Comforted by his look at the hair he exclaims, " oh that's ok it's just an eyelash."
I Can tell you I have never seen an eyelash that long and Mr manager, since when has an eyelash been ok anyway?
Nothing deducted from the bill at all, thus 10 people walked away laughing in amazement and knowing full well that none of us will be back.
Skip it and find another far better restaurant which takes pride in what they serve.

1  Thank KLS-0000
Reviewed 21 February 2012

Having never tried Greek food before, we decided to give it a try last weekend (and are so glad we did). Although unable to pronounce most of the items on the menu, the clear descriptions made it easy to decide what we would like and to order. We chose an eggplant and haloumi dish in a tomato passata style sauce and a tasting platter (which was huge). Then lamb cutlets with couscous (which consisted of 5 cutlets) and Morton Bay bugs (which was 5 bug halves and salad). For the price we were expecting much less than we received. All dishes were delicious and we were struggling to finish the last mouthfuls, adament we could not fit in dessert...... so anyhow, we shared a beautiful chocolate custard style dessert with a base of shredded pastry. I have no idea what it is called but if you see it on a menu, try it. It was devine and we fought over the last piece. We loved every mouthful of our meals and will definitely be going back again