Ambassadors Hotel
Pullman Adelaide(Adelaide)(Great Value!)
US$97
Pullman
  • Restaurant
Adabco Boutique Hotel(Adelaide)(Great Value!)
US$113
US$78
Ibis Adelaide(Adelaide)(Great Value!)
US$99
US$78
Hotels.com
  • Room Service
Hotel Grand Chancellor Adelaide(Adelaide)(Great Value!)
US$140
US$132
US$128
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
Miller Apartments Adelaide(Adelaide)(Great Value!)
US$134
US$103
Agoda.com
  • Fitness centre
Adina Apartment Hotel Adelaide Treasury(Adelaide)(Great Value!)
US$122
US$114
Hotels.com
Mayfair Hotel(Adelaide)(Great Value!)
US$153
US$147
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 September 2013

Yes, it's an old hotel. Yet, it is quirky. Yes, the lift is old and creaky and no matter where your room is you're going to end up going up and down stairs in a maze of corridors and you're going to get lost at least once. Yes, the rooms are old and the plumbing needs work. But, heck, when are you ever going to get to stay in an old city hotel with clean rooms, comfortable beds, 1920s decor, and a bar with a true colonial feel to it. Throw in self laundry, free WiFi, helpful staff (yes, they helped us with our luggage up and down those steps, gave change for the self laundry, and directed us to good nearby restaurants), and a genuinely warm room for a winter night (a rarity in Australian hotels) and this is not an opportunity that should be passed up. Isn't that what travel is all about?

Room Tip: The building is old so I'd ask for a room on the 2nd floor at the back. That's what we had and I'm basing this recommendation on the other reviews!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank WanderingLama
Reviewed 2 September 2013

Myself and my two friends stayed at this hotel a few weekends ago and did not know what to expect... Some of the reviews I read had me worried after I had already booked.

I am pleased to say the Ambassadors Hotel was a wonderful place to stay. From the moment we walked in the door we were greeted with amazing friendly staff who went above and beyond. On the first night staying in Adelaide I hurt my foot and the night staff attended to my needs swiftly and happily even though it was after midnight.

The hotel was drenched in charm and warmth, and our room was huge! It was very clean, warm and welcoming.

The "Old Lift" was great fun and in no way dangerous as read in a previous review, the Bar was so charming and full of character.

Breakfast is included daily, the tram is right outside the hotel as well as buses and everything is at walking distance.

The night bar staff were charming and even the owner came and chatted with us.

I have stayed at many hotels and resorts around the world and I would rate this as one of my faves. I loved the history that comes with a place.

Clean, Quaint, Charming and Fun!

Room Tip: We stayed in a Heritage Room which was really spacious with two rooms and a huge bathroom.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Bonnie R
Reviewed 16 August 2013

The plus was the tram stop to Glenelg right outside & that was probably the only plus..oh & the location & the staff were friendly. The beds were OK but the bathroom was awful & needed some money spent on it to upgrade. The rooms were just not clean - dust everywhere. It was also noisy at night - just general noise but noise nonetheless.
Wouldn't be staying here again which is a shame because it is a nice building & fantastic location

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank petas2013
Reviewed 2 August 2013

Old lift with two doors to manually open, was given a room on third floor but lift only goes to second floor so had to go up stairs,quality of room sub standard, bathroom not very inviting, food adequate
location excellent,

Room Tip: ask for first or second floor room
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Don T
Reviewed 15 July 2013

The actual beds were clean and comfortable but the bed head needs a good dusting as does the table lamp and phone. Bathroom was of a very poor standard. Expected things to be a bit average but bathroom definitely needs to be upgraded.

There was persistent noise through most of the night with traffic, bottles being disposed off, people walking by or standing outside smoking and talking.

I chose this hotel because of price and the convenient location to where I needed to attend to business.

Would possibly consider staying again, but would need to ask for an "inside" room where noise should be less of a problem

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Shirley W