“Value option”

Adelaide Meridien Hotel & Apartments
Ranked #19 of 56 Hotels in Adelaide
Reviewed 4 July 2014

The meridian is a value option if you are looking for a reasonable hotel in a good location ( north Adelaide ) the hole rooms are roomy if you stay in the executive suites. They are comfortable although some need a minor re make. The location is great , close to at least 10 restaurants and a short stroll to Adelaide parklands and Adelaide oval. Breakfast is good but there are better choices near by for dinner.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the road as it is a bit quieter
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank AM502014
There are newer reviews for Adelaide Meridien Hotel & Apartments

Reviewed 20 June 2014

I enjoyed my stay at the Meridien. The rooms woodwork and general fixtures were tired and needed attention, but it was as clean as it could possibly be. I liked having a small lounge area separate from the bedroom. The bed was extremely comfortable and I had a great night's sleep. Staff were friendly and helpful. Well located to Adelaide CBD, secure parking and very reasonable rates. Couldn't ask for more!

Room Tip: If you have mobility issues then best to ask for a room nearer the lifts as there is a long corridor...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Nan B
Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

One of the staff name Paula. She wasn't suitable to work in a hospitality industry. She is not friendly at all & have an attitude. It seems that she got annoyed when I asked for a favour. She asked me if I took anything from the minibar, and when I said no, she doesn't believe me and have to ask me again with her eyes rolled.
My balcony door can't be locked. I asked to be fixed because we left stuff in the room. I know this is Australia but I'm worried someone can come in from the balcony. We on 1st floor. The way she said it will be fine, but with attitude. I insist, and she said someone will lock it tomorrow. We stayed for 2 night, and it wasn't fixed until we check out. Because of that, I was skeptical when the cab hasn't arrived when usually they 10 min early. Everything that I asked has been ignored. I asked her & she said cab will be here (again with attitude) & when the cab is arrived, she shout from the counter, "see, I told you".

• Stayed: June 2014
8  Thank Mr-and-Mrs-Mack
Reviewed 12 June 2014

The location of this hotel is excellent, free parking and comfortable rooms. The onsite café presents good pizzas from room service.Good tv channels, bathrobes and pretty clean rooms to. Only suggestion would be coffee/side table for the lounge/sofa.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank justin c
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The apartments are large and very comfortable. Walking distance to numerous restaurants. Staff are very friendly. Easy parking off street. They have a happy hour which is excellent before dinner.
Meals are excellent and well priced. Convenient to the city CBD by bus, taxi or walk (20 minutes).
The walk is very relaxing through the park lands..
Excellent for families. Very reasonable tariffs.

Room Tip: All rooms seem OK. Upstairs not facing Melbourne street maybe an advantage. But generally quiet afte...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Chris K
Manager2139, General Manager at Adelaide Meridien Hotel & Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Hi Chris. I appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback and it’s great you enjoyed your recent stay with us. Our team appreciated your kind comments and the hotel looks forward to welcoming you back.
Kind regards,
Fiona Hehir

Reviewed 7 May 2014

This property is in a great location if you want to be near the city. We came over for the football and it was easy to walk to the game from here along the river which was an easy and lovely walk.
The hotel has bikes for use, free of charge, and there are plenty of good places to ride.

Melbourne Street provides a wealth of eating opportunities and two good pubs, the Lion and the Lord Melbourne.

Although a little tired this hotel is still great value and the staff incredibly helpful.

Room Tip: We stayed on the second floor and that was OK?
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank John W
Manager2139, General Manager at Adelaide Meridien Hotel & Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

Thank you for telling us about your experience at the Adelaide Meridien. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and our location. Since you were here for the football I hope you enjoyed your experience at the Adelaide Oval as well. I will ensure your kind words are shared with everyone on the team. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future

Reviewed 25 April 2014

Stayed in a one bed apartment during Easter weekend and was very happy with the location, which is right in North Adelaide surrounded by cafes and entertainment areas. Although the hotel is a bit dated and could do with a major updating the facilities are spacious and very clean. We had a room at the back which was very quiet and had a very small balcony but at least we could get fresh air instead of using air conditioning. The staff were very accommodating when we wished to change our allocated room to a higher floor at the back.
The best features of this hotel was the location, the size of the rooms/apartment and the overall comfort of our stay. Would definitely stay again if in Adelaide.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back may be quieter but there is no major noise problems in the area.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Manager2139, General Manager at Adelaide Meridien Hotel & Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

We love to hear from our guests, so thank you for taking the time to review your stay. It was lovely to hear our hotel team extended their warm hospitality to you and were able to accommodate your request for a higher floor. Although we don't have any major refurbishing projects scheduled we are still in the process of scheduling the last few rooms to be recarpeted and then have plans to add some basic cooking facilities to a few more of our standard rooms as we are getting more requests for this facility. We will then use reviews such as yours and a number of suggestions we receive on our guest comment cards to decide on our next project to try an ensure our guests have a comfortable stay.
Thanks once again for adding your feedback and we hope to see you back at the Meridien one day soon.
Regards,