1,471 results
All reviews hindley street break free washing machine rundle mall two bedroom apartment public transport self contained car parking walking distance full kitchen laundry facilities a great place to stay small balcony convenient location free bus short stay per night
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Rooms are small and you coudl hear nosie from teh adjoining rooms and even those above you when those cooupants walked around their room.
The rooms are servcioed daily whiel youb stay there but tehy will do so for $30per day which I find a bit expensive. having said that they provided enough towels for oen person to last 2 days.
Althouigh not the hotels fault there is roadworks going on out the front of the hotel and down the street which means machinery noise starts early.
Also if you have a car roadworks imapcts access as at moment is one way down Hindley St

Room Tip: Ask if roadworks are still occuriing when you enquire about a booking.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Amy N, General Manager at BreakFree Adelaide, responded to this reviewResponded 4 May 2014

Dear Peter S,

Thank you for taking the time to review Breakfree Adelaide on Trip Advisor.

I have been informed that the roadworks should be completed by mid May, after this Hindley street will have a relaxed boulevard feel.

The daily service fee only applies to our "Eco rate" this means that our guests can save money on their accomodation if they dont want the room serviced daily. However, we do also have inclusive rates available where you wont be charged for a daily service.

Reviewed 19 April 2014

Had a two bedroom, roomy apartment. It was clean and had all the facilities including a washing machine and drier. We had a very small balcony that looked over to a brick wall and narrow lane. Some apartments had a larger balcony overlooking the courtyard with table and chairs. There are a lot of apartments there, the first floor is the garage at A$15/night.to leave your car there. So you had to go up in a lift or stairs to actually get to the apartments. You could get washing powder at the reception for $1.There was no room for two large suitcases in the main bedroom. The usual supply of food in the fridge for a cost. Adelaide appears to be on the direct flight path of the aerodrome so you can hear the rumble of planes at 6 in the morning, otherwise noise wasn't too much of a problem but then we weren't there over the weekend. Adelaide has free trams around the inner city. Every tram is free as long as you stick to the inner route. You had to walk a block away to catch the trams. It was a 10min walk to the Rundle mall where there were two food courts and a supermarket. Next door to the apartment was an Indian restaurant which was a byo.

Room Tip: If you are wishing for a balcony with tables and chairs looking over the courtyard you need to ask .
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ragdoll5
Amy N, General Manager at BreakFree Adelaide, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Dear Ragdoll5

Thank you for taking the time to review Breakfree Adelaide on Tripadvisor.

As you mention, the apartments are spacious and have a washing machine and clothes dryer. I'm glad that you found the hotel to be good value for money and were able to make use of the free trams nearby.

If you return to Adelaide in the future, I hope you chose to stay at Breakfree Adelaide again.

Reviewed 13 April 2014

Although we could have received a full refund for the hotel costs after the Rolling Stones concert was postponed, my friends and I still travelled from Qld. to Adelaide.
We booked a 2 bedroom Apartment between 3 ladies. The second bedroom is rather small for 2 adults to share and only has a fan ..no aircon. The master bedroom had an extra little balcony but no chair.The noise from the street was very annoying on our first night but thank goodness the 2nd night was cooler and we could shut the windows.
The kitchen is well equipped for those who like to do some cooking. Bathroom is clean but small. The living area is probably the most spacious of all the rooms. There's a balcony with a table and 2 chairs where I liked to sit and watch people on the street....
Check in was quick. The staff very friendly. The BreakFree is close to Rundle Mall the centre of the city and some attractions.
I booked 3 nights online (hotelclub.com) and of course the prices were enormously inflated as everyone tried to make big bucks for the visit of the Rolling Stones. The fourth night was booked through the hotel directly and when I mentioned at check out how much we had paid they gave us the extra night for roughly half price. We thought this a nice gesture although I think it was justified.
The Italian place across the road serves delicious pizzas and they deliver to your room should you wish to.
All in all it was a pleasant stay and I have already made a booking just for myself when the Stones come back in October.

Room Tip: I believe there are rooms facing the courtyard not the street which would be quieter.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Anitafromoz2010
Amy N, General Manager at BreakFree Adelaide, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

Dear Candleladyqld,

Thank you for reviewing Breakfree Adelaide!

Its good to hear that you still managed to have a weekend away despite the cancellation of the Stones concert!!

If you would like to contact me directly on amy.nazar@breakfree.com.au i will make sure that you have stay in a courtyard facing room when you return in October.

Reviewed 4 April 2014

This is the second time I have stayed at Breakfree Adelaide in the last year and I just want to add another review to affirm the consistency of the service and value for money @ $130 a night for four nights. Those small touches like an upgrade on arrival make you want to come back. The upgrade I received this time was to a larger, 2 bed apartment on the top floor. I liked the extra space, but again the bed was comfortable, and everything was clean. I quite the location despite the potential for a bit of pub noise. The range of cafes and restaurants nearby is also quite good.

Room Tip: Try to avoid rooms facing Hindley Street to avoid the pub noise.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear Conatus,

Thank you for taking the time to review Breakfree Adelaide!

I'm glad that you find our excellent service and value for money consistent. I look forward to welcoming you back when you next return to Adelaide.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

We stayed at Breakfree Hindley in a studio apartment for 6 nights. We like the closeness to Adelaides shops and the central markets. The kitchen/laundry was handy. Great shower. Staff happy and helpful.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Dear bruceandfaye,

Thank your for reviewing Breakfree Adelaide.

Its good to hear that you enjoyed your stay and particulary liked the friendly service and kitchen/laundry.

By the title of your post it sounds like you were one of the many affected by the cancellation of the Rolling Stones concert! I have been informed today that the concert has been rescheduled for the 25th October. If you are returning to Adelaide we look forward to welcoming you back.