1,441 results
All reviewshindley streetbreak freewashing machinerundle malltwo bedroom apartmentpublic transportself containedcar parkingwalking distancefull kitchenlaundry facilitiesa great place to staysmall balconyconvenient locationshort stayfree busper night
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Could do with a refurbishment. Very noisy in the early hours of the morning. Too far to walk to the city center if you are elderly. I would give it a miss. The only good thing was it was close to a pub just around the corner that served great meals for ten dollars.

1  Thank katyscon
Amy N, General Manager at BreakFree Adelaide, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Dear Katyscon,

Thank you for the very valid points you raised in your review of Breakfree Adelaide.

I am happy to say that we are currently in the process of establishing a refurbishment plan for all the rooms at Breakfree Adelaide. Also, I hope that you were able to make use of the tram that travels right through the city centre, The tram stop is a short distance from the hotel and, best of all, it's free.

Thank you for taking the time to review Breakfree Adelaide on Trip Advisor.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Reasonable value for this type of accomodation. A little small and the bathroom needing a bit of work but good price for a few nights that we stayed. No close supermarket but not far to walk into Rundle Mall. Walking distance to to many things at that end of town.

Dear Trevor W

Thank you for taking the time to review Breakfree Adelaide on Tripadvisor.

Its good to hear that you found the value to be reasonable.

I hope that you were able to make use of the tram service in Adelaide. The tram stop is a very short distance from the hotel and takes you to Rundle Mall. Best of all its free!

I hope to welcome you back to Breakfree Adelaide in the future.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

My family & I stayed for 2 weeks at Breakfree Adelaide over the Easter holidays. If we had not pre-paid for this hotel (hotel was recommended by Harvey World of Travel in Richmond) we would not have got out of the taxi upon arrival from the airport. The only decent thing about this hotel was the hotel staff, especially those staff on the front desk. The hotel appears to have a policy of allowing (possibly encouraging) large groups of males in each of the rooms. Above us we had 6 very loud/noisy youths, the noise went on for hours/days. Complaints from us directly to the boys & then eventually via reception had no affect. Admittedly we were informed that the hotel would be hiring extra security staff to deal with the rampaging youths that were running all over the hotel. The hotel literature refers to the surrounding area as "vibrant West End", we think a more realistic reference would be "sleazy/druggie/prostitute Kings Cross" & it's strange how they omitted to mention the Prison which was a couple of meters from our balcony.
This hotel is not suitable for families & should not be advertised as one.
On our return home we contacted our travel agent, Harvey World of Travel in Richmond to express our concerns (in 30 years of travel I have never been so angry/disappointed with a holiday) & the correspondence back from the owner/operator Tim Dunnill - pathetic.
DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL!

Room Tip: For a good room choose a different hotel.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Hamilton96
Amy N, General Manager at BreakFree Adelaide, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Dear Hamilton96

Thank you for your feedback. I understand where you are coming from however, as mentioned in previous correspondence to you we are not situated near any strip clubs, in fact we are opposite the University of South Australia.

I thank you for your comment regarding our staff, especially those on front desk. It highlights our desire to ensure our guests enjoy their stay which is why we offered to move you to another room that was quiet, but I do apologise that other guests disturbed your sleep.

Once again, thank you for your feedback. We value the constructive feedback that we receive from our guests by expressing their opinions both positive and negative

Reviewed 20 May 2014

I suspect if you got given a room that was in a better position than the one we stayed in then it would probably be a pretty decent place to stay given its location.

The room we were in however, which was located on the one of the side streets with a quite a large brick building opposite, was pretty ordinary. I wasn’t staying there for a view so that didn’t bother me aside from the fact that it meant virtually no natural light got into the room and it had to be the darkest room I’ve ever stayed in! There was also a very stale smell to the room which hit you as soon as you walked in.

The bathroom wasn’t great either, no window or fan meant it was moulding a bit and the setup of the shower meant it was virtually impossible not to flood the bathroom when showering.

Having said all that it served its purpose for us as we were there for a boozy weekend and was very cheap for where it is located. If you are after a bit more luxury though I wouldn’t stay here.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank ajenks02
Amy N, General Manager at BreakFree Adelaide, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2014

Dear ajenks02

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at Breakfree Adelaide.

I can assure you that I will take your comments seriously and thoroughly investigate the matter.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

The rooms are adequate but a little on the small side. Very quiet which may have been due to us facing the courtyard. Roadworks on Hindley Street cause a minor disruption. Not many restaurants close by as most are at the other end of town & Chinatown but it is a nice walk of if one doesn't feel like walking there are free trams and buses 100 yards away.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Amy N, General Manager at BreakFree Adelaide, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Dear Murray61

I apologise that the roadworks on Hindley street caused you a minor disruption. I have been advised that they will be completed quite soon. The street is already looking amazing!

It is great to hear that you found Breakfree Adelaide to be very quiet and I'm glad that you found the hotel to be good value for money.

I hope that you choose to stay at Breakfree Adelaide again in the future.