“Best Satay Sauce in the World, Best Eatery in Adelaide”
Review of Vegetarian Garden - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Vegetarian Garden
UnderTheStairs
“Best Satay Sauce in the World, Best Eatery in Adelaide”
Reviewed 26 August 2008

I noticed there is no review for Vegetarian Garden on here, which is a terrible thing. If any vegetarians are to visit my home town of Adelaide, I would be doing them a major disservice in failing to bring this restaurant to their attention. Quite simply one of the best restaurants in Adelaide, and responsible for the best peanut satay sauce I have tried anywhere in the world. I have introduced many meat-eaters and non meat-eaters to this place, and many are addicted to at least one of the many great dishes they serve. I myself used to go everyday for lunch, due to the quality of the food, the value for money and the convenient central location. The restaurant may look like anything but the gem that it is, and one would be forgiven for mistaking it as part of a dodgy food court, but where the decor may not be the best the food certainly is. Last time I ate there (admittedly over a year ago as I now reside approximately 16000 km away) they still had the combination special for £6.50 with rice, noodles, or fried rice plus three choices from the fixed menu. Add a dollar and get a spring roll just so you can try the satay sauce, although the owners are so friendly they will probably just put a little on your rice anyway if you ask nicely. I've never heard a complaint about this place from anyone. I'm getting sick of writing now, but I am more than willing to answer any questions anyone may have, just email me if you want. But, yeah, only a fool would leave Adelaide without trying it once. The truth is when people ask me if I get homesick, this is the only place I get nostalgic about and really miss because I'm not sure that I'll get the same quality anywhere. For the record, I recommend the spicy eggplant dish, the deep-fried cauliflowers (go the satay sauce!) and the curry, which is a beautiful light Chinese curry with soft floury potatoes, melt-in-the-mouth carrots and the best gluten I've ever tasted. Can't say enough good things about the joint, so get in there and try it. If you don't, or can't, believe how good it is, open a thread in the forum and ask people if they've eaten there, I'm sure they'll all agree with me when I say it's some of the best food in Adelaide.

5 Thank xjesusx