“Wow! The locals were right on this one!”

Haigh's Chocolates Beehive Corner
Book In Advance
More Info
US$52.97*
and up
Adelaide City Tour with Optional River Cruise and...
Ranked #5 of 57 Shopping in Adelaide
More attraction details
Owner description: Haigh’s original retail store, established in 1915 in Adelaide’s historic Beehive Corner building right on the corner of Rundle Mall and King William Street. Conveniently located in the centre of the shopping district, the store is just a few minutes walk from major hotels, the Convention Centre, Festival Centre and railway station.
Reviewed 10 March 2014 via mobile

Our friend and tour guide spoke really highly of the chocolates. And one of the sales girls at a jewelry store in the Strand spoke really highly of this place and should get a commission on my purchase. My friend told me to buy the Caramel eggs, the dark chocolate frogs, dark speckles and the dark chocolate marshmallow squares. I should have bought a case of marshmallow squares because they are to die for. All of the chocolate is fantastic but the marshmallow squares are heaven. I bought quite a bit and should have tried it before I left and bought even more. I purchased the truffle mixed box for my mum (hopefully she'll love it as much as we have). I may have to see if they will ship to us in Texas. It is that good. And I'm not really a chocolate lover. But the dark chocolate is to die for and lives up to everything everyone told us.

1  Thank BigH73
"king william street"
"adelaide central markets"
"fruit"

Reviewed 27 December 2013

On our most recent trip to Adelaide I booked a tour of the Haighs chocolate factory. Great tour, the guide was very informative, funny and gave out heaps of chocolates. Loved the tour of the factory. Especially loved the discount that we received on our purchases simply for taking the free tour. Armed with a very long list of Christmas gift wishes we were very impressed with the service provided from the shop. Can recommend making the tiramisu from the recipe cards. Was a huge hit for Christmas dinner. We love Haighs chocolates. Top quality only equalled by the service.

1  Thank Relal
Reviewed 20 December 2013

0 friends

Paul A.

Sydney New South Wales

1.0 star rating
9/12/2013
1 photo
If you want chocolate coated nuts with maggots inside this Christmas you must try Haighs. Their maggots alive and breathing may be found in Almonds, Macadamias or Hazelnuts.

I was UNLUCKY enough to bite through one in my almond bag.
Disgusting experience NEVER EVER again will I ever go near HAIGHS SHOPS.

The Problem they have is that they make their products and store them up to 8 months in advance.

Shame on you Haighs for such bad products.
Tell your friends tell your enemies. TELL ALL
HAIGHS HAS MAGGOTS IN THEIR CHOCOLATE.

6  Thank paul l
Reviewed 2 December 2013 via mobile

Haigh's on Rundel is a beautiful shop for chocoholics. The products are of very high quality. Give yourself a treat and get some of the hand made chocolate truffles. The hand made chocolates also make excellent gifts as they are packed in very nice presentation boxes. The staff are very friendly and helpful too. The pricing is a little expensive, but you are getting a premium product. Haigh's have won several awards from the chocolate industry for its outstanding products. Its nice to just even walk in the shop, as the decor reminds one of a 19th century store. Very traditional.

1  Thank BILLYazid
See more reviews
Reviewed 19 November 2013

Haigh's chocolates are an Adelaide institution.

Since 1915, the Haigh's family have been producing chocolate, still making it starting with the raw cocoa beans.

Their products are regarded as being of high quality. Also, over the years, they have developed several uniquely Australian themed products.

This shop is interesting to visit if you want to buy some of their products.

If you're visiting Adelaide, may I suggest you consider visiting their factory, which is located just south of the city. While you're there, you can see how they make the chocolate- literally from scratch. Their tours are free of charge, but you do need to make a booking- check their website for details.

1  Thank adelaidiantraveller