“Travel Agent Loves Mantra on Frome”
Review of Mantra on Frome

Mantra on Frome
Ranked #16 of 56 Hotels in Adelaide
Reviewed 17 September 2012

I work as a travel agent and have stayed in many properties in Adelaide and around the world. This was my 2nd stay at this property and again it has exceeded my expectations. I love the service, always friendly and so helpful.
I stayed in the 2 bedroom apartment. The facilities are fantastic and I had great views from my bedroom balcony. Beds are lovely and comfortable. Great for families, couples and the business traveler.
Very centrally located to the city and walking distance to the Rundle Street area, where there is load of restaurants and shops to choose from. Close to public transport. Onsite parking.

What can I say as a travel agent I am more than happy to recommend my customers this property and know that they will be as happy as I am with this property and know they will get amazing service.

Well done Mantra, you make my decisions to recommend a property easy.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
Daniel A, General Manager at Mantra on Frome, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2012

Dear Monique1731,

Thank you for your feedback about your stay at Mantra on Frome. I am so pleased that we met your expectations and you found our attention to detail pleasing during your stay. We really appreciate the feedback given and I look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 16 September 2012

Three blocks one way to shopping mall for essentials, two blocks the other way to the big restaurant district, which has some really good restaurants in it.

The room itself is more european than some of the other Mantra's I've been in, kind of small, but effective layout, good heating/cooling, although it blows directly in your nose when it turns on.

My only criticism is "no lobby to speak of".

For business it was quite ok. For a couples holiday it would rock. Lots of places to go play.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Daniel A, General Manager at Mantra on Frome, responded to this reviewResponded 18 September 2012

Dear Mr retired_old_jj ,

Thank you for your review. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us at Mantra on Frome. It always pleases me to hear that you found our service levels to your expectations. I would also like to thank you for your feedback. We will be looking to upgrade the entrance area within the next 12 months to try and create a more pleasant ambiance upon check in.

Reviewed 10 September 2012

The Mantra on Frome was the ideal spot for an amazing couples getaway. The staff were incredibly friendly and always happy to help, whilst the accommodation proved to be more than ample with clean and fresh surroundings, plenty of balconies and a cosy corner spot. It provided the central location which allowed us the choice to head into Adelaide's hottest spots, providing a close vicinity without the need for cabs or other transport.

A very memorable stay, with a very affordable price tag given the great location - highly recommended!!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Daniel A, General Manager at Mantra on Frome, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2012

Dear Alex,

Thank you for your glowing review about your stay at Mantra on Frome. We do pride ourselves on our service and I am pleased that you found all the staff so helpful. It is always nice to hear positive feedback like this and I will ensure to pass it onto all the staff that were involved. We look forward to welcoming you both back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 4 August 2012

We stayed at The Mantra On Frome for 8 nights as we were in Adelaide on a sporting holiday. When we got there we were put into a 2 bedroom apartment which was very nice, however there was no ensuite and the sink was barely large enough to wash your hands. The staff were all very accommodating and went out of their way to help us as I assured them when I booked I had specifically said we needed an ensuite and balcony.So the very next day they were kind enough to move us and we were actually moved into a 3 bedroom apartment, as they said they are the only rooms they have in the hotel that have ensuites .
We were extremely happy UNTIL I was out with friends at the sporting event and I received a phone call from the Manager who asked me if everything was ok?, well I thought that was nice until he said " I have read notes about you!!!... and you have tried to get a refund before I see?"... well what actually happened was when I made and had paid for the booking I rang and made sure that we had a balcony, after reading reviews that their balconies were not to be used because of maintenance... and the man I spoke to said to me that there were no balconies in use, so I said that we must have a balcony so can I please get a refund so we can book elsewhere... he said sorry no refunds on prepaid, but we can put you on the 1st floor because they have use of a balcony... I said that is fine as long as we have a balcony AND an ensuite... he assured me we did!!!....so to suggest I had "tried this on before" was very insulting to say the least!!....we also paid $15 per night for parking and there was not 1 night that we didn't have to go to reception to say there were no spaces left!... apparently the restaurant uses them as they please!...1 night the girl said just park in a reserved 1 because she didn't know what else to do!..the next morning we had a terrible note left on our car from the car space owner......so for those 2 reasons, 1 being the rude manager and the second being their ridiculous parking arrangements... I would never stay there again!!....oh and the dishwasher was broken there were major dents in the plaster and someone had what looked like punched the living daylights out of the fridge... so if the reply is we got upgraded to a 3 bedroom so I should be grateful... well sorry but what we paid , we should have been put in the 3 bedroom, it was very expensive

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a room that isn't facing Grenfell, otherwise you will be up all Friday/ Sa...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Annelikestotravel
Daniel A, General Manager at Mantra on Frome, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2012

Dear Anne,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay at Mantra on Frome. It pleases me to hear that you found our service levels from the reception staff to your expectations; however it disappoints me to hear of some of the other issues that occurred throughout your stay.

I do invite you to contact me directly if you would like to discuss your issues in more detail. Otherwise we look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel, if you choose to stay with us again.

Reviewed 2 August 2012

Stayed at the Mantra while in Adelaide for work. My colleague and I arrived late at night and were greeted by a very happy and helpful desk clerk. When I checked out the next morning I was greated by a different yet equally happy and helpful clerk. Staff and service is a definate plus for this hotel.

The Mantra is a apartment style hotel about 1 block back from the heart of Adelaide's CBD. Location is great, you can walk to the Mall in about 5 minutes.

Room was pleasant and fairly comfortable. Only issues I had where that when I arrived the thermostat was set at 17 Degrees so room was freezing and took a long time to warm up. Also the window in bedroom didn't seem to seal properly so cold air coming in most of night.

The bathroom was also a bit dated and could do with a refresh.

Otherwise a very nice hotel that met my needs. Will stay here again when in Adelaide for business.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
Daniel A, General Manager at Mantra on Frome, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2012

Dear Vaino,

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us at Mantra on Frome and it pleases me to hear that you found our service levels from reception up to your expectations. It's really great to hear that the staff are happy and welcoming throughout their shifts. I also appreciate the feedback in regards to the air-conditioning; I have passed this information on.

Reviewed 30 July 2012

Good points
- comfortable room in a central quieter location.
- close to central district, shops transport and restaurants
- good bed & television - slept well - to me it was quiet, but it was mid winter (cold and wet), so only the hardy were outside.
- room was cleaned and tidied well every day

Less than good points
- Internet access is very expensive - was there on holidays, but needed business access. Purchased week access which was capped at 2 gb with slowing at 1gb. The slowing was very slow. To purchased the extra gb at full speed was double the price of the first 1gb. Not for the business traveler - would make a one night stay equivalent to a full service better hotel with full facilities.
- No safe in room - not for international travelers
- No bench for bag in room - storage of suitcase on floor is pretty average - asked for a fold up suitcase support - none available - not for older travelers, who don't like bending down
- No drawers for clothing in room - not for couples
- Access to hanging area was away from bedroom - a bit inconvenient
- For some reason they have limited access to Free to Air Digital television remote controls. Remote for TV had to be obtained from Reception - Not much of a choice on paid television. could not read the text on that remote control anyway - well worn remote control
- The fire alarm drill went off one morning - no warning, no tannoy announcement, nothing (I was about to head for Fire Escape) - not for nervous travelers.
- no floor security - walk straight through reception into the lifts and up to someones floor - check if this has been fixed before you book

This is an average hotel at an average price - maybe ok for a short stay of one or two nights.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo

Dear Mr C Radmac

Thank you for your recent feedback regarding your stay with us at Mantra on Frome. Although it is good to hear some positive points, it also disappoints me to hear some of the issues that occurred throughout your stay. I would like to inform you that we have recently installed new key readers in the lifts to increase our security; plus we will also be installing a new wireless network throughout the property in September.

In regards to your other issues I do invite you to contact me directly if you would like to discuss in more detail. Otherwise I look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel, if you choose to stay with us again.

daniel.ap-thomas@mantra.com.au

Reviewed 25 July 2012

We enjoyed our stay at the Mantra on Frome. We had a 2 bedroom apartment between 4 of us costing us approx $60.00 each for the night. We all live 30km+ from the city and the thought of getting a cab is daunting sometimes from availability to cost factor. This made for a relaxing girls catch up.

Great location in the east end near all the restaurants and bars.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends

Dear Ms S Watchman,

Thank you for your review. I am gald that you and your friends enjoyed your stay with us at Mantra on Frome and it pleases me to hear that you found a great place to stay when you come to City.