“Great stay great location”
Review of Mantra on Frome

Mantra on Frome
Ranked #16 of 56 Hotels in Adelaide
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights over Easter. Booked last minute as we drove into Adelaide. We booked a studio apartment for 2 nights at $166 a night including parking. Checked in room was great for a couple very fresh and modern. Good for a few nights might be a bit small for a week. Bathroom was roomy and had everything you need not as modern as the room. Great location right on the main drag of Rundle mall and street but very quite for a goods night sleep. Creina at reception was fantastic giving us direction on the best restaurants and places to see.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Daniel A, General Manager at Mantra on Frome, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Dear TheBigCM

Thank you for your glowing review about your stay in one of our Mantra studios. Appreciate the additional photos to our portfolio; they give a great indication of the size of the Studio rooms. I’d also like to thank you for the feedback in regards to my staff, it is always nice to hear that they are so friendly and helpful. I’m glad we were close to all your needs and hope we have an opportunity to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 20 April 2014

Traveling with 4 adults, we booked the family room. Rooms were clean and spacious with kitchenette and laundry area.
Walking distance to Rundle mall. Free internet in front of the reception, brochures and maps available.

Drawback was the kitchenette only provided with 1 pot and 1 pan. And too small!
We came from Victor Harbor, and we still had a bag of pipis. Took me some time to cook all of them.

But overall, comfortable place to stay. Definitely will stay here again!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Dear Karyn88,

Thank you for your positive feedback about your stay at Mantra on Frome, it’s always great to hear. I would also like to thank you for your feedback in relation to the items in the kitchen. Please note that we are more than happy to supply you with a range of items upon request. Also please feel free to call us anytime and discuss your room configuration you require as we have a range of 2 bedroom apartments that would suit your needs.

My team and I look forward to welcoming you back next time your down in Adelaide

Reviewed 28 March 2014

We travelled to Adelaide to see the Rolling Stones but they cancelled their concert. We decided to continue our stay seeing as we had never visited Adelaide before. The lady who checked us in was very friendly and helpful. We were upgraded to a 2 bed apartment. The room was great, really spacious with lots of balconies. The room was also clean. The location was excellent, near to Rundle Mall where many of the restaurants and bars are. The only downside was one guest room had a loud party on the Saturday night. This is not the hotels fault, I didn't complain (although I wish I had as at 5am, the party was still going). Overall, it was a good stay and will most likely stay here again when the Rolling stones hopefully reschedule their concert later in the year.

• Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank Stephmacmillan

Dear Stephmacmillan,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay. Please accept my apologies in regards to the Rolling Stones Concert; it was disappointing for many fans. If you choose to stay again when they announce the dates, please let it be known so we can fulfil your request. I look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 19 March 2014

My BFF and I had a girlie night out, and chose the Mantra on Frome. We were met at the hotel by amazingly friendly staff, who couldn't do enough to make us feel at home. They upgraded us to a 2 bedroom suite - as they knew we had a BIG night planned!! The suite was gorgeous - clean and modern with amenities all provided. Location was absolutely perfect for us - right in the heart of all the action. We can't say enough about the staff - everyone was super friendly, from reception, to housekeeping and the General Manager, Daniel. Customer service is something that I value above all else - and these guys deserve all the recognition they can get. Thanks guys - we will be back for our next BIG night out!!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Daniel A, General Manager at Mantra on Frome, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2014

Dear KristieWilkins

Thank you for your glowing review about your stay at Mantra on Frome. I’m so glad you guys liked the upgrade. It so nice to hear that my staff are friendly / happy and helpful, it sounds like we are on the right track which is great. I personally look forward to welcoming you both back on your next big night out.

Reviewed 18 March 2014

We stayed for a Saturday and Sunday night and the studio apartment was fantastic - clean, spacious, classy fit-out and colour scheme, well appointed with good bed, sofa and coffee table, TV, table and 2 chairs, a good bathroom and kitchenette (microwave and fridge + sink but not full stove). Its position is fantastic, right in the trendy/arty East End, full of restaurants, cafes, good shops, two cinemas, clubs and pubs. Also near the universities and a quick walk to Rundle Mall, the Festival Centre, etc. We were there for last weekend of the Adelaide Festival and Fringe, yet there was virtually no street noise inside. The staff were great - welcoming and helpful. I'd definitely say gay-friendly. Also great for us as there is great value onsite parking.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Dear KokoTT12,

Thank you for your glowing review about your recent stay at Mantra on Frome. It is always nice to hear positive feedback like this and I will ensure to pass it onto all the staff involved. It is also great to hear that we were located close to all your requirements.

Reviewed 24 February 2014

I stayed at the Mantra on Frome while on a personal trip to Adelaide. I found it on Tripadvisor and liked its relatively central location and the positive comments in previous reviews. The hotel was indeed very nice: it looks to have been renovated fairly recently, and the rooms are very nicely decorated and kept very clean. To my surprise, although my room was just above the hotel's restaurant, which played music until late, I heard no sound from it and was able to sleep well. I have to join the chorus of boos regarding the hotel's internet charges. I can understand the hotel charging extra for users who download over a certain amount, but I would have expected that a certain amount of bandwidth would be included in the room price automatically.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank DRByul
Daniel A, General Manager at Mantra on Frome, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2014

Dear drbMontreal,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at Mantra on Frome. It’s great to hear that you booked your accommodation on the positive feedback from trip advisor, especially when we are located in the close proximity to all your requirements.

I would like to apologise for the Wifi charges, but please note that these charges are not hotel specific, we do offer a 1 GB usage for the $10 for future references – plus we offer free Wifi service in the foyer of the hotel which is accessible for all guests.

On behalf of the team at Frome we look forward to welcoming you back next time you’re in Adelaide.

Reviewed 18 February 2014

We stayed here for the Bruce Springsteen concert. We were met by very friendly/happy & helpful staff. Our 3 bedroom apartment was clean, big & very comfortable.
We will definitely be back. Customer goes a long way and in the busy lifestyle these days, I was very impressed. We will be back.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Leonie W

Thank you for your glowing review about your stay at Mantra on Frome. I’m so glad you liked our 3 bedroom apartments, the views are amazing and these rooms are spacious. It is also nice to hear that my staff are so friendly / happy and helpful, it sounds like we are on the right track which is great. I personally look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.