“Palpable Passion”

Experience Tours SA
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Experience Tours SA is proudly run by Mum and Dad Tours, and is the absolute best way to see Adelaide's fabulous surrounding regions. With four great destinations choose from, a private and dedicated guide to make your day the best possible, and options to pump up your experience to the max, you will not be left disappointed. Enjoy the tastes of the Barossa Valley, soak up the rich flavours of the Adelaide Hills, unearth the hidden delights of the Fleurieu Peninsula or discover a new world on the Murray River. Whatever your tastes, we've got you covered, and for that little bit of extra adventure you can book a regional experience with us and we will cater your day around your choice and your interests to ensure everything suits your needs.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 30 September 2017

As tour operator myself, I was keen to see how Mark ran his business and then an opportunity came up through The Adelaide Hills Visitor Information Centre to go on one of his tours so I jumped at the opportunity. It's great to see someone who has as much passion as I do. He is a hands on kind of guy, none of this standing back and polishing imaginary spots, he's right in there with you. Going to Grange Burge wines was special as was our lunch destination at Barossa Valley Brewing, but the highlight for me was going to see the amazingly restored on pipe organ, which originally was in the Adelaide Town Hall. Also going to the only surviving nine pin bowls Kegel Club in Tanunda was fun.I won't have any trouble recommending his tour company while working at the Visitor Information Centre.

Mark B, Owner at Experience Tours SA, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2017

Hi Jeanne,

It's great to hear you had a fantastic day and I'm thoroughly pumped I could impress such a touch critic as a fellow guide ;)
Thanks for coming along, it was great to have had you on board.

All reviews
in 4 reviews
"cube"
"pace"

Reviewed 30 September 2017

Mark is a doll. He is not only knowledgeable, but personable and entertaining. I was so lucky to catch the tour of the Fleurieu peninsula mid-week and it was me and only one other person. I was SO glad that he didn't cancel on me. I had very little time to see the area and I would not have had the chance to make other arrangements. It is probably not a big thing for Aussies, but Mark did something very special for me and took me to see Aussie animals - which was not on the schedule. (He also pointed out a wild koala with a baby at one of the tour stops which was great all by itself!) Once I got to Australia, I realized that I did not leave time for visiting a zoo or a wildlife facility. I was bemoaning this fact to Mark and he changed the afternoon tour to include a wildlife area with Kangaroos, emus, koalas, fantastic birds. I FED A KANGAROO!!! I know this sounds corny, but I loved it. These guys were tame and I was so happy petting them. That and petting koalas. This tour was highlight of our trip to Australia!! THANKS, Mark!!

Thanks so much for your wonderful words, I'm truly very happy you had such a great day. It was fantastic to meet you and show you around our beautiful state. It's just too bad your husband missed out :)
You're welcome back anytime.

Reviewed 28 September 2017

I really enjoyed the full day tour of the Fleurieu Peninsula. There were so many photo opportunities.

Hi Meg,

Thanks for coming, I loved your photos, absolutely tops, keep up the good work :)

Reviewed 28 September 2017

Myself and a few of my fellow volunteers joined Mark's Barossa Valley tour and experienced first hand what this great business has to offer their customers. As Volunteers our job is to advise tourists on what is on offer in our area plus other areas of the state. We all had a really fun day and we learnt so much from Mark we also went to places where the experience is really hands on for us. Great job Mark and I know we would love to do it again.

Mark B, Owner at Experience Tours SA, responded to this reviewResponded 28 September 2017

Thanks so much Barb, great to have you along and I'm very glad you enjoyed your day.

Mark

See more reviews
Reviewed 27 September 2017

Thank you Mum and Dad Tours for providing a great day out in the beautiful Barossa. This was a small bus tour which allowed for flexibility within the itinerary. Our driver, Mark, was warm, funny and engaging and a wealth of information. We experienced some unexpected and delightful destinations which showed us that the Barossa is not all about wine though we had our fair share of that too! Thanks again "Mum and Dad"!

Thanks Gillian, great to hear you had a fantastic day. Always a pleasure to have you on board, and thanks for a great review.

Mark