“Clean, neat and comfortable”

Majestic Minima Hotel
Ranked #13 of 57 Hotels in Adelaide
Melbourne, Australia
“Clean, neat and comfortable”
Reviewed 14 March 2013

Compared to the prices of other nearby accommodation, this hotel was great value. We found the self check in really easy to use and check out just as simple. The room was basic, but very clean and provided everything we needed. The bed was HUGE! OK sized balcony, but as mentioned in another review, we looked out at a wall. There is also an upstairs deck for guests. We though the location was great and the bus stop across the road goes straight in to town, however it was such lovely weather we walked in to town each day. North Adelaide has lovely streets to walk around also. If we went back to Adelaide we would consider staying here again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Greg_Vaughton, Manager at Majestic Minima Hotel, responded to this review, 26 April 2013
Dear SLilFairy23

Thank you for the kind review. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and our convenient location. I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Greg Vaughton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 14 March 2013

I stayed here for three nights while I attended the Womad music festival last weekend. Checking in using the automated system was smooth and without any problems. The room is small and clean. It is fine if you just need a place to sleep. I was at the festival most of the day and didn't need any other amenities. The room has the basics - A/C, TV, kettle, coffee/tea, ironing board, hair dryer and safe.

The hotel is situated on a great strip in North Adelaide - there were great little cafes and restaurants in both directions as you left the building. There is also a little grocer if you want to buy some fruit etc diagonally across the road. I walked from the city to the hotel. However it is on a bus route from city with buses stopping every 15 minutes on weekdays. A taxi from this hotel to the airport at 6am cost me $22.

Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Ethan40
Dear Ethan40

Eastbourne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 March 2013

The place was clean and everything worked AOK.

We had a balcony which looked straight onto a wall and the air-conditioner sounded like you were on a jet plane (so if you are a ligt sleeper and your trip's in summer maybe this isn't for you) but other than those things the place was a great crash pad. Compact and comfortable and the table on the roof terrace is a great escape above the street.

Yes I would go back.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear g7t

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of our property, I do hope you stay with us again.

Mackay, Australia
Reviewed 1 February 2013 via mobile

We stayed here as it was recommended by adelaide friends. I did find checking in a bit frustrating but think it would be easier next time. The rooms are small but had everything we needed including an iron & ironing board. Our room did have a strange mural in it with birds on the ceiling which creeped me out a bit. I would stay here again great location. Lovely shops.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank Familytravels21
Dear Familytravels21

Thank you for your feedback. I appreciate your comments and look forward to have you stay with us again.

Mildura, Australia
Reviewed 30 January 2013

Really like this Hotel great value for money.We have stayed here a couple of times, some great rates available on the net. North Adelaide is a lovely leafy suburb of Adelaide, you can easily walk to the Zoo and the Botanical gardens and its not that far to the river Torrens and CBD of Adelaide. The rooms are on the smallish side, but its just as the name suggests.. Minima! Its very clean, modern and comfortable with King size bed, clean & modern bathroom, tea and coffee making facilities, iron & ironing board and everything else you would expect in a good Hotel. Cheapest secure off street parking in Adelaide and the self check in system is quiet easy to use.The rooms that we have stayed in have all had a balcony, not much of a view but nice to have some fresh air if you wish. Found it to to be a quiet location even on the weekend. There are lots of great Restaurants and Cafes all along Melbourne street, highly recommend the Himalayan Restaurant, The Old Lion on the corner and there is a great Desert Cafe just down from the bakery on the corner, they specialise in Spanish Chiros and chocolate.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Kerryk47

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of our property, I appreciate your comments about the facilities and I am glad to welcome you back. I look forward to your next stay with us again.

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 14 January 2013

I stayed here when I was in Adelaide for a couple of nights. It really is very small but comfortable for one person. The room is clean, modern and equipped with the basics of tea, coffee, bar fridge, cup, bowl, spoon etc.

A friend of mine also stayed across the hall who was with his partner. They found it difficult having two people in such a small room.

For $100 it was great value for one person who wants a clean secure room close to the city and close to North Adelaide.

The street is pretty quiet. I was expecting something with a bit more groove and energy when they said it was full of cafes and restaurants. Yes there are cafes and restaurants but it's quiet. Which was fine just don't go there expecting Ackland St.
I was originally put in a ground floor room (the balcony opened onto the carpark) but this made me feel a bit uneasy so I called the reception from the phone in the foyer and I was allocated a room on a higher floor without a fuss.
I didn't see any staff when I was there which felt weird but I had everything I needed and they were just a phone call away.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank babysun
Dear babysun

Thank you for taking time to post a review. We always promote our rooms being smaller than that of a standard hotel room which allows us to offer affordable pricing. I am pleased to hear you had enjoyed your stay and that are staff where able to attend to your needs as required. I thank you for your comments and do hope you will choose to stay with us again.

Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
Reviewed 1 January 2013

I booked the room booking.com to spend the night in the city for New Year's Eve , to watch the fire work in the room ( via the balcony ). When I got there my booking confirmation didnt work, so i used the intercom, the staff guided me through the process but when I insert my credit card to pay the screen says the room selected was not available, then it just reset to home screen, i rang the intercom again and the staff told me to try checking again it should work, not until the third time i tried it the screen froze and keep telling me to inserted my credit card, long story short
Checking process big hazel, not only for me but also other couple who came after me.
When we got in the car park, there were not parking left, but i paid already it was 11 pm NYE.
Vending machine didnt work in the basement
10 mins to firework i went out to the foyer to get snack from vending maching( what it says in the book). Went I got out there were no vending machine because it was moved to the basement, however i couldn't get back into my room on ground floor because my card didnt work, my husband was still inside the room waiting for me to get back, the fire work start and ended and i was still stuck in the foyer, two ladies tried their cards to let me inside but their card didnt work either. The security staff came over with the master key but still he couldn't get it to work, i ended up using his phone to call my husband to come out and let us in.
I was disappointed because i missed the firework, which was the main reason for staying at the hotel on NYE.
After my stay i didn't thought of writing this review until i checked my account balance and realised i was charged 105$ x 3.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Duyen N
Dear Duyen N

Thank you for taking time to post a review. I apolgise for the great inconvenience caused to you on your stay with us. In response to your comments with the difficulty encountered with the self check in kiosk unfortunately due to booking through a 3rd party the confirmation number provided to you was incorrect and Majestic Hotels confirmation is required through the self check in kiosk, the problems encountered with the remainder of the check in process could have been caused from a number of issues from room type availability and card issues. Yes our vending machine is now located in basement and based on your feedback new signage has been placed at the entrance to indicate this. Again I apologise for the disappointment during your stay. I thank you for your comments and do hope you will choose to stay with us again.