“At first I thought it was great” 2 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Majestic Minima Hotel
Ranked #17 of 58 Hotels in Adelaide
Sydney, Australia
“At first I thought it was great”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2013

I reserved two nights but had someone walk in on me this morning while I was in bed, the bathroom is a lot larger than expected, there was a crosswalk sound beeping out the window all night, and it started ti smell like sewage after I used the water. If you don't mind these small things it's stupendous and very convenient. At first the number I called said they were booked out, then after he saw I wasn't interested in the company's more expensive choices, he said there was a room here....then I got two nights through the self-service machine....maybe he didn't think I had a credit card, who doesn't now days?? Anyway I would stay here again because of its convenience, and free laundry and free use of computers...

• Stayed June 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank treckdesign81
Greg_Vaughton, Manager at Majestic Minima Hotel, responded to this review, 15 May 2013
Dear treckdesign81

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I apologise that someone had walked in on you during your stay. In response to your comment regarding the smell from the room I have had our maintenance team address this matter and we will continue to monitor as this seems to be the only room affected. I do look forward to welcoming you back again.

Greg Vaughton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Perth, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2013

I stayed at the Majestic Minima Hotel for work purposes. I’d been a little concerned about feeling claustrophobic, but in fact this was not a problem at all. The room is as large as most in Europe, very clean, with a compact, well-designed bathroom. My only complaint was the stuffiness of the room which was only an issue because the air conditioning didn’t work. If I hadn’t been on the ground floor, I might have left the balcony door open (Minima, why not make it possible to lock the screen door?), but the small side window was insufficient, especially because I had to keep the curtain closed for privacy. If it wasn't for that one drawback, I'd have considered it excellent value. The best thing about the location was breakfast at The Store across the road – absolutely brilliant Eggs Florentine and good coffee! North Adelaide is a bit out of the way to be walking back and forth into town, but if you want to be close to the Women and Children’s Hospital, it’s perfect. I’d definitely stay again but only in a room on an upper floor.

Room Tip: Avoid the lower floors if you want to be able to enjoy the balcony or open the balcony door.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Dear scoutsilver

Thank you for your review. I am sorry to hear that your air conditioner was not operating during your stay. Our onsite concierge is available from 2.00pm to 10.30pm to assist with such issues. Outside of these hours our telephone at the front entrance connects to reception for 24 hour assistance. In response to the locking of the screen doors unfortunately this was done on installation due to the glass doors being lockable. I thank you for your comments regarding our staff and I look forward to seeing you again.

Launceston, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2013

Some online comments about this slightly unusual hotel are VERY hard to comprehend; I would recommend it fully to anyone who just wants clean simple (and small; they do tell everyone its small so why complain about size?) room . After all the bed is enormous; I think I used about a quarter of it! I found the check-in quite simple; no technical stuff-ups; car park easy to access; bathroom clean and adequate; location fantastic; function of air-conditioner easy to manage ; it really has all the basic needs of solo travellers and overall value really is great. If I want a super-luxurious room with space to invite 20 friends, I will pay $300 plus; when I really just want a clean quiet room at minimum cost, this is just the thing. I particularly enjoyed sitting on the second story balcony with a coffee, watching the passers by. Only possible grumble; the ironing board is the type to sit on a table while being used but of course there is no table!! So I put it on the floor........................

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Greg_Vaughton, Manager at Majestic Minima Hotel, responded to this review, 26 April 2013
Dear john j

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of our Hotel, I appreciate your comments about the property and look forward to welcoming you back again.

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2013

A small room but a small price compared to other places to stay in North Adelaide. It's across from the iconic Old Lion hotel and The Store and that's enough for me!

A bus stop right across the road with buses every 15 minutes max. Less than 10 minute bus trip into town.

Self service check in was initially confusing but the receptionist helped and it was easy.

Good value and I'd definitely stay there again.

• Stayed March 2013
Dear Lynda F

Thank you for your review. I pleased our team member was able to assist you on your recent stay and I do look forward to welcoming you back again.

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2013

Compared to the prices of other nearby accommodation, this hotel was great value. We found the self check in really easy to use and check out just as simple. The room was basic, but very clean and provided everything we needed. The bed was HUGE! OK sized balcony, but as mentioned in another review, we looked out at a wall. There is also an upstairs deck for guests. We though the location was great and the bus stop across the road goes straight in to town, however it was such lovely weather we walked in to town each day. North Adelaide has lovely streets to walk around also. If we went back to Adelaide we would consider staying here again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear SLilFairy23

Thank you for the kind review. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and our convenient location. I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Perth, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2013

I stayed here for three nights while I attended the Womad music festival last weekend. Checking in using the automated system was smooth and without any problems. The room is small and clean. It is fine if you just need a place to sleep. I was at the festival most of the day and didn't need any other amenities. The room has the basics - A/C, TV, kettle, coffee/tea, ironing board, hair dryer and safe.

The hotel is situated on a great strip in North Adelaide - there were great little cafes and restaurants in both directions as you left the building. There is also a little grocer if you want to buy some fruit etc diagonally across the road. I walked from the city to the hotel. However it is on a bus route from city with buses stopping every 15 minutes on weekdays. A taxi from this hotel to the airport at 6am cost me $22.

Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Ethan40
Dear Ethan40

Eastbourne, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2013

The place was clean and everything worked AOK.

We had a balcony which looked straight onto a wall and the air-conditioner sounded like you were on a jet plane (so if you are a ligt sleeper and your trip's in summer maybe this isn't for you) but other than those things the place was a great crash pad. Compact and comfortable and the table on the roof terrace is a great escape above the street.

Yes I would go back.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear g7t

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of our property, I do hope you stay with us again.