“One of the best” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersGold level
Auckland Central, New Zealand
“One of the best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2013

Hard to escape the conclusion that this is one of the best business hotels in Australia. Centrally located, it has superb rooms - that can open out onto a terrace. Thus air conditioning is not a problem. The bathroom is the kind of place you wish all hotels had and the bed is comfortable. Wireless is fine although the TV lacked BBC/CNN... Small matters though; it is a restful and quiet hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Michael F
Linda C, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Adelaide, responded to this review, 30 April 2013
Dear Michael F,

I am delighted that you have described us as one of the best business hotels in Australia. We are very fortunate to be centrally located and as a fairly new hotel our guest have been well appointed. I will review our TV channels and look at additional news options.

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and I hope we will see you again.

Linda

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (420)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2013

We have stayed in many of the top rated hotels in Adelaide, and the Crowne Plaza is certainly one of the better ones for the price paid. Located centrally on a well designed and generally quiet square, it is near the city shopping area and a short walk from the main museums.

On the plus side i would list from our trip;
- early check-in and late check-out
- upgraded to top floor
- big room and a good view of the square out to the hills
- good sized bathroom with large bath
- excellent gym and pool (includes sauna and spa)
- good service from competent staff
- the single fee for the wifi covers 4 devises
- large mini bar fridge - so room for your own stuff
- great balcony and lots of natural light
- air con so good I didn't notice it
- very comfortable and huge bed
- amusing and seductive voice announcing floors in the lift!

The things that need a little attention include;
- water temperature and pressure was variable in the shower (not a luxury shower)
- Wifi is not free and not cheap
- our iron had to be replace twice
- on the top floor you are under the conference / reception centre on the roof. We had a noisy wedding on the Saturday night (it ended at midnight).

Note - If using the gym, take your own headphones for the build in TVs

Overall not a bad spot to plant yourself in Adelaide town

Room Tip: If an early and light sleep, and there is an event on at the roof-top conference centre, avoid the t...
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Oz_Pete_Travels,

Thank you for your comprehensive review, it is great to receive detailed feedback on what we are doing well and the areas that need a little attention (I thought this was a lovely way of putting it).

I am really pleased that there were many areas of the hotel you were very happy with and we will address where possible the areas we can. We will most definitely look at the water temperature and pressure as this is something that can be fixed and is sometimes just some tweaking in individual rooms. We are currently able to offer free wi-fi in the lobby but we are certainly looking at this being available in our guests rooms down the track. I will also ask the team to look more closely at how they allocate rooms if we have an evening function on the 15th Floor.

Thank you again for sharing your thoughts.

Adelaide, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2013

Just spent a cosy romantic weekend here in a king superior room. Smooth and fast check in/check out, staff polite and friendly. Room was clean, modern and spacious. Bed soft and comfortable. Range of tv channels made for good viewing. View out onto hindmarsh square was great. Bath was fantastic and we enjoyed taking a soak after a day out shopping and feasting - really made the stay memorable. Bathroom dressing gowns were crusty and hard, not soft like i have experienced elsewhere. Hotel is in a great location with lots of food options at your doorstep, we didn't even take a taxi once during our stay. Only dissapointment was the dine in room meal. Partner had the beef burger, which he said was nice. I on the other hand went for the chicken maryland. Although the flavours were great together, the portion sizes were lacking for the cauliflower mash, balsamic reduction and asparagus. There was way too much prosciutto on the plate and this made the whole dish taste overly salty. It was a shame for the price we paid and unfortunately this put us off trying the hotel restaurant. Overall though a positive experience and i would come back and recommend.

Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Linda C, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Adelaide, responded to this review, 29 April 2013
Dear AmyPond65,

I am really pleased to hear that you enjoyed the majority of your stay and appreciate you acknowledging all the things you really liked about the hotel. Of course, I am disappointed that you found the bathrobes to be hard and I will ensure that we look into this further as I completely agree this is not ideal, particularly after a relaxing bath. Your feedback on the in-room meal you had whilst diappointing is valuable and has been discussed with the Chef.

Thank you for sharing your feedback and I am grateful for both your very positive feedback and highlighting areas we can work on. I do hope we see you again in the very near future.

Tasmania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2013

Stayed here for a weekend. The hotel itself was great, large room with a good comfortable bed, desk etc.

The location is just off the Rundle Mall so very close to shopping.

Only ate breakfast here and very happy with the range and quality.

Will be staying here again soon

Room Tip: I asked for a high floor and got it.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
Dear Nibzee,

I have to agree with you, I think we have a perfect location for exploring our beautiful city and it is great for shopping! I am really glad you liked your room and breakfast.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and my apologies for not responding sooner. Will be great to see you again soon.

Torquay, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2013

We had a King Room which was huge. The bed was very comfortable and my husband and I picked different types of pillows and we were both happy. Service at Reception was friendly (thanks Craig) and we loved the Buffet Breakfast. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff. Its the second time I have stayed there, but not the last.!!!!!!!
Jan and Wes

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Dear Jan and Wes,

It is wonderful to hear that your second stay with us was enjoyable and I am really glad to hear that you have made good use of the pillow menu. The staff do try really hard to ensure our guests have a great stay and Craig will be delighted to know that you appreciated his efforts.

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, it is really valuable to us and we look forward to welcoming you back very soon,

Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2013

We had a one night stay, Our first time in Adelaide and the service we recieved was first class from Heather , we were on indusrty rates so we got a very good rate as it was and were upgraded at check -in for free which really impressed me. We arrived 2 hours early but that was no problem. We had room 1020 on the 10th Floor a double room and it was spacious and very clean , we didnt have the best view but the service, cleaniness and location made up for that. The beds are extremly comfotable and the pillow service was my favorite!! We encountered only one problem our Bar fridge was not cooling it was overheating. the front desk arranged for a new fridge fast . My son loved the pool ,spa and sauna and we alao had a buffett breakfast at the hotel great value for money and yummy food. Also we were given a late check out of 1.30pm which was really good .The location is fantasic 2 minutes to the mall and shops an resturants. Overall had a wonderfull stay and would love to come stay again in future .Keep up the great work .

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Dear Jane C,

Firstly, thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and I apologise for not responding sooner (I have been on holidays myself). I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and had the opportunity to enjoy some of our facilities. We have a great team and Heather is a gem and I will make sure her great service is acknowledged.

I hope you do have the chance to stay with again.

Two Wells, South Australia, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2013

Had a lovely relaxing night in a very clean spacious and very comfortable room. The bed was fantastic and the pillows were just right - (which is amazing as the pillows are never just right in any hotels!!!) Had a nice relaxing sleep. One small thing I didnt like was the brightness of the alarm clock, the whole room glowed - I tried to find a dimmer whilst half asleep but gave up and put a spare pillow over it - problem fixed, I was soon back asleep without a worry in the world...... The room was exceptionally quiet with no street noise or noise from other patrons. The pool, spa, steam room and sauna were excellent and it was a great way to relax and unwind. A very modern, clean and comfortable establishment. I would reccomend this hotel to anyone wanting a night away from the kids.......Staff were pleasant and courteous.

Room Tip: Turn the alarm clock off as it is really bright at night time.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lance G
Linda C, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Adelaide, responded to this review, 16 April 2013
Dear Lance G,

It is always great to know that we have been able to meet the needs of our guests and sometimes it is as simple as providing a good bed, the right pillow and a quiet room. As a parent I truly do understand how precious those small breaks away can be so I am truly very pleased we were able to do this for you.

It is very nice to know you were able to relax and unwind.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and lovely feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back for your next break.