“Another enjoyable experience” 4 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersGold level
Sydney, Australia
“Another enjoyable experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2013

On this visit I actually had the opportunity to enjoy my stay. By that I mean I wasn't checking in at 10pm and leaving at 7am.
The rooms are superb. With a few minor mobilty issues a quick phone call to the hotel for a request to be closer to the lifts was acknowledged and actioned. Very much appeciated.
Checkin and checkout was friendly and efficient. Concierge was friendly and helpful. All of this was done while juggling what appeared to be a large wedding reception.
My only complaint was that the room was not serviced during my 8 hour absence and I had to ask twice for it to be done by the housekeeping staff on the floor. I understand they are busy but ...
I can highly recommend this hotel for its quality and staff. EXCELLENT.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank FrequentOzTraveller
Linda C, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Adelaide, responded to this review, 18 December 2013
Dear FrequentOzTraveller,

Thank you for again taking the time to share your experience and I am very pleased that on this occasion you had a bit more time to enjoy your stay. I am very happy you thought your room was superb and the team will be delighted that you found the service provided to be friendly, efficient and helpful.

I am very sorry that your room wasn't cleaned while you were out, I will follow up on this.

Thank you again for your kind words and i really do appreciate you recommending us.

We look forward to seeing you again very soon. Have a wonderful Christmas and best wishes for 2014.

Linda

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (420)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
gold coast
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2013

From the greeting of concierge and parking attendants we knew we had found the city escape we were looking for. Quick checkin and personal escort to our room as i had a lot of hand luggage. Great bed ,blackout curtains,clean bathroom. We were there at the same time as the "ASHES" and although the hotel was VERY busy,we always got a seat in the bar and the room was so quiet for sleeping.The staff seemed to cope with the big numbers in all depts. Breakfast was pretty hectic but the range of buffett and ala carte more than made up for it.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank foodieGoldCoast
Linda C, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Adelaide, responded to this review, 12 December 2013
Dear foodieGoldCoast,

Thank you so much for your kind words and I am really delighted that you enjoyed your time with us. It has certainly been a very busy week but we have all really enjoyed the atmosphere in the hotel.

I appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback and do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back again very soon.

Best wishes for Christmas and a wonderful 2014.

australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2013

The Crown Plaza Adelaide is a very quiet comfy hotel. The hotel rooms a very modern and I think the hotel is very new . It also has a great location just near the Rundle shopping mall and has many restuarants nearby. The restaurant where you have breakfast looks out over Hindmarsh square which is nice and leafy.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Louise S
Linda C, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Adelaide, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
Dear Louise S,

Thank you for sharing your experience and I really am grateful for your kind words. I am very pleased to know you not only enjoyed the hotel but our lovely surrounds and our location close to shopping and restaurants.

I do hope we can welcome you back again very soon.

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2013

We stayed in Adelaide during the final of the solar car challenge from Darwin to Adelaide. Crowne Plaza proved to be a great choice. Room was excellent and the included breakfast each morning was awesome. The staff were really helpful and provided some good tips for places to eat and to visit.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Jon E
Dear Jon E,

I am so pleased you thought Crowne Plaza was a great choice and you thought your room was excellent and you found our staff were really helpful.

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback, we really do appreciate it.

I hope you choose to stay with us again as we would love to welcome you back.

Canberra
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2013

This is a good hotel (but has the usual absurdly high prices for breakfast). However, at a recent conference there the staff messed up by claiming that attendees' breakfasts were not included. I personally questioned this twice, and I know other people did as well, but the front desk was adamant.

Only when the conference organisers intervened was the matter sorted out. It should not have occurred, and should have been fixed earlier.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank 60sAussiecouple
Linda C, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Adelaide, responded to this review, 4 December 2013
Dear 60sAussiecouple,

I am really sorry to hear there was confusion around breakfast and will follow this up with the relevant team members to gain an understanding of what happened to ensure the same problem does not reoccur in the future.

I am pleased to know that overall you felt we were a good hotel and appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback.

Please let me know if you are going to be back in Adelaide and I will ensure you have no issues with breakfast. My email is linda.collis@ihg.com.

Shinjuku, Japan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2013

It was my second stay at this hotel, first stay was on the opening year and it is great to be back and quite surprised to see the hotel and room was very well maintained.

Location is at hindmarsh square close to pretty much everything. Walking distance to my work and all the business meegtings and convenient for shopping, just of couple of minutes to Rundle Mall.

Check in was efficient and staffs were friendly and welcoming. Room was upgraded to Balcony room with my priority club membership status. Also, booked on extra point promotion rates which is always great value.

Room was very clean and still looking very new. Nice balcony area overlooking across hindmarsh square. Gym and pool are very nice, I will say the best in town.

Breakfast is quite average but good enough. Had a dinner at the Redsalt restarant. Speicifically asked for a well-done steak twice but it was even close to medium rare at the centre of meats which was pretty disappointing. Never had this kind of issue at the hotel restaurant. Service is okay and waiting staffs were extremely friendly.

Overall, enjoyed stay at Crowne Plaza and good product with great location!

Room Tip: Room with balcony on higher floor!
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank NamidA88
Dear D2heaven,

Firstly, thank you so much for staying with us again and taking to time to share to share your experience. I appreciate your positive feedback regarding the maintenance of the hotel and will be sure to share this with our Maintenance team who really do take pride in keeping the hotel in very good condition.

I am sorry that your steak was not cooked to your likely, I will address this with our Head Chef.

Thank you again for your kind words and we look forward to seeing you again when you are next in Adelaide.

Adelaide, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2013

Stayed for one night in a superior room (room 1218). Check in staff were quick, friendly and efficient. The room was fairly standard, with a desk and chair and also a sofa chair with footrest. There was also a mini bar fridge which came in very handy. Lots of cupboard space which also included complimentary robes and slippers. The bed was super comfy and there was also a pillow menu. The view wasn't the greatest overlooking the Adelaide University and adjacent multi-story car-park. The air-conditioning was activated along with the other electrical items by the insertion of the door key card into a slot on the wall and the room can get quite warm upon return. The bathroom was a very good size, the shower water pressure was excellent and amenities was wonderful. The location of this hotel can't be beat and our room was very quiet on the Sunday night that we were here with little outside noise being noticeable.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms on the northern side if you want a better view
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Linda C, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Adelaide, responded to this review, 3 December 2013
Dear Megabux01,

I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and you liked a most of the products and services provided. It is a challenge being a city hotel with providing great views from all areas of the hotel, the views over Hindmarsh Square really are beautiful so for special occasions it really is worth booking these particular room types.

Thank you so much for making the effort to share your experience, we really do appreciate it.

Hope to see you again soon (ask for the Deluxe room type).