“Great hotel, perfect location, good service”
Review of Pullman Adelaide

Pullman Adelaide
Ranked #6 of 56 Hotels in Adelaide
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 31 December 2013

The check-in process was super quick and efficient, the staff had my details ready based on my IHG membership.

The room was reasonably spacious and well adorned.

The beds were comfortable, and the bathroom equipped and stocked with the usual amenities of a five star.

Service was fantastic at the bar. We were starving, but had to head out to a meeting one evening, and the bar staff were happy to get us a bowl of chips and let us take it with us on the drive!

The only negative, is that the rooms in the first 6 floors (I think it was 6) neighbour a car park, so the view is great if you enjoy the view of Holden's, Fords, Mitsubishi, etc

Room Tip: Make sure you get a room above the 6th floor so you get a view and some natural light. Rooms on the...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank aditools
Linda C, General Manager at Pullman Adelaide, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2014

Dear aditools,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts and I think I will use your marketing tip for the rooms with a view of the car park - I am sure there are some motor enthusiasts out there! (It brought a big smile to my face anyway!)

I am very pleased you enjoyed many aspects of your stay and do hope we will see you again very soon.

Best wishes for a fantastic 2014.

Reviewed 30 December 2013

We stayed here because we had my partners surprise 50th at a nearby restaurant and of course, it is our favourite place to stay in Adelaide. The Crowne Plaza never disappoints.

My only whinge, if it is one was the fact that I had booked 4 rooms (guests at the party) through Booking.com and not for the first time. But this was the first time I was charged for all rooms and the explanation was that policies have changed and the credit number they have is the card that will be charged. This cost a small fortune as we still had dinner for 30 guests to pay for.

Like I said, not a real biggie but it did put a little bit of panic through my body...We have since come back from staying at a wonderful hotel in Port Lincoln using Booking. com and we were not charged until we left, using a different card than the one the booking was made under.

Just something I think Crowne is now doing. Not good when you are planning a party or a wedding....

Anyway, awesome accommodation, thankyou Crowne and yes, all monies have been reimbursed by the parties involved.

Room Tip: I do not think the extra for the balcony is worth it as it is a very small balcony.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank cat0407

Dear cat0407,

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts and I do apologise for not responding sooner. I am very pleased to know that you still think we are the best and really do appreciate your positive review.

I have just spoken with our Reservation Manager to get an understanding of what may have changed with regards to Bookings.com. A couple of things could have occurred, through this site we offer both prepaid rates (at time of booking) and then rates that can be cancelled up to 48 hours prior - these are then charged just prior to arrival (I believe this has changed more recently). I am very sorry this wasn't clearly explained at the time you were booking. Please always feel free to contact us directly if you have any concerns.

Best wishes for 2014 and we would love to welcome you back again in the very near future.

Reviewed 29 December 2013

I am from Adelaide and my husband and I booked a standard room as we had a Christmas function to attend in the evening, at the wine centre.Check in was very quick and courteous The room although standard was of good size, neat, clean and quiet. They accommodated my request for a room away from the lift well, but the standard rooms do over look the car park next door so no views. The rooms had coffee and tea and milk in a good supply. The bathroom was a generous size. We had the buffet breakfast the next morning, consisted of all the usual suspects, however the homemade baked beans were delicious! you could request eggs and coffee as you would like them, and they would serve them at the table. We found it was easy walking distance to the wine centre and also a safe walk home. Close to Rundle Mall for shopping and Rundle Street, and the east end for eating. I would have to say we had a very pleasant stay, the staff were always attentive and willing to help.

Room Tip: I think the standard rooms are very good but if you prefer a balcony you get city views rather than...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kac2404

Dear kc2404,

Firstly, my apologies for not replying sooner. I am really pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and I too just recently walked from the wine centre to the hotel and was really surprised what a short walk it was (even in heels!).

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience and I hope that 2014 is a wonderful year for you.

Reviewed 28 December 2013

I returned to the Crowne Plaza for a business trip in November. Last time (see my previous review) I stayed in the standard room which I found to be excellent. This time I found a deal on the hotel's website for five nights or more that included an upgrade to a balcony room and breakfast. The price was cheaper than the standard room rate!

The balcony rooms are well worth it. They are more spacious and the bathroom has a bath. I had to work from my room for a lot of my stay and it was very comfortable. The balcony overlooking the park gave the room another dimension - and a place to escape the desk! The room was very clean, although on one occasion the cleaning staff left their cloths behind and I had to give them back to them.

This time I had the opportunity to use the pool and gym. Both are excellent and I thoroughly enjoyed a swim at the end of the work day. I now regret I did not use them the first time I stayed.

Also, I ordered room service a few times. The meals were restaurant quality, amazingly good and well worth it. I would not hesitate to have in room dining again - but do allow an hour for them to be delivered.

A few let downs since my last stay. First, while reception staff were friendly, they did not go that extra mile as they did previously. I needed help to take my my bags to my room and there was no one to be found to help. Last time, I didn't need to ask and the help was offered. Second, the quality of the breakfast is not as I remembered. The juicer is a great touch, but the rest was pretty stock standard. While these two issues are not major problems, I have also stayed recently at other Adelaide hotels and these things could be improved upon.

Overall it was a great stay. The beds are very comfortable, the rooms clean and location is excellent. I will return.

Room Tip: Standard rooms are excellent but the balcony rooms are even better. If you can, ask for one overlook...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Joeygirl2

Dear Joeygirl2,

Thank you for again taking the time to share your feedback and please accept my apologies for the delay in responding. I am very pleased you took the opportunity to upgrade to our Deluxe Balcony room, particularly for a 5 day stay, I agree that the extra space, balcony and the bath do make for an even more comfortable experience. It is nice to know you also had the chance to use our other facilities on this stay.

I am very sorry that you did not receive the same service at reception as your previous stay, I will share this feedback with our Front Office Manager as we certainly would like to improve on this. We will also continue to focus on breakfast as a priority.

Best wishes for 2014 and I am so pleased to know you will be coming to stay with us again.

Reviewed 21 December 2013

Adelaide is not as renowned for tourism as its bigger cousins, Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane, but is definitely worth a visit. The Crowne Plaza is situated in an ideal location in the CBD, just a short walk to Rundle Mall, the Art Gallery, Museum and Botanical Gardens. It only takes a leisurely 30 minute walk to the Central Market, which is a great way to start the morning if you don't mind the exercise (it's all flat).

The hotel is very modern and clean, and has a large apartment building to one side, facing perpendicularly. Staff were exceptionally friendly and accomodating, and we were offered a room upgrade for a reasonable price to a higher floor with a view of the hills. Some of the rooms will look directly onto the apartment building, but most are just far out enough to see across the city and out to the hills.

The room was very clean, the king bed incredibly comfy, and the bathroom was spotless with a cavernous shower, large tub, toilet and a sink with a large bench. The usual free tea and coffee were available. Wifi does incur a charge (unless, I think, you are an IHG member who directly books).

We did not take the chance to sample the restaurant downstairs, but it was always pretty busy. There is a small lap pool and hot tub, as well as a gym with about 4 treadmills, 2 cross trainers and a stationery bicycle or two, plus a couple of gym stations. Facilities were also very clean and in good condition.

The hotel room was surprisingly quiet, especially given it was busy there.

Overall I found this an excellent base from which to explore the Adelaide CBD, and highly recommend it!

Room Tip: Go for a higher floor and ask to be in the end furthest from the apartment building for the best vie...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank socal1223

Dear socal1223,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience and please accept my apologies for not replying sooner. I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us in our beautiful city, that I agree is often overlooked but really is worth visiting (for Australians too!).

I really do appreciate your kind words and excellent review of the hotel and our facilities.

All the very best for a brilliant 2014.

Reviewed 19 December 2013

Stayed at Crowne Plaza Adelaide on a recent business trip and was delighted that the rooms were very modern and clean. It looks quite new and the rooms were spacious enough for 1-2 people (if you don't intend on staying in the room too much).

Location was prime and only a short walk to the Rundle Mall shopping hub.

Ordered in-room dining and the service was pleasant and delivered within 30mins. Food was average, but for the comfort of eating in the comfort of your room - can't complain.

The buffet breakfast was a nice treat as they had an array of Gluten Free options, which for a Coeliac like myself, is almost a haven in itself.

All in all, a good trip and would visit again when next in Adelaide.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Karen M

Dear Karen M,

Firstly, my apologies for the delay in responding to you. I am delighted that you enjoyed staying with us and you found that our rooms, location and our Gluten free breakfast options contributed to the enjoyment of your stay. I am disappointed that your room service food was only average and we will certainly look into how we can improve this.

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and i wish you all the best for a wonderful 2014.

Reviewed 18 December 2013

On this visit I actually had the opportunity to enjoy my stay. By that I mean I wasn't checking in at 10pm and leaving at 7am.
The rooms are superb. With a few minor mobilty issues a quick phone call to the hotel for a request to be closer to the lifts was acknowledged and actioned. Very much appeciated.
Checkin and checkout was friendly and efficient. Concierge was friendly and helpful. All of this was done while juggling what appeared to be a large wedding reception.
My only complaint was that the room was not serviced during my 8 hour absence and I had to ask twice for it to be done by the housekeeping staff on the floor. I understand they are busy but ...
I can highly recommend this hotel for its quality and staff. EXCELLENT.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank FrequentOzTraveller
Linda C, General Manager at Pullman Adelaide, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2013

Dear FrequentOzTraveller,

Thank you for again taking the time to share your experience and I am very pleased that on this occasion you had a bit more time to enjoy your stay. I am very happy you thought your room was superb and the team will be delighted that you found the service provided to be friendly, efficient and helpful.

I am very sorry that your room wasn't cleaned while you were out, I will follow up on this.

Thank you again for your kind words and i really do appreciate you recommending us.

We look forward to seeing you again very soon. Have a wonderful Christmas and best wishes for 2014.