“Great staff, good room but didn't like the car park view!”
Review of Pullman Adelaide

Pullman Adelaide
Ranked #7 of 56 Hotels in Adelaide
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 18 March 2014

Just spent three days at this hotel. The room, 324, was very good but we didn't like the view from the side windows over the multi-storey car park next door!!! We should have asked for a change of room but as we were only there a few nights we didn't bother. Ask for a room above the seventh floor or on the front of the hotel. Bathroom, after you, very clean with a shower. Not all superior rooms have a bath - the website needs updating as it suggests all rooms have bathtubs !! Breakfast was very good although this could be busy as there are lots of meetings and conferences held here. Will review the RedSalt restaurant separately but we thought it was excellent. The staff are really excellent and certainly go the extra mile to make your stay great. Thank you

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Linda C, General Manager at Pullman Adelaide, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2014

Dear Speges,

I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and do understand that a view of a carpark is not ideal and your recommendation for our Deluxe rooms is perfect for those looking for a view.

I have spoken with the team regarding our Superior rooms, you are quite right these do not all have baths and we are very sorry if you have read somewhere that they do have them. The team has checked our own site and was not able to find where this is stated but we would be very grateful if you could contact me directly to let me know where you read this so we can fix it, it certainly is not our intention to mislead anyone. My email is linda.collis@ihg.com.

Thank you so much for your kind words and taking the time to share your experience, we really do appreciate it.

Reviewed 17 March 2014

Stayed in this hotel for 5days during a trip to adelaide for my sons wedding. Clean bright and friendly especially the consierges who were particularly helpful even though they were continually busy. I would certainly recommend it to any one visiting the city. Ideal location for the mall and cafe bars.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Dear Anne D,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. The concierge team do work very hard and will really appreciate you acknowledging their efforts.

It is kind of you to recommend us and we would love to have you stay with us again.

Have a great weekend.

Reviewed 17 March 2014

Stayed for the weekend for a medical conference and although there was nothing inherently bad if I had to pay I would have been pretty unimpressed. The room was quite nice and the best part of my stay was the room service meal I enjoyed after my arrival as the restaurant was closing. It was little things - it was very hard to use the TV menu - hard to read the highlighting and hard to follow the steps - I ordered a newspaper that never arrived - many of the TV monitors in the gym didn't work and none appeared to have any audio and my room wasn't serviced till about 1.30pm Saturday and only after I asked why the bed was still unmade - there seemed to be some confusion as I had indicated that the linen not to be changed and this seemed to be interpreted that the bed wasn't to be made or the dirty plates and glasses cleaned but the wine had been replaced in the minibar. Also, I never got my coffee at breakfast even after asking a second time.The conference dinner on Saturday night was also pretty basic and the guests had to serve our own wine at times. The morning and afternoon teas were also pretty uninspiring.The concierge on Sunday was delightful - my friend was coming to pick me up and couldn't find the front drive so he walked me across the street to meet her. It is very handy to Rundle Street Mall so I got in a quick bit of shopping between workshops.

Room Tip: Get a room on the higher levels to get a view across to the Adelaide Hills.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Merlouis
Linda C, General Manager at Pullman Adelaide, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2014

Dear Merlouis,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We find it very valuable and it gives us the opportunity to look at what we are doing well and also the areas we need to focus on improving.

I am aware of the issue with the TV menu and this is something our supplier is currently working on fixing, as with the issues with the screens in the gym which we are also having fixed by our supplier.

With regards to your room being serviced, I am very sorry this was not done in a timely manner and I have addressed this with our Executive Housekeeper. Unfortunately when we are full it is very hard for the team to have all the rooms cleaned in a timely manner with check outs being prioritised before stayovers.

Please also accept my apologies for the service you received from the food and beverage team.

I have shared your feedback with the team and we are obviously very disappointed you did not enjoy your stay and we are all very sorry.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience.

Reviewed 16 March 2014

Had the pleasure of staying at this hotel over the weekend and was very impressed. I normally stay at The Hilton or The Stamford (on Nth Terrace) for work, but my best mate booked us into the Crowne Plaza. The front desk staff are friendly and helpful and the concierge equallty accommodating. However, the concierge/car valet must be more preceptive as to who is waiting at their desk. We sat waiting awhile waiting for the concierge to attend to us when checking out and wanting our car keys. He was standing inside at his other desk and was not looking outside to see us standing there waiting and waiting. We had to physically go in and tell him we wanted our keys.

Despite this, the rooms are really comforatable and beautifully appointed. My bed and pillows were really comfy and i slept very well. The showers and bathrooms are amazing and well appointed. I will definately stay here again. Well done Crowne Plaza.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a room that does not overlook the car park.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Dear BusinessClass3,

I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your feedback and I will certainly remind our team in concierge to ensure they are more attentive. Ideally we try and have someone located at both desks unless they are parking cars or assisting guests but your point regarding being more perceptive is valid and something we can definitely focus on improving.

I very much appreciate your positive comments and will ensure I pass these on to the team. We look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 15 March 2014

Been to Adelaide before first time at the CROWN PLAZA The room was clean and tidy Excellent location for pups and restaurant I found the staff very helpful The only thing there was no free breakfast like most hotels

Room Tip: good on the 8th floor nice
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Linda C, General Manager at Pullman Adelaide, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2014

Dear handyman83,

I am so pleased you enjoyed our location found the staff very helpful. We do offer some great packages that include a very heavily discounted breakfast so next time please keep an eye out or ask about this.

We would love to have you stay with us again. Thank you so much for making the effort to share your feedback.

Reviewed 15 March 2014

My wife and I stayed in the Crowne Plaza for 5 nights at the start of our trip to Australia. The hotel is in a central location, close to all the attractions (shops; restaurants; river; theatre venues etc). It is clean, functional and well presented. The staff were very helpful, especially letting us check-in at 9.30am after an early morning flight. The room was spacious, with twin double beds - and a great panoramic view. The restaurant, and especially the breakfasts, were excellent by hotel standards. Having stayed in a number of Adelaide hotels in the past, this would certainly be my preferred choice on my next visit.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Scorpian87

Dear Scorpion87,

Thank you so much for your kind words, I am thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us and found many things to like about your stay.

I really appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts. We would be delighted to welcome you back again.

Reviewed 14 March 2014

Overall not a bad hotel but always let down by the poor attitude of the bar staff. I've stayed at the Crone Plaza Adelaide several times and always pass feedback on respectfully, yet it amazes me that nothing seems to be done about this problem. My wife, son and I attempted to have a drink and the tapas type menu. As a always there are plenty of staff, however they are experts of walking past customers looking unhappy, failing to see a person wanting service, and generally radiating their unhappiness with their jobs. This is in contrast to their happiness out of sight behind the bar in a cluster chattering and texting away.

If they don't like serving people..try another job.

When will the GM get this right? As a Platinum Ambassador I now stay at the Inter Continental

Room Tip: Get a drink somewhere else.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Wayne G

Dear Wayne G,

I am very sorry that you have found the service in our bar far from satisfactory. I can assure you I do take all of the feedback I receive seriously and am disappointed that you feel nothing gets done. In the last couple of months we have made changes to our management in the restaurant and employed new bar staff.

I would really like to gain some further insight from you and would appreciate if you could email me on linda.collis@ihg.com so we can arrange a time to speak.