“Central, modern, clean with helpful staff - perfect for a business trip”

Crowne Plaza Adelaide
Ranked #7 of 57 Hotels in Adelaide
GreenLeadersGold level
Sydney, Australia
“Central, modern, clean with helpful staff - perfect for a business trip”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Good room with a great view of the square. Great staff, clean modern room in a perfect spot in the middle of Adelaide during festival time. I was there on business so room was perfect. If I was going for holidays I would have expected a little more luxury.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank NeileER
Linda C, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Adelaide, responded to this review, 26 April 2014
Dear NeileER,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and liked your room, the view and our location for your business trip.

I hope you have had an enjoyable long weekend.

Linda

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (428)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Canberra, Australia
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Hotel standard crowne plaza modern style, staff friendly and helpful, rooms well appointed. stayed on floor 13 with great views of the city. free wifi only if you're a member of hotel chain. easy walking distance of CBD shops and attractions. Highly recommend Indian restaurant across the road (Jasmin). At time of staying hotel had problems with water; showers were hot and then cold. Staff apologised and offered to swap rooms so no complaints with staff service or response.

Room Tip: parking is a challenge as hotel has a drop off zone, suggest consider "wilsons's" car...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Harrisons1234
Linda C, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Adelaide, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Dear Harrisons 1234,

Please accept my apologies for the problems you encountered with your shower. We have had rectification work done this week so hopefully this will correct the problem.

I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay and I too would highly recommend Jasmin, I had a lovely meal there myself about a month ago.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience, I hope you have a lovely long weekend and we can welcome you back again in the future.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 22 April 2014

Stayed in a 'Superior' room with my girlfriend for our anniversary, we both came away very happy with our stay. Our room overlooking Hindmarsh square was well appointed, modern, spacious and comfortable; it was definitely worth paying a little extra for the view ('Standard' rooms face onto the adjacent car park).

The staff were courteous and efficient and made sure we were comfortable. Though we walked offsite for dinner, the in house restaurant looked good and the buffet breakfast we had the next morning was delicious. The hotel also has reasonable size pool, though we did not have the opportunity to use it. I would stay here again, especially at the online booking rate we paid.

Room Tip: Pay the extra for the view.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Murofsua,

Thank you so much for your positive feedback and I am thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us. I really appreciate you acknowledging the staff and am very pleased you enjoyed your breakfast.

I hope you have an enjoyable long weekend ahead and I do hope we can welcome you back again very soon.

Surfers Paradise, Australia
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Very average CBD box room with views of the multi-storey car park next door. I understand the much higher priced high floor rooms actually look out on something other than late night drivers screeching around the car park but I didn't find out and I won't.

Might do for a night in Adelaide but not for a weekend in the city of churches with a loved one. This was a combined business and private stay for 3 nights and next time I'll find somewhere else and catch a taxi to where I want to go if I have to.

Poor lighting to disguise the lack of fittings and almost dangerous slippery cheap bathroom tiles. No tea bags until I found the trolley lady the second day and I thought the desk staff less than helpful on check in. Not quite rude but getting close when I asked them for a different room.

For a supposedly upmarket chain 5 star CBD hotel this place is disappointing.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Linda C, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Adelaide, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Dear Buccaneer -001,

Please accept my apologies for the disappointing stay you had with us. I appreciate we are not going to meet everyone's expectations however we should be able to do better than the experience you had.

I will share your feedback with the team, I know they will be as disappointed as I am that you have not enjoyed your stay with us. I do hope that the other aspects of your visit to Adelaide were enjoyable.

Omer, Israel
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Nice, new, clean, well maintained with good but not perfect sevice (we had to ask for the room to be serviced when returning at 3 pm in one of the days). The really bad thing was that the room we got faced a parking lot and this is quite oppressive if you are going to spend more than a day in the hotel. And we did not get an alternative oferred. On the positive side internet access is free if you subscribe (free) to the IHG loyalty program.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank julo972
Dear Julian S,

I am pleased you had a good stay but I am of course very disappointed that we did not do better. We do try and offer all guests a variety of room types so I am sorry if this was not recommended to you (I do know we had some dates that we were full in early April so there may not have been our upgrade room types available).

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, we appreciate it.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Be careful. If you look at the description of standard and other rooms on the hotel website it is difficult to see the difference. The non standard rooms have a few additional words. Something like "nice views". When you arrive and check in you see that the standard rooms are substandard. They look into a car park with neon lighting. As the cars drive around the carpark their lights go into the rooms. You have no idea what time of day it is while you are in the room, nor do you know what the weather is like. In addition in the room I was in, the air conditioning didn't work (and Adelaide gets hot) and the water pressure was weak. I have also stayed in a balcony room which means that the windows may be opened. In that room the air-conditioning worked and the water pressure was fine. There was also a view to the South. In that room you would think you were in one of the better hotels in Adelaide. The bed was comfortable in both rooms and the furnishings clean and modern. The substandard rooms would be alright if you were stay in in winter arriving after dark and leaving for work the next morning. The hotel is very well located. The staff are friendly and polite as they generally are in Adelaide.

Room Tip: Don't stay in a standard room
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank further40
Dear further40,

I do appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback and I am sorry you feel you have had such mixed experiences. I understand that the views and room types are different however everything else should be in good working order - there should not be any difference with the airconditioning or water pressure so I will speak to our Maintenance Manager about this.

I am very pleased you liked our location and the staff.

Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 16 April 2014

We have stayed here several times since it opened as it is centrally located in the city (close to Rundle Street/Rundle Mall - good access to bars, shopping and restaurants) and it is new and clean. There is nothing fancy about it - just clean, stark rooms but for an Adelaide hotel it isn't bad (there aren't many decent choices here!). We stayed in the Junior Suite both times - I wouldn't call it a suite but it is a good sized room with a balcony and huge walk in shower.

Room service is below average - ordered hot chips, received wedges. The gravy is terrible (made the mistake to order it both stays). The cheesecake is tiny. The gnocchi tastes weird. Get food from elsewhere!

All in all though a decent hotel with a decent central location :)

Room Tip: The Junior Suite isn't anything fancy if you're breaking your budget to pay for it. It is ho...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Linda C, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Adelaide, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
Dear Callyn83,

Thank you for sharing your experiences from your stays and whilst I am disappointed you haven't had a great experience I appreciate you acknowledging that we are pretty good.

We have just introduced a brand new menu which I am sure our guests will enjoy. Next time you are visiting please let me know as I would love to offer you some new items to try. My email is linda.collis@ihg.com.

Best wishes for a safe and happy Easter.