“good room, good food, good service”

Crowne Plaza Adelaide
Ranked #6 of 57 Hotels in Adelaide
GreenLeadersGold level
“good room, good food, good service”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

We stayed here on wayback from kangaroo island. Found hotel is centrally located. Easywalk to rundle st for restaurants. Easy walk to city centre and attractions. Bus service across road to airport. We had a reunion dinner with friends for one night. Good food, service. Rooms wel appointed and beds very comfortable. Will stay again if visit adelaide again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Hdbaw
Linda C, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Adelaide, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Dear Hdbaw,

Thank you for choosing us on your wayback from kangaroo island and I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed what our location has to offer.

Hopefully next time you visit Adelaide you will have a bit more time to explore.

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.

Linda

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (439)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 1 June 2014

We stayed 5 nights(May 24 and 25, and May 27 to 29) and were very pleased with the hotel staff services especially the front desk staff Jenna who was on duty on May 27,Tues night. We came back late from KI that night and we were very glad to learn that our luggage have been sent to our room as we stored our luggage with the hotel before we left for our trip to KI. The hotel's well arrangement is highly appreciated. Jenna also helped to apply for my IHG membership so that I can enjoy free Internet access during my stay and extend my check out time to 2pm as my flight time is 6pm.

Crown Plaza Adelaide is a nice comfortable hotel with good location that is very near to Rundall mall and its nearby shopping malls, we will definitely stay at Crowne Plaza Adelaide again.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank ZSQ74
Linda C, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Adelaide, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Dear SKTEO,

It is wonderful to know that the front desk staff and in particular Jenna provided such great service. The team has already read your review and were very excited to receive such praise - Jenna was thrilled.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay. We are very fortunate to be located so close to all the great things Adelaide has to offer and I'm glad this added to your overall experience.

It is wonderful to know that you would definitely stay at Crowne Plaza Adelaide again, we look forward to welcoming you back.

Victoria
Reviewed 1 June 2014

An excellent last minute choice that did not disappoint. Upon arrival until departure the staff were friendly, attentive and efficient. Rooms were large, modern and well equipped. Bathroom was spacious, clean and well stocked. Bed was extremely comfortable with the best pillows I have ever encountered in a hotel! Location can be no better being just a stones throw from the shops in Rundle Mall and plenty of restaurants and eateries within walking distance. Restaurant was lovely for dinner and the breakfast buffet in the morning was value for money & scrumptious. I would stay there again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Wardystravels
Linda C, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Adelaide, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Dear Wardystravels,

It is so good to know we did not disappoint. It really does make all the team very happy to know that their efforts are being appreciated.

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback and we would welcome you back in a heartbeat!

Adelaide
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

Great hotel. Room spotless. Staff were genuinely friendly and very efficient from check in to check out. We were given a complimentary upgrade to a suite with views of the city and hills in the distance.

We are members of the IHG Rewards program so had access to free wifi and took advantage of late check out.

Location was a bonus. Rundle Mall close by. 10 mins walk to Press Food and Wine and 5 mins walk to Ebenezer Pl for breakfast.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank nietsy
Dear nietsy,

Thank you so much for your very kind words and I appreciate you acknowledging how genuinely friendly and efficient the staff are. We are very lucky to have a great team working here.

I am glad you were able to enjoy the benefits of being a member of the IHG Rewards program.

It was great that you took the time to share your experience, thank you. I hope we can welcome you back again in the very near future.

Perth
Reviewed 31 May 2014

First time at this hotel and it really was faultless. Large, comfortable room and beautiful bathroom. If available, worth the few extra dollars to have a room on a higher floor with a balcony and Hills and city views. Don't miss the restaurant - one of the best meals we've had and excellent service. Hotel staff also excellent.

Room Tip: Pay the extra for a higher floor and Hills/city views
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank PerthJayne
Dear PerthJane,

It is so lovely to have received such wonderful feedback. I am thrilled you really liked our rooms, your meal (I love our new menu) and that you thought the staff were excellent.

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback and I hope you will come and visit with us again.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

The Crowne Plaza is one of the newest hotels in Adelaide. The hotel is located half a block from the main shopping area and is close to several restaurants - visit Press down the road if you get a chance. Check in is quick & efficient. Rooms are large for a hotel room & have the nice addition of a balcony which makes it feel like a unit. Beds are comfortable and the option of different pillow types is fabulous. Loved the oversized bathroom & large shower. Check out was quick & staff were available to help with luggage.

After leaving I realised I had left my i-pad in my room & called the hotel to explain what had happened. When I returned in a taxi a member of housekeeping was out the front ready to hand me my iPad so I could continue on to the airport. Overall service in each of the hotel was amazing.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Robbie77
Dear Robbie77,

It is really nice to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and I am very pleased that found our location suited you. There are some fantastic restaurants and shops close by. I would also recommend Press (my tip, make sure you book as it is often full upstairs, Melt next door makes the best pizzas too!).

Thank you for acknowledging the service provided, we are very fortunate to have a great team and they will be thrilled to receive your feedback.

I hope we see you again very soon.

Alstonville
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Excellent, excellent, excellent, excellent ! - staff, room and cleanliness as well as location were all excellent. Loved Adelaide - hotel close to CBD, shops, gardens, zoo, hospital, uni, etc etc etc.

Room Tip: Don't be to shy to ask - staff are very obliging and helpful
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Joanne E
Dear Joanne E,

You brought a huge smile to my face, thank you for the excellent feedback. Adelaide is a fantastic (and I think underrated) city and it is so easy to get around and so close to everything.

Your tip is perfect - the team is very keen to make sure our guests have a great stay and whilst I can't promise we can do everything that is requested, we will certainly try.

Thank you so much for sharing your experience and I do hope you will be back.