“Fabulous”

GreenLeadersGold level
port lincoln
“Fabulous”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

3rd stay here over the last 12 months , and that's says it all! Each time we have stayed in a balcony room overlooking Hindmarsh Square , fabulous rooms, lovely decor and amenities and spotlessly clean. Even though is right in the city we find it too be relatively quite compared to other hotels on North Terrace. Rooms have heavy curtains and thick glass on windows and doors which work a treat. Comfy beds and pillow menu too. Excellent position as around the corner from Rundle Mall , short stroll to Adelaide Oval etc. The hotel has a beautiful ambience and wonderfully friendly helpful staff. Fantastic pool, spa and sauna to utilise and huge Buffett breakfast available in Redsalt restaurant. Can not fault this hotel at all.... Highly recommend! We are IHG members which offers free wifi, room upgrades, late check outs , well worth it...

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank melstef72
Linda C, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Adelaide, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Dear melstef72,

Thank you so much for your very kind words and what a lovely review for me to share with the team. I am so pleased you are enjoying staying with us and the rooms with balconies overlooking Hindmarsh Square are fabulous.

I really do appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and hope you have a fantastic weekend.

Al the very best until we see you again.

Linda

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (439)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We live in country South Australia and whenever in Adelaide we stay here. We love it and I can not honestly think of any reason not to stay here. The staff, service, rooms are all excellent and not to mention the location. Shops, pubs, museums and a ten minute walk to the famous Adelaide Oval. All great and thankyou again Crowne Plaza Adelaide for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Linda C, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Adelaide, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Dear cat0407,

Thank you so much for you lovely words and I am thrilled you continue to choose Crowne Plaza when you are visiting Adelaide. The team will really appreciate, as do I, your positive feedback.

I hope you are having a great week and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Australia
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Have been before but this time we booked a room overlooking Hindmarsh square so had a better view. Room excellent and bed excellent and had table and chairs on balcony (make sure you ask for these if you want them). Ric, the concierge, seems to know everything and used our names every time he saw us - very impressive. All staff were very friendly and helpful. Wasn't impressed that I was booked in as a Mr. Doesn't have the feel of luxury to it that the Intercontinental hotel has and the breakfasts aren't as good as theirs.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear RachelGreen Travel,

I am very pleased to know that thought your room and bed were excellent. Ric does pretty much know everything and he is very impressive and we are very lucky to have a great team of friendly and helpful people.

I am very sorry that your booking was not correct and you were booked under Mr, I will follow this up to see how this has happened.

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, we really do appreciate it. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the very near future.

Canberra, Australia
Reviewed 13 July 2014

My third stay at the Adelaide Crowne Plaza was for two days on business with a colleague with vision and hearing disabilities and his assistance dog. The hotel came up trumps in dealing with my friend - they treated him and Samson, the dog, as VIPs and treated me quite well too. This is a very warm and friendly hotel in a tremendous location in the lovely city of Adelaide. The rooms are simple but have art pieces and work really well. The bathroom is efficient - good light, shelf space, a deep bath and excellent shower. I had a problem with the wash basin, reported it and it was fixed promptly. The maintenance man left a card to confirm that attention had been given to the issue. The housekeeper also left a card on day one here to wish me a good day and stay. The wifi (free) was excellent. I needed a firmer pillow and that was provided - no problem. Breakfast in the Red Salt Restaurant in the hotel was very good value at $22. The range of offerings, including espresso coffee, was as good as anywhere and a chef on the spot to do omelettes, etc was a warm and nice touch. The chef was very nice to deal with too. This was my third time here and original favourable impressions just get better and better. As I said earlier, it is notably friendly and everyone has a terrific service mentality - this included the desk staff, concierge (who cannot do too much for a guest) and the restaurant staff. One of the nicest hotels to stay in in Australia.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Linda C, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Adelaide, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Dear fatheralbert,

My team was so excited when they read your review this morning I was barely in the door and they were talking about it. I can't express how fortunate I feel to work with such a great team of genuinely nice and caring people. Obviously, as humans we can all have days where we are not at our best but this team really wants to ensure that we do all we can to make our guests feel welcome and looked after. I am so very grateful that you have taken the time to acknowledge this as well as compliment the hotel on many other aspects.

Thank you so much and it will be a pleasure to welcome you back.

adelaide
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We spent two nights at the crown on one if their deals. Room was great with views over hindmarsh square. The pool, spa, sauna and steam room facilities were good. Staff were friendly and courteous. The buffet breakfast was very good and the coffee superb! Their barista makes a great flat white. It was a lovely weekend!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear katbal,

It is wonderful to hear you enjoyed your weekend with us and really liked your room and our facilities. We are very fortunate to have a great team who are friendly and courteous and I really appreciate you acknowledging their efforts. I am so pleased you enjoyed breakfast and I agree our barista makes a great coffee.

Thank you for sharing your feedback, it is of great value to us.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Excellent service. clean, spacious rooms, the bed and pillows are soooooo comfortable. Slept really well.
Had the room service and have to say Wow! So delicious, had the Beef Spare Rib for entree and Snapper for main... Way to much food for one but I couldn't stop eating it! Really impressive.
Have stayed here three times now and will not stay anywhere else when here. Used to stay elsewhere then decided to try this one... No going back.
Central CBD, easy access to everything, great for business,... Well worth it!

1 Thank kcosta1
Dear kcosta1,

It is so nice to read such positive feedback and I am thrilled you received excellent service and found our pillows so comfortable, it is so important to get a good nights sleep.

We really do want all of our guests to have a great experience throughout the hotel and to know that you did really will make the entire team very happy. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and we very much look forward to welcoming you back.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 9 July 2014

I have stayed in almost every major Hotel in Adelaide through business related travel over the past 20 years. This was my first time in the Crowne Plaza.
We arrived late, Spent some time in the Restaurant/Bar. The service was ok. I think having 5 arrive 30mins before you are expected to close always puts a strain on staff.
My room had an even number on a middle floor - essentially you get a full view of the multistory carpark. Not exciting, and a little bit intimidating. My other colleagues had rooms that faced the square and were very happy.
Room is good. Shower is excellent, and is a real shower. Breakfast was very good but again staff were a little slow in response. I also noted a long check out queue while having breakfast. Im not sure if this is routine or maybe just all the moons aligned.
Doormen are very helpful.
I thinks a very good hotel. I will return at more appropriate timing and see how staff react as well to determine if the checkout queue is a routine.

Room Tip: If on levels under 5 get a room with an odd number so that you face the square and not the multistor...
1 Thank Swelll
Dear Swell,

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback and I do appreciate your balanced perspective. As you noted sometimes we can't predict when our guests choose to check out and at times it is all at once. Generally we do not have large queues but we have had some large groups in over the past couple of weeks which can result in short periods of delays in certain areas of the hotel.

I am really pleased to know you enjoyed the showers and the room in general. Our Deluxe rooms face onto Hindmarsh Square and I definitely recommend these if you want a bit more space and a great view - it is worth the extra.

We would love to welcome you back and I am very sure you will not be disappointed on your next visit.

I hope you are having a great week.