“Clean & Hospitable” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 58 Hotels in Adelaide
GreenLeadersGold level
“Clean & Hospitable”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

We stayed in Crowne for one night and was given a room facing the carpark. That said, the room was pleasant though they didn't provide toothbrushes and free bottled water as one would expect of a chain hotel like Crowne. We had a good night's rest and service was impeccable.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Location
1 Thank yayal
Linda C, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Adelaide, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Dear yayal,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and I do appreciate your comments. We always have toothbrushes on hand but only supply them on request as we find most of our guests generally bring their own. Please always just let us know if you require anything as we are very happy to oblige.

The reason we don't provide free bottled water is because we are very fortunate that the tap water is fine for drinking in Adelaide.

I am very pleased to know you had a good night's rest and service was impeccable, I will pass your feedback on to the team.

Again, thank you for taking the time to share your experience and I hope you are having a good week and we are able to welcome you back again soon.

Linda

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (420)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

My wife and I booked one night in the Crowne Plaza after doing a wine tour all day Saturday. The staff kindly let us check in when we arrived at 9:00am. We booked a deluxe balcony suite and the room was very modern, spacious and clean! Also a great view over Hindmarsh Square. We had bought quite a bit of wine and the Concierge kindly kept it for us while we retrieved the car. Overall a great hotel with great service in a great location. Mattress was a little hard but no biggy!

Room Tip: Balcony deluxe is the go!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lukass40
Dear Lukass40,

It is so lovely to know you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience.

The team will always try and help wherever they can and I am very pleased to hear you appreciated the great service provided.

I do hope when you are next in Adelaide you will stay with us again and enjoy all that our beautiful city and surrounds has to offer.

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

As a Priority Privilege member we chose to stay at Crowne Plaza at an excellent rate for 2 nights. We combined a business meeting with leisure and were delighted with this hotel on all levels. The location is perfect; so central to everything as we were able to walk everywhere, despite the weather conditions at the time. Fantastic being so close to the fabulous Rundle Mall and other attractions. The hotel has a lovely ambience about it: very comfortable, well laid out, and I think the bed is probably the most comfortable I have ever slept in. The bar and restaurant were excellent and ideal for our requirements. Probably the only negative thing would be that we were unable to adjust the airconditioning as well as we wanted. Also the room was rather small but I imagine that there are other larger rooms which we will try next time we stay there - as we definitely plan to do in the future. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: Probably choose a room away from the lifts or the A/C noise and with a view if these are important.
1 Thank Janet B
Linda C, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Adelaide, responded to this review, 27 July 2014
Dear Janet B,

Thank you so much for your loyalty as a Priority Privilege member and I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is so nice to know you liked so many aspects of your stay and that you found our location to be fantastic as are our beds!

I will speak to our Maintenance Manager regarding the air conditioning, thank you for letting us know.

I really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and we very much look forward to welcoming you back

Ningbo, China
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

I travel extensively throughout Asia and recently changed to this Chain to try something different, what a mistake. First the room safe didn't work, then the tap over the basin was also loose and you had to hold it to use it. Thought I would head to the restaurant for dinner, another mistake, couldn't get any service to get seated, the person in front of me said they had already been waiting for 5 minutes. I went elsewhere. On returning to the hotel the room key wouldn't operate the lift, a lady in the lift that had just checked in also had the same problem. Off to the counter, wait for service again and a new key, that didn't work also, this time the person made a new key and came to the lift to make sure, third time lucky.
Obviously the bean counters are in charge as the amenities kit in the bathrooms are cheap awful unbranded imported Chinese liquids. Items in cheap wax paper, and no toothbrush (you need to ask for that now apparently. You get better quality in a country comfort motel and certainly not whats expected of an upmarket city hotel....very disappointing. At least the staff were helpful but they were very undermanned and again a wait when checking out (blame the accountants and management)

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank pomroys
Linda C, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Adelaide, responded to this review, 24 July 2014
Dear pomroys,

Please accept my sincere apologies for all of the issues you had. I will follow this up with team, I am very concerned that not only did you have so many issues, I am very disappointed that if you let us know we did not get these problems sorted immediately.

I appreciate you taking the time to let us know and hope that the remainder of your trip to Adelaide was more enjoyable.

Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

This is a nice hotel in the Adelaide CBD. Its new, modern and stylish. The rooms are a good size wth good bathrooms but incredibly dimly lit - its really hard to see inside your suitcase, or to do work unless you like working in a dark room.

Be sure to ask for a room with a view - one side looks straight across into a multi-story carpark, with bars, which blocks any natural light and gives a prison-like feel to the room.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that does NOT face the carpark.
2 Thank KarenHappy
Dear KarenHappy,

I am very pleased you enjoyed many aspects of you stay and do apologise that you found the room too dark. We are in the process of upgrading our lighting so hopefully if you do get the opportunity to visit again you will notice the difference.

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.

Have a great weekend.

Townsville, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

The Crowne Plaza is situated in Hindmarsh Square near Rundle Mall - the center of shopping for the Adelaide CBD.Rooms were excellent and there wer good views from the windows - day or night.The room was very quiet and it was even good to hear the rain falling, great for going to sleep at night. Staff were very courteous and customer service was excellent throughout the stay, including breakfast, where there was an excellent choice of cereals, fruits, and cooked foods.
Room service was prompt and very efficient.
Staff made a point of remembering your preferences for a meal e.g I had a flat white coffee for breakfast each morning. Beds were comfortable and it was easy to go to sleep at night by pulling the full-length curtains in the room.
This stay was to attend a conference held at the University of Adelaide, which was walking distance away. Also close by, within walking distance, was the Torrens River, the Adelaide Oval, and the Botanic Gardens.

Room Tip: Get a room on the outside of the towers, these have the best views.
      Rooms
Dear Terry H,

It is so lovely to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and I really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. I am very pleased you liked your room and found it quiet to sleep in.

Thank you for acknowledging the efforts of the staff, they really do want to please and will be delighted to read your review.

I hope you have a lovely weekend ahead (enjoy the warm weather if you are back in Townsville - I am very envious and it's a beautiful place).

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

I've stayed at this hotel on several occasions however this last one was best yet. It's like they have upped the service and experience they want to give you.
Best in room dining ( the salmon) that I've had in years as a business traveller.
My only gripe....uncomfortable pillows, but they changed it when I requested a new one.
I'd highly recommend

Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Linda C, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Adelaide, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Dear Polly C,

I am delighted to know that the few changes we have made are making a difference. We are always trying to improve and we take the feedback we receive very seriously which is why I do believe we are continually improve the service we provide.

I hope your pillow choice was recorded but please when you make your next booking just reconfirm your choice so we can have it ready for you.

I hope you are having a wonderful week and you will be back again very soon.