“Modern, Slick, great Location”

Crowne Plaza Adelaide
Ranked #6 of 56 Hotels in Adelaide
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 19 August 2014

The Crowne Plaza Adelaide is one of the best examples of this chain. New, Contemporary and great location. Highly recommended. Slick and friendly service. The Bar had some cool specials. I got upgraded to a Junior suite with a nice balcony and view of the city. This is my third stay and is definitely my "go-to" choice for Adelaide.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Linda C, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Adelaide, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Dear Met-in-LA,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and I am delighted to hear that you really like the Crowne Plaza Adelaide and what we have to offer. I appreciate you pointing out some of our key features that you enjoy.

We are thrilled to be your "go-to" choice in Adelaide and very much look forward to welcoming you back.

I hope you are having a great week.

There are newer reviews for Crowne Plaza Adelaide

Reviewed 16 August 2014

As the headline suggests, this is a brand new, clean, shiny hotel. The service was fantastic, the room was spacious and comfortable and location is right at the top of the mall. If the price is right, you can stay here without any hesitation.

Room Tip: Free wifi is for members which is free to join -sign up! Some rooms have balconies, some don't...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Linda C, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Adelaide, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Dear AlChem,

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments. It is so nice to hear you enjoyed your stay and what we have to offer.

I hope you are having a fantastic week and we have the opportunity to welcome you back again when you are next visiting Adelaide.

Reviewed 15 August 2014

Travelled back to Adelaide for a catch up with friends and decided to stay at Crowne Plaza again because I remembered it was a very nice, clean hotel but more importantly their downstairs restaurant had a great burger (I ordered it again and just as good!).
The view in our room wasn't jaw dropping but the bed that we had was so good! Probably one of the best bed's I've slept on to be honest.
The hotel is clean and convenient and the valet staff were efficient and polite.
I look forward to going back and will certainly enjoy the burger and the bed!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank John D

Dear John D,

I love our beds too and I did buy one! I haven't had a burger for a while but now you have mentioned it I will ensure I do.

Thank you so much for coming back and I am delighted that you will be staying with us again. I really appreciate you taking the time to share your lovely feedback.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

Perfect place to stay for a first time visit to Adelaide - very clean, and we got a room upgrade with a balcony that overlooked the park. Staff were very friendly. The proximity to Rundle Mall was excellent, just around the corner. So many good places around to eat, and close to Botanical Gardens and Museum/Art Gallery. Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms on the front side overlook the park - try and avoid the back as it faces a multi storey car pa...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank andreankh

Dear andreankh,

I am so pleased you found us to be the perfect place to stay for a first time visit to Adelaide. It is lovely to hear you enjoyed your room upgrade and our location - we are vey lucky to be so close to everything.

Thank you for sharing your feedback and I am thrilled you would choose to stay with us again, we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 12 August 2014

Stayed here for a couple of days after coming off the Murray River. the rooms were nice and tidy and the bathroom was a really good size. We were at the back of the hotel so our view was the multi-storey carpark and the lighting was a bit dim, even during the day it was quite dull. This was however a good stay for the price we paid and the pool/ sauna was a lovely extra. Easy to get to the shopping area, zoo and restaurants.

Room Tip: I suspect the rooms at the front have a better view but you might pay for that with more noise.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank ekebabe
Linda C, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Adelaide, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Dear ekebabe,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and I am glad that you found our location made it easy for you to enjoy your stay in Adelaide.

I hope you are having a lovely week and if you are back in Adelaide will choose to stay with us again (and yes, try our Deluxe rooms they have a great view).

Reviewed 11 August 2014

I have stayed at a number of Crownes around the country for business so decided to give the Crowne Adelaide a go for my wife & I's SA mini break. The hotel it self is very new and as such the fittings & decor are very nice and in excellent condition. The attention from the concierge & from the front desk for check in was excellent.

Our room was on the 14th floor looking west towards the ocean and was a nice size with comfy king size bed. It was well worth paying the extra $20 per night for a balcony room as it was nice to stand out on it & get some fresh air occasionally. We used Red Salt the in house restaurant once for dinner & once for brekky (please see my separate review for that).

The hotel is ideally located at the northern end of the city with the trendy East End & the Rundle Mall just moments away.

The staff here are great & I would highly recommend a stay here. I have always enjoyed Crowne Plazas and the Adelaide one is no exception

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Brisvegas_boy,

Thank you so much for choosing us for your mini-break and I am pleased that Adelaide was your destination of choice, it is a great city that often gets overlooked for our eastern counterparts!'

I really appreciate your lovely feedback and for taking the time to share this. The staff will be really happy to know they made a good impression.

I hope you are having a great week.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

Although this hotel has got some good reviews I beg to differ. A room with no natural light since it was alongside the multi story car park, grumbling and whining vents even with the a/c off and rip-off charge for wifi.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank Tony D

Dear TonyDickensen,

I am very disappointed that you did not enjoy your stay and appreciate that due to our location we do have a carpark on one side of the building.

Wifi is free of charge in the lobby, restaurant, bar and business centre and for IHG Reward members in guest rooms also (it is free to join and if you do stay at other IHG hotels anywhere in the world would definitely be worth joining).

I am very sorry you were not offered to upgrade to a Deluxe room which would have been better suited to your needs.