“CROWNE PLAZA SERVICE BEYOND EXPECTATIONS”

Crowne Plaza Adelaide
Ranked #6 of 57 Hotels in Adelaide
GreenLeadersGold level
Romsey, Australia
“CROWNE PLAZA SERVICE BEYOND EXPECTATIONS”
Reviewed 26 August 2014

Our family of 5 booked interconnecting rooms at Crowne Plaza, Adelaide for a three night stay and were pleasantly surprised to find the service levels at this hotel exceeded those of anywhere we have stayed throughout our extensive travels. From the first contact with the valet staff and concierge we were put at ease and made to feel truly welcome. Valet parking service was top notch and by far the best option with regards to not only convenience but price too. Our rooms were perfectly comfortable, well cleaned and nicely furnished. Staff took time to tend to our queries with patience and much appreciated assistance. Their acknowledgement of our wedding anniversary and 11 year old daughter's birthday was very touching and made our day even more special. Ready smiles and genuine courtesy are par for the course from the staff at this hotel and they are to be commended for making visitors stays relaxed, comfortable and especially welcome - everyone gets the vip treatment.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Linda C, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Adelaide, responded to this review, 31 August 2014
Dear OSULLIVANS1998,

Thank you so much for your lovely feedback, I am so very pleased you enjoyed your stay and we were able to share in your special celebrations. You are absolutely right, all of our guests are VIP's but we get a real kick out of being a part of a special occasion so thank you for choosing us.

I hope you have a great week ahead.

Linda

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (432)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed 25 August 2014

When staying at a hotel, it's often the little things that take the experience from good to great! Such was our experience at Crowne Plaza Adelaide in August 2014. This review may be quite lengthy as there were a number of little things that all added up to the perfect weekend escape for us. Indulge me...!

The previous few nights we had been staying at an average functional hotel for business purposes. Having been in Adelaide for a couple of weeks, we decided to end our stay with something a bit special, more upmarket etc. Like anyone, we try to get the very best value possible out of our hotel dollar. So the search began.

The first wonderful encounter with Crowne Plaza Adelaide was actually when I was meeting a real estate agent at the adjacent apartment block. I had a brief chat to the parking concierge on duty that afternoon (a Monday or Tuesday as I recall) and asked about staying in the hotel and what the parking options were. Helpfully, he explained this in full detail, with a smile and genuine warmth. Even suggesting that if I found a good deal on one of the discount websites I should contact Crowne Plaza direct to see if they could match it. My initial quick question turned into a delightful chat for a few minutes - he really sold me on the hotel's service culture.

When searching for a hotel for that weekend I looked at all the available five star options in Adelaide CBD. There's a few. As an IHG member, I paid particular attention to that group. Crowne Plaza had what appeared to be the best value deals available, so based upon my concierge experience I booked online for two nights. A flawless, seamless booking experience, confirmed by email and sms.

Upon arriving at the hotel that Friday afternoon I was running late for another appointment to view an apartment. The parking concierge that day was amazing. Took my name, gave me a tag, pointed me to the agent waiting for me and said something like "Don't worry about a thing, sir, we'll have everything ready for you when you're done." And he was right. Seldom have I experienced such professional service that breeds confidence, followed up by sure action. He checked whether I needed my car that evening (I did) and made sure it was left available and ready in the forecourt.

When I was ready to check in, the same guy recognised me, ensured my check in was quick and followed me with my bags in less than a minute! Reception staff were warm and friendly, confirmed the booking came with complimentary internet access (courtesy of IHG membership) and explained the process. I felt welcome and important.

On the Saturday, I was trying to find a great restaurant for dinner. After an exhaustive internet search I called reception. The woman I spoke to was fantastic. Knowledgeable about her city and the various dining options, happy to check with colleagues if she needed clarification, and soon gave me a range of good options to think about. Couldn't have asked for more.

On Sunday we needed our car very early to get to the airport. This was booked the previous night and sure enough it was there when needed. Upon checkout, there was a minor problem with the bill but very quickly sorted with a smile and apologies. Perfect.

Oh, the room. Large, comfortable, tastefully decorated and a nice balcony overlooking the park. Great option. Great bed. One tiny, tiny thing - lack of lighting (and the floor lamp with the foot switch behind the comfy chair made it rather inaccessible...). I know hotel rooms like to create that ambiance thing, but sometimes decent and brighter lighting is welcome - at least as an option. But, that's more personal preference and takes nothing away from the quality of the room.

Overall, the service of this hotel is nothing short of impressive. Congratulations to the whole team for creating a wonderful service culture that I'll always remember. Sometimes it really is the little things that are actually the most important.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a balcony room - worth it for sure!
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear JustHappilyWandering,

It was such a pleasure reading your review. We are very fortunate to have such a wonderful team of people at the hotel who genuinely want our guests to enjoy their time with us and it always makes us all really happy when we have achieved this.

You are so right, it is the small things that make a difference and we do take all of the feedback we receive very seriously in an effort to continuously focus on what we can do make our guests feel really welcome. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience.

I hope when you are next in Adelaide we have the opportunity to welcome you back.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 24 August 2014

We stayed here for a weekend, had lots of problems with their online booking centre who had no idea what they were doing and wasted about 90 mins of my time telling me things were not available despite me sending them pics of their website with those things displayed, so I was not super confident on arrival.
What a difference great staff can make!
At check in the young lady was so helpful explaining details of the stay including which papers I wanted, late checkout available and all smiles.
Same for concierge and carpark attendants, all really friendly. I went out next day and same thing, all very friendly which can make such a difference when you are away from home.
Room was good, we had a junior suite which was a bit small but all ok, bed is fantastic as was pillow options, very quiet despite some road work outside.
So that's a yes from me!
Just dont deal with call centre, ideally they should allow you to contact hotel direct but almost impossible to locate number.

Room Tip: junior suite at higher levels have sun in afternoon on the balcony
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear malcom f,

I am so sorry you had a poor experience with our Central Reservation Office. I have been in contact with the Manager this morning and passed on your feedback - it is certainly not the type of experience we would like to deliver. For future reference our direct phone number is 08 8206 8888 and please ask for inhouse reservations.

Thank you however for not letting your initial experience spoil the rest of your stay. I am very pleased to know the team at the hotel delivered fantastic service.

I really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and we would love to welcome you back and would be very happy to take your booking directly.

Launceston, Australia
Reviewed 19 August 2014

After a far less than perfect hotel experience recently in my home State, I was somewhat worried what our next experience might be like. I had no need to worry, our experience at the Crowne Plaza was perfect. Room was generous size for a standard with two queens, that in itself impressive. Lovely arm chair, reading light and office space a bonus. Ensuite gleamed, offered a large shower, water saving showerhead delivered plenty of pressure and much attention to the little things which make ones stay more enjoyable. The lack of view (to the multi-story car park) was not an issue for us.
Beds were perfect, with three large pillows to get lost in after a long day.
Price was great lots of offers online and Plaza happy to match deals and as a member offered free wifi.
Every staff member we came into contact with was professional and friendly, the welcome backs after a long day /night felt genuine and the offers of holding our luggage booking a taxi etc much appreciated. Location is fantastic just a few minutes walk to Rundle street. Highly recommended.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Linda C, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Adelaide, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Dear Mmia47,

Thank you, you have brought a huge smile to my face. We think our hotel is a fantastic place to stay in Adelaide and our team genuinely want our guests to have a great experience.

We think we have a lot to offer, even in our standard rooms and I really do appreciate you mentioning all the great features these rooms have to offer.

I will ensure I share your feedback with the entire hotel team - they will be thrilled as am I.

I hope you are having a lovely week and if you do venture back to Adelaide it would be a real pleasure to welcome you back.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 19 August 2014

The Crowne Plaza Adelaide is one of the best examples of this chain. New, Contemporary and great location. Highly recommended. Slick and friendly service. The Bar had some cool specials. I got upgraded to a Junior suite with a nice balcony and view of the city. This is my third stay and is definitely my "go-to" choice for Adelaide.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Dear Met-in-LA,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and I am delighted to hear that you really like the Crowne Plaza Adelaide and what we have to offer. I appreciate you pointing out some of our key features that you enjoy.

We are thrilled to be your "go-to" choice in Adelaide and very much look forward to welcoming you back.

I hope you are having a great week.

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 16 August 2014

As the headline suggests, this is a brand new, clean, shiny hotel. The service was fantastic, the room was spacious and comfortable and location is right at the top of the mall. If the price is right, you can stay here without any hesitation.

Room Tip: Free wifi is for members which is free to join -sign up! Some rooms have balconies, some don't...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Linda C, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Adelaide, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Dear AlChem,

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments. It is so nice to hear you enjoyed your stay and what we have to offer.

I hope you are having a fantastic week and we have the opportunity to welcome you back again when you are next visiting Adelaide.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Travelled back to Adelaide for a catch up with friends and decided to stay at Crowne Plaza again because I remembered it was a very nice, clean hotel but more importantly their downstairs restaurant had a great burger (I ordered it again and just as good!).
The view in our room wasn't jaw dropping but the bed that we had was so good! Probably one of the best bed's I've slept on to be honest.
The hotel is clean and convenient and the valet staff were efficient and polite.
I look forward to going back and will certainly enjoy the burger and the bed!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank John D
Dear John D,

I love our beds too and I did buy one! I haven't had a burger for a while but now you have mentioned it I will ensure I do.

Thank you so much for coming back and I am delighted that you will be staying with us again. I really appreciate you taking the time to share your lovely feedback.