“Nice little apartment”
Review of iStay Precinct

iStay Precinct
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Only stayed for one night, passing through. We stayed in the two bedroom apartment room. Compact, well layed out, semi closed in balcony, everything clean and neat. There were not any shampoo or conditioner, added anything like that. Had a washing machine that should have been advertised as useful. We hired a car and expected to organise parking on arrival. BEWARE- the car park has to be booked upon reservation, which there is no option of doing on booking.com,agoda etc, so you will have to ring them anyway to reserve booking a park, at an extra cost of course. We parked next door, car not particularly safe and had to pay for that, and still move it every 2 hrs from 6am. Would have been nice to know all that before hand.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank sapphirecat88
Hotel M, Front Office Manager at iStay Precinct, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Thank you for taking time to review your recent stay with iStay Precinct. It is great to hear you have enjoyed your stay in our apartments and found everything clean and neat. Online agent bookings have a guest comment or request area where parking can be requested when booking accommodation, all car parks are subject to availability and we do recommend calling before arrival to confirm your request has been met. Should iStay Precinct not be able to offer parking on your travel dates our central location does offer alternate parking areas close to our location. We hope you consider iStay Precinct again when visiting Adelaide.

There are newer reviews for iStay Precinct

Reviewed 5 July 2014

I stayed in room 709 in the front building. I was greeted by staff who didn't actually have my booking and did not offer me any assistance with my bags or helping me to my room. But this was just the beginning!!!

When I got to my floor, as the elevator doors opened there was a foul smell. I got to my room and was greeted by a very strong smell of cigarettes. I called reception and they told me to come down so they could sort it out. I went down to reception and they said they couldn't really move me because there were no other rooms. I was given a key for another room to "have a look at", and it was just as bad!

Dirty walls, my kitchen was literally oily from the last person's dinner! The room stank of old curry smell, the couch was filthy, there was mould in the sink, the tiled floors were not mopped, the shower was covered in so much grime! I literally went out and bought glen 20 and some thongs to wear in the shower!!

The worst thing was, there was no spare blankets or heater in my room so I practically froze, and no detergent so I couldn't clean the disgusting kitchen. I wasn't going to pay to get my room serviced when clearly the cleaners are unable to clean.

The other room I looked at seemed just the same. From the minute I got here, I wanted to go home. NEVER AGAIN!

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Miss_tooch
Hotel M, Front Office Manager at iStay Precinct, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Thank you for taking time to review your recent stay with iStay Precinct. It is disappointing to learn you have not enjoyed your stay with us and that the apartments you have viewed did not meet your expectations. Please accept our apologies for your delayed check-in, we do aim to have all booking details confirmed before your arrival however any bookings received from a booking agent on the day of arrival may require additional time for your details entered. We do appreciate your patience while your booking details were being located and entered for your check-in to be completed. Our friendly staff are available 24 hours each day should you require assistance with your apartment or facilities however in order to ensure we can offer the best possible rate for our apartments we do not have porters to assist with luggage. We do hope you consider iStay Precinct again when thinking of accommodation in Adelaide.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

I stayed at this apartment hotel for five nights from 30.06.14 to 05.07.14 at a rate of $104.00 per night booked through Agoda.com

This is an apartment style hotel located in Morphett Street, Adelaide. It is conveniently enough sited and is about a ten minute stroll to the Central Markets, King William Street, and the railway station. There's not a lot in the immediate vicinity though. There are some pubs within a block or two that do cheap counter meals. The nearest supermarket is the Coles at Central Markets. The nearest bottleshop is Vintage Cellars behind Coles. One observation about Adelaide (incidental to the hotel) is that the city area is bereft of bottle shops.

I booked a studio apartment but was given a one bedroom apartment, which was appreciated. I had no view, but given the good rate and the upgrade, didn't really care.

The apartment was spacious, clean, modern, and well equiped. There was a lounge and dining area, a decently equiped kitchen with oven, microwave, and full size fridge, washing machine and dryer, heating, and a modern clean bathroom with a large shower. I was pretty happy with the product.

If I had a complaint : my queen/king bed was two singles pushed together and the join in the middle was inadequately padded. I don't move much in my sleep so it didn't bother me but it would bother some people. Also the hotel is quite clear that it doesn't provide much in the way of things like toilet paper, towels (there were only 2 for five nights), soaps, sponges, washing liquids etc. If you are there for more than a night or two you will probably have to do a small shop. That said, the hotel makes this clear during the booking process, so it wasn't a surprise.

Overall, I have no qualms about recommending this property. It's a good, comfortable base for people staying more than a few days in Adelaide as you can cook and wash clothes in the apartments. Staff were friendly and efficient. I would happily stay there again.

Room Tip: If you ask for a block in the tower you will get a view
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank fourteensquare

Thank you for taking time to review your recent stay with iStay Precinct. We are delighted you have found our location convenient and provided easy access to your desired Adelaide attractions and transport options. It is great to hear you have enjoyed your stay and found our apartments spacious, clean and well equipped. We appreciate your comments regarding our bedding, our standard bed is a king which can give the option of 2 singles and we will look into more adequate padding to ensure the join is less noticeable. Thank you for your recommendation and we look forward to welcoming you back to iStay Precinct in the future.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Rooms great however there was an evacuation whilst there and there was no muster points displayed or and process in place no fire wardens nothing us customers were left to our own devices to work out what to do no help at all staff luckily it was someone apparently had pushed fire alarm however if it had been a fire people could have died the way it was handled. I would stay again but before I do I will be checking that they have an evacuation process in place as that was my only gripe

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank DMA15770
Hotel M, Front Office Manager at iStay Precinct, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Thank you for taking time to review your recent stay with iStay Precinct. It is disappointing to read your stay has been interrupted by the evacuation of your building when the fire security system went into alarm. All floors are fitted with exit lighting to assist in guiding all guests and residents to the nearest exit in such circumstances. All cases of the fire security system in alarm are taken very seriously and are investigated by our team, in the event of an evacuation alarm sounding the Metropolitan Fire Service must investigate before access to the building can be granted again. We do apologise for the disturbance during your time with us however all protection systems are in place to ensure the safety of guests and residents within the building. We are delighted you have found the apartments great and we look forward to welcoming you back to iStay Precinct.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

The apartment is well situated, only an easy 10 minute stroll from the CBD, or if need be there are bus stops close by for those who choose to use and run every few minutes.
The apartment was very clean, spacious and comfortable, with the kitchen supplied with all amenities for which you use.
The bathroom once again very clean and modern and the shower with plenty of pressure.
There are a few levels to the apartment block, but we had no trouble with noise and the lifts were no problem.
There are restaurants close by if you do not want to go into the CBD, and also amenities stores close by for those incidental purposes.
We choose to stay in apartments rather than hotels and we find this up there with the best as we found nothing to complain about as everything was satisfactory, so we would recommend for a place to consider.

Room Tip: High level for a view of the city.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank David M
Hotel M, Front Office Manager at iStay Precinct, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Thank you for taking time to review your recent stay with iStay Precinct. It is great to hear you have enjoyed your stay in our spacious apartments and enjoyed the amenities provided. We are delighted you have found our location provides easy access to your desired Adelaide attractions and thank you for your recommendation. We look forward to welcoming you back to iStay Precinct when visiting Adelaide again.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

This is a quite new high rise block in a redevelopment part of Adelaide. hence, the room was clean and well designed although, in an apartment, there is always something which is missing, regardless. They do warn you that hand towels are not provided.
The balcony is enclosed and provides an excellent view of the city.
In an adjacent plot there is a new development on the way and so a little noise is inevitable but not intrusive.
The best feature is that it is 5 mins walk from a fabulous fruit and veg market, a China Town better than London and only 10 mins from the centre where the shops are a good mix. See the arcades off the main pedestrian precinct.

For seniors all public transport is free between 9.00 and 15.00 but see the info centre at the airport for your trip to town.
Semaphore, Glenelg and Hahndorf are all worth a visit but do not bother with Port Adelaide.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing south to eliminate building noise. The pool, spa and steam room are on Floor...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Hotel M, Front Office Manager at iStay Precinct, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Thank you for taking time to review your recent stay with iStay Precinct. We are delighted you have been able to enjoy excellent views from the balcony of your apartment and that the city noise and construction has not hindered your enjoyment. It is great to hear you have enjoyed travelling around Adelaide and spending time in popular local suburbs and towns. We look forward to welcoming you back to iStay Precinct when next travelling to Adelaide.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

iStay is in a pretty good location, only around 10mins walk from the city centre.
It is clean and reasonably modern. The bedrooms are large.
However, it is not a good place if you're hoping for a little sleep in. There is a lot of construction work going on in the area. The curtains do not block out sunlight (they are missing slats and are generally ineffective), so the room is completely light and bright as soon as the sun comes up. There appeared to be a pipe of some sort above the roof in one of the bedrooms which was very noisy at night when it was raining. The windows also made an annoying clicking noise when the sun came up (perhaps expanding in the sunlight?) which was very irritating when I was trying to sleep.
The issues I had would not be a problem for people up at the crack of dawn and out to see the city, however if you're enjoying Adelaide's food and wine and need a bit of a sleep in to avoid a hangover then bring ear plugs and an eye mask.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you for taking time to review your recent stay with iStay Precinct. We are delighted you have found the apartments clean and modern during your stay. It is unfortunate you have found some facilities in the apartment inadequate for your needs; we do recommend contacting our friendly Reception team at the moment you have any concerns about your apartment, we are available 24 hours each day should you require assistance. We hope you think of iStay Precinct again when next visiting Adelaide.