“Hop Snap and Swim is great!”

Culshaw's Restaurant
Ranked #60 of 1,622 Restaurants in Adelaide
Price range: US$0 - US$28
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Melbourne, Australia
“Hop Snap and Swim is great!”
Reviewed 23 July 2014

The Hop Snap and Swim is the signature dish - crocodile and squid, barramundi, and steak plus special sauces/pestos with Australian ingredients like rosella, lemon myrtle, etc.. This is a terrific taster plate and really good value/quality for the price ($33). Small place, but worth a visit for Australian foods ,

Visited July 2014

Albury, Australia
“Slow service and understaffed”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

It was my birthday dinner and we had hoped to have their seafood pie and on reading TA had seen it takes a while so intended to pre-order before we came down from our room. However on checking in were told there was no need to do that as all meals were able to be cooked quickly.
Sadly when we went to order it - we were told it takes 45 mins and as we had already been sitting there for 20 mins before we were asked to order, decided to just get a steak.
This was quite nice when it finally arrived 30 mins later, apart from the wrong veges coming out and having to wait for the correct ones. Very understaffed which is surprising when all the tables had reservations on them, so they knew how many people were coming.

• Visited May 2014
Tauranga, New Zealand
“Great little restaurant”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

We enjoyed the Majestic Roof Garden Hotel's restaurant the night we arrived in Adelaide. The tables were close together, but when we were there, only a couple of others were occupied, so no worries. The food was delicious.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Motivation73
Adelaide, Australia
“Another great meal...”
Reviewed 29 April 2014

My wife and I have dined there several times over the last few years, and it has become one of our favourite restaurants. We went there for our anniversary recently and had another great meal. For the entrée my wife had roast mushrooms and I had the oysters - both delicious. As usual I had the beef fillet (always very tender) for the main course and my wife had the baked barramundi this time.

The wait staff are very attentive, and were particularly good in helping my wife choose gluten free dishes. That said, a broader range of gluten free options would be good.

Prices are quite reasonable for this standard of food - especially if you use the Entertainment Book :-)

We noticed it was busier than usual, so perhaps the word is spreading about Culshaw's.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank AstroBloke
London, United Kingdom
“Delicious!”
Reviewed 9 April 2014

We found this restaurant by looking in the Adelaide Entertainment Book. Our meal was amazing and I was surprised to see the restaurant so quiet on a Friday evening. If our experience is anything to go by, then everyone in Adelaide should be eating here. I had the Hop, Snap and Swim, which includes kangaroo, crocodile, squid and barramundi. The wine we had was delicious and the server was attentive, full of knowledge, quick, chatty but not intrusive. I would definitely recommend eating at Culshaws.

• Visited March 2014