“Adelaide Highlights and Torren River Cruise”

Gray Line Adelaide Day Tours
US$48.02*
Adelaide City Tour with Optional River Cruise and Adelaide Zoo Admission
Ranked #29 of 94 Tours in Adelaide
More attraction details
Owner description: Gray Line Adelaide is owned and operated by Grant & Patrice Burton. We are a small hands-on family business, proud to be a part of the largest sightseeing company on Planet Earth. Our tours include visits to many well-known destinations including the famous Barossa Valley, the River Murray and Kangaroo Island. We partner with some of the best sightseeing attraction operators in South Australia and we are pleased to offer the finest touring coaches. Our drivers will entertain and inform. You can find Gray Line throughout Australia and in over 150 destinations on six continents around the world. Gray Line.....Truly the local expert!
Reviewed 9 September 2013

Expensive for such a lousy experience. As we drove around there was no explanation of what we were seeing other than 'There's Government House" which I could have known by the big sign out front. I have been on many of these city tours all over the world and this was definitely , by far the worst. The cruise was up a creek with the highlight being the captain pointing out the back of the Adelaide Zoo. Don't use Gray Line. I certainly will be avoiding them

1  Thank TruRoch
Kelly D, Manager at Gray Line Adelaide Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2013

Dear TruRoch.
We are disappointed to read you did not enjoy your tour with us. Your description of your experience is certainly not what we aim to provide. We aim to offer a high quality of customer service using knowledgeable tour drivers and quality attractions/venues. We would like to discuss your experience with us further to help us better improve our company . If you are amenable to this, please email me at agents@grayline.com.au.

Reviewed 19 August 2013

I did the Barossa Valley tour through my much cherished company Graylines (I have no affiliation :P) and I have to say it was bar far the most amazing place I have seen in Australia so far. Although my resume of travelling is a short one, I have to say the say I went there was mist over the tops of the hills and when the day turned into a nice cloudy/sunny one you could see the shadows all over the vast green plains.

One thing you would need to note is that SA is a very dry state, and like anywhere there a certain times of the year when you would want to go. SA was green when I went in June and I can say that there were no grapes at that time of the year as I believe harvest time is April if I am not mistaken. Having the tour guide (of 15 years and a local) drive you around you get an experience like no other really because they know the best places to go and give great commentary during the trip.

I have done 8 Grayline tours in 3 states and about to make that 11 in 4 states soon, I also have a friend who thought the cost was a bit much for her and she wanted to drive with another friend. All I can say is that I sure did not feel it was overpriced and its her loss really, I have done enough Grayline tours and private tours now to know the difference between the quality. If you can do this through Graylines see if you can get "Marty" as the driver, local driver of 15 years and know his Barossa region.

4  Thank Scott V
Reviewed 15 April 2013

This tour is expensive by comparison to others offered by the same company. It is however a lovely relaxed afternoon outing with little effort required. Hahndorf town is a great venue to visit.

2  Thank Anthony B
Kelly D, Manager at Gray Line Adelaide Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2013

Thank you for your review. We are glad to hear you enjoyed Hahndorf on the Adelaide Highlights tour. Gray Line prides itself being a name people can trust in Adelaide, Australia and around the world, for providing quality tours. This entails our staff, vehicles and the places/venues we visit

Reviewed 25 January 2013

The only real negative was the lady at the airport who wanted us to book our trips with here, whereas at our hotel the same trips were 2 for the price of one. i.e. a 50% saving. Cheryl was a great tour guide. Thanks. And Mr McAvaney (Martyn I think) was also great. They both are assets to Grays. Just one note folks, may I suggest a little less at Hahndorf and a little longer at Mt Lofty on that afternoon tour

1  Thank AngeKenos
Kelly D, Manager at Gray Line Adelaide Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2013

Thank you very much for your feedback! We will pass your compliments onto the staff mentioned - they will be wrapt!

Reviewed 29 December 2012

We'd been told we must do the Adelaide Hills, but we weren't going to hire a car, and the other tour on offer (in the travel agent's brochure) was almost $400 (compared to our $68 for this tour) so the choice was an easy one financially! We were on a large bus (24 seater?) which means you don't get to ask questions or interact with your driver as you would in smaller groups, and it was a little hard to hear the talk over the rattling bus.

This four-hour tour is a good one to do in your first day or two in Adelaide, to help point out various bits within the city bounds, then you travel up the hills, stopping for 15 minutes at the Mt Lofty obelisk to view the city expanse from this vantage point. Then it's back in the bus and onto Hahndorf, where you get two hours to wander along the shopping strip punctuated wi German-influenced eateries. I would have loved an extra hour in Hahndorf itself, as it would have meant more time to peruse the stores and a more relaxed afternoon tea instead of clock watching.

The 'extra' part of the package was either a beer tasting or afternoon tea at The Hahndorf Inn. My partner had the beer tasting - three kinds and about 140mls of each, all good. He then went on to choose a stein of one of their other beers not tasted! I chose the afternoon tea and had been hoping for something savoury, but you only get a choice of rich sweet cakes plus tea or coffee. We both would have preferred a cheaper tour price and no "freebie".

Overall not bad, but not outstanding, especially compared with our other tour experience so far, probably more due to it being less personal and pretty quick. Do this one as your warm-up to your other tours.

Note - pickup not at our hotel as arranged and noted on our paperwork, so very important you call and confirm the day before, otherwise we may have been left waiting!!

2  Thank phoenix555
Kelly D, Manager at Gray Line Adelaide Day Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 1 January 2013

Thank you for your feedback Phoenix555. We value and appreciate your comments .

We agree - the Adelaide Hills and Hahndorf are a must see when visiting Adelaide and a great way to (as you say) start off your time in Adelaide as a 'warm up' on your first day or 2. The name of our tour 'Adelaide Highlights' sums up the experience for the 4 hour afternoon tour - highlights of the city, Adelaide Hills and Hahndorf. There is only so much we can fit in this time frame and spend the appropriate amount of time at each destination.

I will pass your comments about the rattle in the coach onto the maintenance department to see if they can sort it out. A mini coach is 24 seats, so I would assume that it was a larger coach than this.