“Worst tour of my holiday”
Review of Groovy Grape Tours

Overnight Kangaroo Island Wildlife Adventure from Adelaide
US$347.19*
3-Day Great Ocean Road and Grampians Trip from Adelaide to Melbourne
More attraction details
Owner description: All inclusive bus tours featuring Australia's most exciting and iconic destinations: the Barossa Valley wine region, Kangaroo Island, the Great Ocean Rd & Grampians, Flinders Ranges, Outback and Red Centre. Especially designed for the youth, backpacker, adventure traveller, who want fun informative adventurous trips. Knowledgeable and passionate tour guides, who understand the history, culture, people, landscape, flora and fauna of the places you’ll visit. These culturally aware tours have been endorsed with accreditation in Eco Tourism and Tourism Business.
Reviewed 23 June 2014

My travel agent was meant to book 3 tours with Groovy Grape but made a mistake and only booked one. Thank God! Our tour guide was awful and so much depends on him. At first I wondered if he had a strange sense of humour that we would get used to but no he was just grumpy. In his introduction he told us Groovy Grape had been working him into the ground and he was too tired to be socialable. He also said someone needed to sit in the front seat to keep him awake so we didn't crash and die. On the first day people did sit up front but not after that. He managed to insult every nationality on the bus, told us what he thought of most of our Governments - which was not good - in fact kept up an almost continious political diatribe that rendered us speechless. He also got angry at us because in his opinion we weren't spending long enough taking photographs of rocks. Sorry but how many rocks do you expect us to look at going up the Great Ocean Road. Also compared to other tours, the accommodation is shabby not to mention unclean. We even stayed somewhere they didn't change the sheets between tours. And finally, my 5* hotel in Adelaide turned out to be in the middle of the red light district. Did he make sure I was dropped off at the door being a lone female in a strange town in the dark. No, although he came from Adelaide he said he didn't know where the hotel was so left me in the street and told me he thought it was up a lane and behind a building. Well I wasn't walking up any dark lane on my own and fortunately my sense of direction was better than his and I found it on the main street almost straight away. There is nothing good I can say about the organisation of this trip.

2  Thank Carole R
Kristy C, Public Relations Manager at Groovy Grape Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Dear Carole R,

I am really sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your Groovy tour. Since we did not receive a formal complaint from you and no such comments have come to light in our customer questionnaires, we have no way of pinpointing which tour guide made these comments. Please be assured it is not of the usual Groovy standard our crew of tour guides uphold. If you would be so kind as to contact me directly by email: marketing@groovygrape.com.au or phone: +61 8 8440 1640 to advise us, as we would really like to investigate the matter further.

As for your accommodation in Adelaide, we do not book pre and post accommodation for our customers, so cannot take responsibility for this.

Happy travels,

Kristy Cutts

Reviewed 11 June 2014

From the time we jumped on the bus till the time we were dropped off had nothing but a fun and informative time.
Monique our bus driver was more than helpful with any questions and spent her time with everyone having a good laugh which put everyone at ease, also making for a great group to have a drink with.
If you think that on a wine tour you get 1 glass and this is it ... THINK AGAIN.... We stopped at 4 wineries all of them just as good as the next with every single person we ran into with a smile ( how could you not working around wine and port all day)
As well we stopped off at the Giant rocking horse, a view of the whole barossa and the whispering wall.
Groovy Grape you have gone above and beyond when it comes to service + quality would highly recommend this tour for the young, old, backpacker,local...

1  Thank HeidiW87
Lea C, Public Relations Manager at Groovy Grape Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2014

Dear HeidiW87,

We are really happy that you were delighted by your Barossa Day tour with Monique, she is an amazing guide.

Thank you for reviewing your experience with us

We hope to see you again on one of our extended tours in the Outback, Kangaroo Island or the Great Ocean Road

Reviewed 1 June 2014

I did not find any travelmates so I had to book this tour (my first one). It was definitely great ! Clancy, our tour guide, was very cool and very friendly. Food was good and campfires were just awesome ! I had a great time with Groovy Grape. Nevertheless, the tour should be 1 or 2 days longer so as to spend more time in Flinders Ranges.

Dear Benito58,

Thank you for reviewing on Trip Advisor :-)

We are really happy that you enjoyed your 1st organised tour. Concerning nthe part in Flinders Ranges, we actually have the Flinders Outback Explorer tour that focuses on this part of the country.

We hope to see you soon on one of our other tours.

Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

I've done the 6 day trip from Adelaide to Alice Springs with these guys. It was the best trip I've ever done.

Our guide Steve is not only knowledgeable about the sights and history (which he knows a lot about) he made sure everyone had a good time, funny funny guy, knows a lot about almost everything.

The sights where amazing, uluru is a must when you are in Australia. Sleeping in swags by a campfire, underground at Coober Pedy. An experience I'll never forget! Good work!!

1  Thank RianneDutchy

Dear RianneDutchy,

Thank you for reviewing on Trip Advisor !

We are delighted that your enjoyed your trip and we will let your guide know that you appreciated the tour with him :-)

We hope to see you again on one of our other tours such as Kangaroo Island, Great Ocean Road or the Barossa Valley.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

I've done 3 tours with groovy grape and there's a lot of positive things to say about these tours. First, food is good and they catered for vegetarian (that's pretty nice :D).
It's nice to just sit and relax in the bus and not worry about where you need to go or what you need to do. By taking a tour, you're sure your not going to get lost and you're going to see the best view with great people. It's always nice to be other travellers and visit new places particularly when you're a solo traveller !
Even if all of those tours included long way on the road, the stop are really nice and it's the cost to pay to see some amazing places. They bring you to some amazing place and offer you some great activities !
I think the succes of a tour is always based on the tour guide in a certain way and all of the guides were great but I particularly enjoyed the guide of my Rock Patrol trip (Brawnie).
I do recommended those trip to solo travellers it's such a easiest and funniest way to travel the big distances of Australia and enjoy this wonderful country ! :)

1  Thank Elisabeth C

Dear Elisabeth C,

Thank you for letting us know that you enjoyed your trips with us, and recommending us :)

The Sparkling Grape escape Package that gather together the 3 tours is definitely a good value for money.
Moreover we do try to create a real group dynamic in our tours, we want all our travellers to feel like a part of our family when they travel with us !

Léa