“Good place to kill time” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Adelaide Casino

Adelaide Casino
Ranked #54 of 194 things to do in Adelaide
More attraction details
Owner description: Adelaide’s premier wining, dining and entertainment destination is waiting to be discovered. Experience some of South Australia’s hottest restaurants and bars, exciting new games and a world-class entertainment lineup.
Singapore, Singapore
157 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 179 helpful votes
“Good place to kill time”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

Had a few hours to kill before meeting a friend. End up wandering in here to kill time with pokies. Quite a nice place to chill out.

Visited August 2013

• Korean first
Berri, Australia
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Sub Standard Dinner in a Below Average Casino”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

We recently went to the Adelaide Casino for dinner and decided on eating at the Junction Cafe. My husband ordered fish and chips and I had roast of the day both $10.90. Service was quick but that was the only positive for the casino. Both meals came out on entree size plates. Fish and chips consisted of 1 small piece of fish, small handful of chips and a small bowl of lettuce with 1 slice of cucumber. He said the fish was OK but certainly not a decent size serving for dinner. The roast of the day I had was the worst meal I have ever eaten. It also was on a entree size plate with 2 huge chunks of carrot, beans, 2 pre-cooked small potato's and 1 small slice of meat for which I think was pork. One of the chunks of carrot took up half the size of the piece of meat. The roast meat had been pre- cooked and reheated by frying it as the edges of it were oily and extremely dry!!! The roast meat can only be described as suitable for dog meat as it was downright awful. A 10 year old child could have produced a better meal. The overall standard of the casino has certainly gone down recently. We were a big fan of the buffet meals at the casino but they do not have them anymore unfortunately. I am of the understanding the casino is currently under going renovations but it is still no excuse for serving sub standard meals in a below average environment. There was 4 lounge chairs near the toilets that looked as though they should be taken to the rubbish tip. We will not be going back there again.

Visited July 2014
Australia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Renovations in progress”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

The rebuilding of the Casino will take a long time so previous comments about the layout may be the case at present but the Casino will be stunning when it is finished. One of the previous posts states that reno. is finished, sorry, it has barely started. Unfortunately dining options are limited to the Junction Cafe and the Barossa Room, both the Pullman Restaurant and North have closed which is a pity, they served excellent meals. However I believe the new Casino will have a number of Restaurants. I visit the Casino regularly and find the staff friendly, for patrons not wishing to gamble there are Bar areas. There are singers in the main Bar on certain nights of the week but I miss the Pianist who would play requests, also guest artists such as the Elvis impersonator and Tea Rose Duo. The focus is very much on younger people, an area for us oldies would be nice.

Visited July 2014
Brisbane
107 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 282 helpful votes
“IDEAL AREA FOR CASINO !!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

Husband and I are not casino people, but during our Adelaide holiday we called into the North Terrace casino for a look and watch the action ! The building itself is well worth seeing, the interior seemed somewhat too small . We found the staff helpful and knowledgeable, good afternoon entertainment !!

Visited September 2013
Sydney
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Staff member 50672 VERY RUDE!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

3/5/2014 Saturday I arrived in Adelaide for my little brother wedding. I stayed at Stamford Plaza across the road from SKYCITY Casino. I was meeting my brother for a drink at SKYCITY around 1:30pm I'm from Sydney so it was the first time for me at SKYCITY as I crossed the road and entered from north tce entry I was greeted politely from the secruity as I entered,got a sms from my brother to meet him up stairs wear the poker tables are.so I asked a female staff member can you please help find were the poker tables are she said keep walking straight ahead past the pokie machines and keep going past roulet tables and on your right their are escalator and that will take you up to the poker tables. I said thank you for helping me but then as I turned my back on her to go see my brother I herd from her voice "no wories d&@"$(head" I turn around to her and said exuse me? She repiled I wasn't talking to you.. But there was no one eles around at the time. She looked at me like I was some kind of idiot person that didn't belong at SKYCITY !! She really made me feel not welcome and angry so I remembered her employee No 50672!!! I reported it but still no response I don't want any freebees. Just want SKYCITY to acknowledge that they receive my complaint..

Visited May 2014