“Good value hotel, new decor and central....”
Review of Adelaide Rockford

Adelaide Rockford
Ranked #23 of 56 Hotels in Adelaide
Reviewed 9 August 2011

Nice welcoming staff, a car park underneath and bang in the middle of town - a pretty good recipe. We upsized to a king room, it was great in spite of facing the road (not really noisy). Bar quiet but nice, with a fire and half price drinks during happy hour. Swimming pool closed til further notice which would have been good to know in advance.

Room Tip: In the King room, the light in the mini bar fridge can be switched off just inside it's door! O...
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jabber23

Reviewed 3 August 2011

Great motel, rooms were over all pretty good, the bathroom left a bit to be desired cleanliness wise but other wise bed was great, facilities in general pretty good etc.

Let downs, depending on the nature of your visit and sleep patterns the location is not idea (Hindley street is the night life center of Adelaide, bit seedy at the best of times and VERY noisy on weekends).

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank ScottSqu
A TripAdvisor Member
Melbourne
Reviewed 1 August 2011

Very Nice Hotel, close to the CBD. Great food and the room was nice and big. The bed was very comfortable and the bathroom was modern. Will definatley stay here again while in Adelaide. The only real downside was that my room was close to traffic which led to some noise, but you're going to get that when you stay near the city.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 1 August 2011

The Good
I found the booking process quite easy and friendly. I arrived very early and was given a room immediately, which was great.

The Bad
I had specifically requested a quiet room as I was staying the night prior to my exams. However, my room overlooked the main street and I could hear the bass booming from the nightclub across the road until 4am. The hotel also appears to be situated in Adelaide's red light district, which made me reluctant to venture out after dark, especially as I was travelling as a single female.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 July 2011

Stayed here for a week on business. The room was modern, spacious and comfortable and a great comfortable bed! We stayed in a junior suite and it was perfect for a couple on business. There's a nice restaurant and bar area with a small outdoor area to drink which faces the front of the hotel. My only criticism is that the hotel faces onto Hindley st, which is the major hub for bars and clubs on Friday and Saturday night. Although quiet through the week the noise on Friday & Sat night was difficult for my business colleagues who had to work over the weekend, they all stayed on the Hindley st side of the hotel. To avoid the weekend noise ask to be placed in a room facing the back of the hotel and you won't hear a thing. When I was there the rooftop pool was being closed for maintenance so can't comment on that area. A great touch was there were washing machines and dryers on each floor for use (fee required) but a plus is your travelling. The location is good a little out of the shopping district however a free tram is 2-3 stops to the mall or the Entertainment centre 9if your seeing a show there) Also a 5 minute cab to the main street with upmarket restaurants. Would definately stay here again, especially for leisure.

Room Tip: Ask for a room to the back of the hotel - not facing Hindley street
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Worldfoodies
Reviewed 27 July 2011

Great value, great location, clean comfortably rooms,helpful staff, I pad in the room wow just Loved it and we'll be back.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 July 2011

I stayed in the Rockford because it was the only place I could get a room during the Adelaide Festival (which I wasn’t in town for).

The hotel really wasn’t that good. The first room I was offered looked like it was meant to be a suite. It had a pretty unpleasant looking Jacuzzi bathtub actually in the bedroom! And it was just somewhere I didn’t want to spend any time. I called down and asked for another room but it took so long for anyone to respond, I actually started phoning other hotels – without success.

The next room I got was fine. If I’d had that in the first place, and the price was sensible, I’d have been happy. It wasn’t a great room but it was clean and modern enough. Biggest downside was that it had a balcony with sliding doors that wouldn’t quite close. So I got woken up very early by what I assume was trash collection.

Service is pretty minimal in this hotel. I called to get laundry collected, and was told I had to drop it off at the front desk myself. And when I came back from work, I really didn’t think my room had been serviced. A closer look showed that it had but it was a pretty minimal effort.

The place seems to be run on shoestring, with the front desk staff doing everything – including bringing back my laundry. In fairness to the team on the Front Desk, they were very helpful and very friendly. There are no door staff, so you’ll need to carry your own bags.

One nice point was that there was an iPad in my second room with free Internet.

This hotel would be reasonable at the right price, but two nights with just room and laundry cost me AU$664! Now I paid that because there was nowhere else to stay, but I feel exploited, and that doesn’t exactly make me want rush to book other Accor properties.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business