“Lovely hotel, location not good for families” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Adelaide Rockford

Adelaide Rockford
Ranked #21 of 58 Hotels in Adelaide
“Lovely hotel, location not good for families”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the Rockford hotel on a Wednesday night, and I thoroughly enjoyed my stay. The check in was easy, and the staff were lovely.
The room was spacious and very clean, with a large television, and two double beds, which was perfect for what we needed. The room also came with free wireless internet for as many devices as I had, however, it ended up being quite difficult to use as every time I switched apps on my iPhone, or locked the screen, I had to login again which after doing it so often, wasted a lot of time.
I drove to Adelaide, and I had assumed that we would be offered free parking within the building. However upon arrival we were informed that the parking cost $18 pet night and was subject to availability. Luckily we got the last space, which meant that I did not have to park across the road in a standard parking complex.
We decided to walk to rundle mall, which is only a short walking distance away, and we're rather shocked by the number of adult facilities in the area, including adult cinemas, bookstores and strip clubs, which did not bother me too much, but would be inappropriate for a young family to walk past. If those facilities were not their, it would be the perfect location.
Overall we greatly enjoyed our stay and would be more than happy to return.

Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Joshua T

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

This is a good hotel which I stayed two nights for work.
It's close to city centre without being right in the middle. It's located on western end (University end) of Hindley St.
For families this hotel is maybe a little close to the seedier section of Hindley St but for everyone else it is closer to airport and the railway station & bus stop are only a few blocks away.
Really liked the modern spacious room and the iPad that you can use for free was a real nice touch.
Good restaurant and good range for breakfast but too expensive at over $20 for a continental.
Nice & simple bar & lounge.
Small car park under the building.
Hotel is part of the Accor companies.
Overall for business a great hotel. For personal really good as well unless you have a young family then I would suggest to stay elsewhere given the seedy nightlife a block away.

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

Wishing I had read the reviews prior to booking, I stayed in a lovely room but couldn't sleep a wink due to the noise across the road. Originally allocated a room on the ground floor, I asked to change rooms to avoid traffic noise, unfortunately, even on level 3 there was both traffic and night club noise. Needs better soundproofing for such a central location.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
Carey Bay
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

Being an Accor platinum member I selected the Rockford as it was just a 5 minute walk away from the Conference centre. Being placed in a basic invalid room was about as bad as it gets. No lid on the toilet seat, unclean, tatty furniture... if this was the upgrade Platinum members are entitled to, I fear what I was upgraded from. Please note I booked and paid almost $1,000 months ago. Not all things were awful. Staff members Suji and Woo were exceptional and the bar/restaurant were not only comfortable, but I was also made to feel 'special" by these two. Regarding location, If you have a sore back can I suggest you have easy access to any one of the forty or so massage parlours within 400 metres of the hotel ( Adelaide's equivalent of Kings Cross I guess; fine if that's what you're looking for). For me; Never again. Forgive me for being negative but its not what I expect from Accor.

Room Tip: No idea; complaining did nothing for me. Sink was about 800 mm above floor level obviously catering...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank peterCareyBay
Gold Coast, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

The Rockford has fantastic large rooms with king size bed, fridge, seating area for reading, work desk and complimentary iPad. The staff are very friendly and very helpful. The TV signal is weak and Hindley St is very busy on the weekend with all of the nightclubs and strip joints.

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

I stayed at this hotel only for one night (midweek) when in Adelaide on business. I found the room (the king room) and bathroom to be really spacious and comfortable. Bed was comfortable and I had a good nights sleep, but I've got to say Hindley Street (at this end) is a bit "sleezy" and although I had no problem going for a walk during the afternoon - I'd feel a little different at night. But the hotel is quite central and close to Rundall Mall and the casino and some nice cafes and restaurants. I didn't eat at their restaurant (open for dinner only) but had a drink at the bar which was reasonably priced with friendly staff. Had breakfast and I found it to be very good - I've been to lots of hotels and had breakfast lots of times - only so much they can do for a buffet breakfast - I found the Rockford to be one of the better ones for the price.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a king room if you can.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for six nights in August 2014. First impression was, some of the receptionists are very helpful and friendly and some are just there to do their jobs. The rooms are very big, beds are comfortable, both bathroom and bedroom has its own heater which was helpful during nights when the temperature went down to 2deg celcius. However the cleaners did not replace everything on a daily basis. Sometimes we would have a new block of soup, sometimes not (and the soap is a tiny one. One day we actually finished it and they did not replace) sometimes they would replace the small towels for the bathroom floors, sometimes not. The breakfast spread is the same everyday but we did not complain as everything was tasty and halal friendly for Muslim travellers such as us. Now the ugly. Rockford is situated on Hindley Street which comes alive on the weekends. On Friday and Saturday night, the locals came out to party and they get rather rowdy. It was very noisy till about four in the morning and there were three spots of vomit right in front of the lobby. The hotel doors are locked on Friday and Saturday night to avoid drunk partygoers from entering so if you go out, you will need to bring your room key card to enter the hotel. Other than that, this is a fairly decent hotel. I would not mind staying here again, but will most definitely avoid the weekends.

• Stayed August 2014